Priti Sushil Patel is a British politician serving as Secretary of State for the Home Department since 2019. She previously served as Secretary of State for International Development from 2016 to 2017.
Facts of Priti Patel
|Full Name:||Priti Patel|
|Age:||50 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||March 29, 1972|
|Birth Place:||London, United Kingdom|
|When did Priti Patel get married ? (married date):||, 2004|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Sushil Patel|
|Mother's Name:||Anjana Patel|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 6 inches|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Waist Size:||26 inch|
|Bra Size:||32 inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Priti Patel|
Priti Patel is a member of the conservative party and famous as a politician. she is regarded as being ideologically on the party’s right-wing and has been described as a Thatcherite. She was also elected as the first member of parliament for the Witham Constituency in Essex. She has been an active member for 16 years. Currently, She served as Home Secretary of the United Kingdom. To know more about Priti Patel, keep reading below.
Who are the parents of Priti Patel?
Recalling her early life, Priti Patel was born as Priti Sushil Patel in London, the U.K. Her father is Sushil Patel and her mother is Anjan Patel. Her parents are from Gujarat, India and were the immigrants of Uganda. Her parents established the newsagent’s chain in London and South East England. Priti was raised in South Harrow and Ruislip and holds a British nationality. Initially, Priti was interested in business investment and trade.
For her schooling, Priti went to a girls school for her initial education, Watford Grammer School for Girls. Later she attended Keele University and studied Sociology and Social Anthropology. Priti completed her post-graduate from the University of Essex.
When did Priti Patel begin her political Career?
- Talking about her career, Andrew Lansley recruited Priti at Conservative Central Office. Later she moved to the Conservative Party and worked with media relations in London.
- Priti worked for a PR consulting firm with Weber Shandwick. Patel was one of the seven Shandwick employees who worked on British American Tobacco, a major account as stated by The Guardian.
- Priti stood as the Conservative candidate for Nottingham North, losing to the sitting Labour MP in the general election 2005. She also worked for alcoholic beverages in corporate relations for four years.
- Priti was considered one of the “Class of 2010” who represented the party’s “new Right” along with fellow Conservative MPs Kwasi Kwarteng, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore, and Elizabeth Truss. Priti was presented with a “Jewels of Gujarat” award in Ahmadabad, India Patel voted to support Cameron’s planned bombing of Islamic State targets in Syria.
- In 2016, she was appointed as International Development Secretary. She announced that Britain would contribute £1.1 billion to a global aid fund used to combat malaria, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS.
- In January 2017, Patel and the Labour MEP Neena Gill were the two UK winners of the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, the highest honor that the Indian government gives to non-resident Indians or people of Indian origin. She was given the award for her public service. In the June snap general election, she was re-elected as MP for Witham with a majority of 18,646 votes. In November 2017, Priti has to resign from the post due to an inappropriate allegation of meeting with Israeli officials.
- Patel was appointed Home Secretary by Boris Johnson in July 2019. Shortly after her appointment, news had transpired that, in May 2019, Patel began working for Viasat as a strategic advisor on a salary of £5,000 a month for five hours’ work a month, without seeking prior approval from the government’s Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, leading to accusations that she has broken the ministerial code for a second time.
Who is Priti Patel married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Priti is a married lady. She is married to Alex Sawyer, a marketing consultant in 2004. The couple is happily married and has a son named Freddie born in 2008. There is no sign of any separation between them and there is no extra affair as far as known.
How much net worth does Priti Patel own?
Priti is a renowned politician and has played many major roles in the field of politics. As per online sites, she has a net worth of $3 million as of 2019 and has a salary of £5,000 as a strategic advisor from Viasat.
How tall is Priti Patel?
Observing her body physics, Priti stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. She has black hair and brown eyes. Similarly, She used a 6.5 (UK) shoe size. Further, there is no information about her body stats on the online sites right now. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.