Facts of Rana Daggubati
|Full Name:||Rana Daggubati|
|Age:||38 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||December 14, 1984|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rana Daggubati|
Rana Daggubati is an Indian actor, producer, television personality, visual effects co-ordinator, and an entrepreneur who is known primarily for his work in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil films. Rana is widely recognized for his main antagonist role of Bhallaladeva in one of the highest-grossing blockbuster movies, “Baahubali: The Beginning”(2015).
Daggubati has established himself as one of the leading actors in Telugu cinema, with his variety of roles in several movies, and is also described as one of the few actors in India who were able to achieve pan-Indian appeal. He also has won several awards including IIFA Award, Zee Cine Award, SIIMA Award, Nandi Award, and National Film Award.
Rana is quite active and popular in social media sites with over 3.5 million followers on his Instagram account: @ranadaggubati. On May 12, 2020, he got engaged to his long-term girlfriend, Miheeka Bajaj.
What is Rana Daggubati Famous for?
- Famous as lead Telugu actor, mainly for his role as Bhallaladeva in “Baahubali: The Beginning”(2015).
- Known as the Grandson of Daggubati Ramanaidu, son of Telugu film producer, Daggubati Suresh Babu, and paternal uncle actor, Venkatesh.
Where was Rana Daggubati Born?
Rana Daggubati was born on December 14, 1984, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His birth name is Ramanaidu Daggubati. His nationality is Indian. Saggitarius is his zodiac sign.
Rana was born in Daggubati-Akkineni family as the eldest son of Daggubati Suresh Babu(father) and Lakshmi Daggubati(mother). His father, Suresh, is a popular Telugu film producer and managing director of “Suresh Productions” while his mother, Lakshmi is a house-wife.
Rana belongs to a filmy background as his paternal grandfather, Daggubati Ramanaidu was the prominent head of the popular “The Daggubati-Akkineni Family” and even has a place in the “Guinness Book of World Records” for most films produced by an individual with over 150 films in 13 Indian languages. His paternal uncle, Venkatesh Daggubati, and his cousin Naga Chaitanya are also actors in the film industry.
Rana grew up in his hometown in a well-protected environment as a celebrity kid along with his younger siblings: a brother, Abhiram Daggubat, and a sister, Malavika Devi Daggubati. He attended Hyderabad Public School and then got transferred to Chettinad Vidyashram. Besides, he is blind in his right eye and he has a transplanted left eye, which he revealed in 2016. When he was 14, he had his right surgery however, it was unsuccessful.
Rana Daggubati’s Career as an Actor
- Rana Daggubati began his professional career as an actor with his first film debut playing the role of Arjun Prasad in Telugu political drama film, “Leader” in 2010. The movie was one of his biggest successes as he won Filmfare Award and CineMAA Award for Best Male Debut.
- He made his Bollywood debut with the action thriller film, “Dum Maaro Dum”, which released on April 22, 2011. His debut was also called “Dashing Debut” and “The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011”.
- He played the role of a professional killer, Abhimanyu in the box-office hit film, “Nenu Naa Rakshasi” in 2011.
- In 2012, he starred in movies including “Naa Ishtam”, “Department” and “Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum”.
- He made his debut in Tamil through Ajith Kumar’s thriller film, “Aarambam” in 2013. The same year, he made a cameo appearance in Ayan Mukerji’s Bollywood hit, “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” and “Something Something”.
- In 2015, he played a supporting role in the Indian thriller, “Baby” as Jai Singh Rathore. The same year, he made a cameo appearance in movies including “Dongaata”, “Size Zero”, “Inji Iduppazhagi”.
- Daggubati got himself the role of Chalukya Veerabhadra in the Telugu epic biographical action film, “Rudramadevi”. Following the success, he got his biggest break with his portrayal as the lead antagonist, Bhallaladeva in the S. S. Rajamouli’s epic action film, “Baahubali: The Beginning” which was released worldwide in July 2015. The movie was the highest-grossing film in India at the time of its release.
- Its ending series, “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion”, released April 28, 2017, became the first Indian film to cross 1000 crore and is currently the second highest-grossing Indian film.
- In 2017, he did India’s first underwater film, “The Ghazi Attack”. The same year, he played the role of politician, Radha Jogendra in Telugu political Thriller movie, “Nene Raju Nene Mantri”.
- He also hosted a Telugu Television program, “No 1. Yaari” in 2017 that ran till 2018, which created the highest TVP values for a Telugu TV show.
- He appeared as Raja Gama in the Hindi-language comedy film, “Housefull 4” in 2019 and as himself in Hindi film, “Welcome to New York” in 2018.
- Furthermore, he dubbed for the character, Thanos in the American superhero Marvel film, “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame”.
- His upcoming appearance will be in “Haathi Mere Saathi/Kaadan/Aranya”, “Madai Thiranthu / 1945”, “Hiranya Kashyapa”, and “Virata Parvam”.
- National Film Awards
- 2 Filmfare Awards South
- 3 Nandi Awards
- Zee Cine Awards
- 5 SIIMA Awards including “Entertainer of the Year” for “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion”.
- IIFA Awards
- 2 CineMAA Awards
Who is Rana Daggubati Engaged to?
Rana Daggubati is engaged to his long-term girlfriend, Miheeka Bajaj. Bajaj is a beautiful Indian interior designer and owner of an event management company, “Dew Drop Design Studio”.
They had been seeing each other for a long time and on May 12, 2020, they got engaged as announced by Rana himself announced about their engagement on his Instagram with an adorable selfie together and a caption, “And she said Yes”. After the quarantine is over, the couple is planning to get married soon.
Rana had dated previously beautiful actress, Trisha Krishna. Besides, Rana enjoys cooking, diving, boxing, and photography. Back in February 2013, he had a feud with another popular actor, Vikram, after Vikram gave a statement related to his profession which kickstarted the issue in the whole media, however, they handled the situation in a gentle way later.
What is the Net Worth of Rana Daggubati?
Rana Daggubati has great earnings from his professional career as an actor. Working in this field for over a decade, he has easily managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several movies, cameo appearance, TV shows, and endorsements. From a Telugus star having turned to a pan Indian actor, Daggubati has undoubtedly earned a million fortune with millions of hearts all over India.
His current estimated net worth is around Rs. 142 Crore while his annual salary per movie is around Rs. 6 Crore. Besides, belonging to an already rich family, “The Daggubati-Akkineni Family”, Rana has been living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle since his childhood and already has a million worth fortune on his account.
He has his Hyderabad house worth Rs. 4.8 crore, his Rs. 2.73 crore worth Mercedes Benz S-Class, and Rs. 1.32 crore worth BMW 7 series. He also wears extremely expensive products including Rs. 3.25 lakh worth TAGHeuer Grand Prix and Rs. 8.16 lakh worth Hublot Mexican.
How Tall is Rana Daggubati?
Rana Daggubati is a chocolaty handsome man in his 30s. he has a well maintained masculine athletic body physique with 46 inches chest, 35 inches waist, and 18 inches biceps. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 2inch.(1.88m) while his body weighs around 102kg(225 lbs). He has brown complexion with dark brown eyes and black hair.