Facts of Reche Caldwell
|Full Name:||Reche Caldwell|
|Age:||44 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||March 28, 1979|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Reche Caldwell|
An American former professional football player was named for Reche Caldwell. He was a wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL) for six seasons in the 2000s. He played college football for the Florida Gators and after that, he played professionally for the San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins of the NFL. He attended Jefferson High School in Tampa, where he was a three-sport standout in high school football, basketball, and baseball for the Jefferson Dragons. In four high school baseball seasons, he set the Jefferson Dragons’ career records for batting average (.379), doubles (25), triples (six), steals (67), and runs (76). He accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, where he was a three-year letterman for coach Steve Spurrier’s Gators teams from 1998 to 2001. On 6th June 2020, he was shot and killed during an attempted robbery. Read more to know about his full biography, current team, trade history, stats, wiki, achievements, injury, contract, birthday, facts, age, and more.
Former NFL Wide Receiver, Reche Caldwell Reportedly Killed at 41
According to his mother, Deborah Caldwell, former NFL receiver Donald ‘Reche’ Caldwell, was “ambushed” and killed Saturday night at age 41. Reche Caldwell was a standout receiver during his time at the University of Florida where he won a National Championship in 2000. Caldwell was drafted by the Chargers in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He was killed in his hometown of Tampa, Florida Saturday night at the age of 41. Caldwell was shot in the leg and chest in what has been called an “ambush” at his home.
What was the Cause of Death of Reche Caldwell?
Caldwell was shot and killed on June 6, 2020. According to his mother, the shooting occurred during an attempted robbery. In a press release Sunday morning, Tampa police said officers responded to a call about a shooting just before 11 p.m. She found a man in his 40s with a gunshot wound in the yard of a house in the 3600 blocks of East Hanna Avenue. Officers provided help before a fire team took the man to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. “He was a good person who smiled all of the time,” Caldwell’s mother told TMZ. “He tried to help everyone he could. He was the type of guy who would take his shirt off his back and give it to you.” Caldwell’s mother said her son was “ambushed” by a “couple of people” outside of his apartment who were trying to rob him.
- Being an American professional football player.
- For playing college football for the Florida Gators and thereafter he played professionally for the San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, and Washington Redskins of the NFL.
What was the birthplace of Reche Caldwell?
On 28th March 1979, Reche Caldwell was born. His birthplace was in Tampa, Florida, the USA. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was American-African. His race was black. He lastly celebrated his 41st birthday. He was born to his parents; Deborah Caldwell (mother) and his father. Details about his father is unknown. He also had a sibling; an older brother named Andre Caldwell. His brother, Andre is a former Florida Gators wide receiver and NFL wide receiver. As per his education, he attended Thomas Jefferson High School and after that, he went to attend Florida College. His Zodiac sign was Aries and his religion was Christian.
How was Reche Caldwell’s Football Career?
- Reche started playing basketball and baseball for Jefferson Dragons since his high school.
- He was a three-sport standout in high school football.
- He started at tailback as a freshman in football; as a sophomore, he converted to the quarterback-a position he had never played-and threw for 6,936 yards and 77 touchdowns as a three-year starter.
- He threw for 2,338 yards, led the Dragons to the Class 5A state semifinal game, earned high school All-American honors from PrepStar, and was named the Florida Class 5A Player of the Year as a junior in 1996.
- He was a first-team all-state selection in 1996 and a second-team selection in 1997.
- He set the Jefferson Dragons’ career records for batting average (.379), doubles (25), triples (six), steals (67), and runs (76).
- The Cincinnati Reds selected him in the 1998 MLB draft, but he decided to play college football instead of four high school baseball season.
- He accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, where he was a three-year letterman for coach Steve Spurrier’s Gators teams from 1998 to 2001.
- He was a third-team All-American selection by The National Sports Bureau, an honorable mention All-American selection by the Football News, a semi-finalist for the Fred Biletnikoff Award (annually given to nation’s top receiver), and a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection as a junior in 2001.
- He finished his impressive junior season with sixty-five receptions for 1,059 yards (an average of 16.3 yards per catch) and ten touchdowns, becoming only the ninth receiver in Gators history to gain over 1,000 yards receiving in a single season.
- Regarding his professional career, he was selected in the second round (forty-eighth choice overall) in the 2002 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and he played for the Chargers for four seasons from 2002 to 2005.
- He had twenty-two catches for 208 yards and three touchdowns and returned nine kickoffs for a 24.4-yard average in his rookie season.
- In the year 2003, he played in nine games with four starts for the Chargers; he caught eight passes for eighty yards and rushed for thirty-nine yards on five carries.
- His 2004 season began with three touchdown receptions in the Chargers’ first five games.
- In a game against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 6, Caldwell suffered a knee injury, tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), and was lost for the season. He returned to play a full season in 2005.
New England Patriots
- He subsequently signed with the New England Patriots prior to the 2006 season where he went on to total over 60 catches and 700 yards on the season.
- He had seven receptions for 80 yards, including a four-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Tom Brady in the fourth quarter against the Chargers.
- A week later in the AFC Championship Game, he dropped two passes during the Patriots’ 38–34 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Caldwell was released by the Patriots four days before the first game of the 2007 season.
- He signed a one-year contract with the Washington Redskins in September 2007.
- He appeared in eight games for the Redskins with fifteen receptions for 141 yards during his 2007 season.
St. Louis Rams
- He signed a one-year contract with the St. Louis Rams on 25th March 2008.
- In his six-season NFL career, he appeared in seventy-one games, starting in twenty-nine of them, while making 152 receptions for 1,851 yards and eleven touchdowns.
- He also tallied fourteen carries for 108 yards rushing.
Awards / Achievements of Reche Caldwell
- SEC Championship (2000)
- Second-team All-SEC (2001)
- Honorable mention All-American (2001)
Career NFL statistics of Reche Caldwell
- Receptions: 152
- Receiving yards: 1,851
- Receiving touchdowns: 11
Career history of Reche Caldwell
- San Diego Chargers (2002-2005)
- New England Patriots (2006)
- Washington Redskins (2007)
- St. Louis Rams (2008)
Who is Reche Caldwell’s Wife?
Regarding his personal life, Reche Caldwell was a married man. He was married to his beautiful wife, Sherron Caldwell. Information regarding their kids/children is unknown. The couple was living a happy life before Reche’s death. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
How much is Reche Caldwell’s Net Worth?
Reche Caldwell was an American professional football player. The net worth of this famous footballer was between $900K to $1 Million as of 2020. Whereas his salary is unknown at present. Before his death, he was enjoying his life a lot with his earnings. His source of earning was from a football career. He was living a cool lifestyle.
How tall was Reche Caldwell?
Reche Caldwell was a very handsome and cool person. He had got a tall height of 5 ft 9 in and his balanced weight consisted of 82 Kg. His other body measurements such as biceps size, chest size, waist size, and more are unknown at present. Prior to his death, he had got a healthy body with a charming smile.