Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur. The recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Primetime Emmy Award, she is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world as of 2019.
Actress and Producer
Facts of Reese Witherspoon
|Full Name:||Reese Witherspoon|
|Age:||47 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||March 22, 1976|
|Birth Place:||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Net Worth:||$200 million|
|Profession:||Actress and Producer|
|When did Reese Witherspoon get married ? (married date):||, 2011|
|Children:||Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, Deacon Reese Phillippe, Tennessee James Toth|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Dr. John Draper Witherspoon|
|Mother's Name:||Dr. Mary Elizabeth|
|Height / How tall :||1.56 m|
|Waist Size:||25 inch|
|Bra Size:||34 inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Reese Witherspoon|
It really bothers me when people don't use coasters. Particularly on my table.
I love to cook comfort food. I'll make fish and vegetables or meat and vegetables and potatoes or rice. The ritual of it is fun for me, and the creativity of it.
Well I always wanted to be Dolly Parton when I was a little girl. I was obsessed with her.
Reese Witherspoon is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur who is proudly known to be the most influential people in the world. Reese has done several movies including “Cruel Intentions”, “Legally Blonde”, “Sweet Home Alabama”. Reese received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and is among the highest-paid actresses in the world.
What is Reese Witherspoon Famous for?
- Reese Witherspoon is famous as the actress is known mainly for her role in the film, “Legally Blonde”.
- Founder of Draper James
Where did Reese Witherspoon grow up?
Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. Her birth name is Laura Jean Reese Witherspoon. Her nationality is American. Witherspoon belongs to White ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Witherspoon is the daughter of Dr. John Draper Witherspoon(father) and Dr. Mary Elizabeth(mother). Both of her parents are professionally educated and are brilliant in their field. However, they separated in 1996.
Witherspoon was raised as an Episcopalian in Nashville, Tennessee by her parents. Witherspoon attended Harding Academy and then graduated from Harpeth Hall School where she was a cheerleader. Later, Witherspoon attended Stanford University to major in English literature but she left her studies to pursue her acting career.
Witherspoon was always interested in modeling and acting as when she was just 7, she was selected as a model for a television advertisement. She ranked first in the Ten-State Talent Fair at age of 11.
Besides, Witherspoon always loved reading books and used to receive high grades in school. She was nicknamed as “Little Type A” and “multi-achiever”.
When Did Witherspoon Start Her Professional Career? How Far Has She Gone?
- Witherspoon started her career in acting when she was a teenager in 1991 through her debut film, “The Man in the Moon”.
- Witherspoon was then cast in the TV-only films like “Wildflower”(1991) and “Desperate Choices: To Save My Child”(1992).
- Witherspoon after then appeared in movies like “Return to Lonesome Drive” and “A Far off Place”
- Her breakthrough performance was when she was cast in the films, “Fear” and “Freeway”.
- In 1998, Witherspoon was cast in three films together: “Pleasantville”, “Twilight” and “Overnight Delivery”.
- Later in 2001, Witherspoon starred in “Legally Blonde” which turned to be her biggest hit that garnered worldwide recognition.
- Witherspoon then appeared in the movies: “The Importance of Being Earnest”, “Sweet Home Alabama” and “Legally Blonde 2: Red White and Blonde”.
- Witherspoon was then cast in the film, “Vanity Fair”(2004), “Walk the Line”(2005).
- For “Walk the Line”, she received the biggest awards including, “Academy Award”, “BAFTA”, “Screen Guild Award” and “Golden Globe”.
- Following her success, she then appeared in other hit movies, “Four Christmases”, “How Do You Know”, “This Means War”, “Water for Elephants” and “Mud”.
- After then she starred in the film, “The Good Lie”, “Wild” and “Hot Pursuit”.
- In 2017, Witherspoon produced and starred in the HBO drama series, “Big Little Lies” for which she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Limited Series.
- Witherspoon produced and starred in “Home Again”, “A Wrinkle in Time” and also hosted “Saturday Night Live” on September 29, 2001..
- Witherspoon was ranked No. 5 in “Teen People” magazine’s list of most powerful young Hollywood actors.
- In 2010, Witherspoon received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Witherspoon is producing and starring in the series, “The Morning Show” in 2019.
- Besides, Witherspoon is all set to act and produce in “Little Fires Everywhere”, “Truth Be Told” and the documentary “A White Lie”.
Is Reese Witherspoon Married? How About Her Personal Life?
The beautiful actress, Reese Witherspoon is married twice. Previously, Reese Witherspoon was married to an actor, Ryan Philippe. The couple met in 1997 on the 21st birthday of Witherspoon.
Later, they tied a knot in 1999 and even have two children together: a son, , and a daughter, . However, their relation couldn’t last long and they got divorced in 2007.
During her divorce with Phillippe, she was reported to be dating the actor Jake Glynehall for two years from 2005 till 2007.
In 2010, Witherspoon started dating Jim Toth, a talent agent. The couple got married on March 26, 2011, in Ojai, California at Whiterspoon’s country estate. The couple together has a son named Tennessee.
Back in 2013, Witherspoon got arrested and was charged with disorderly conduct after her husband, Toth was pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving.
Witherspoon is actively involved in children’s and women’s advocacy organizations. She also serves on the board of the Children’s Defense Fund(CDF). She is also serving as an honorary chair of the charitable “Avon Foundation” and was named Global Ambassador of Avon Products in 2007.
Is Reese Witherspoon A Millionaire?
The 43 years old, Reese Witherspoon has a well earned through her career as an actress. Considering all the hard works and time that Witherspoon has put on her career she has managed to amass a million dollars in her account. Witherspoon has an estimated net worth of $120 million.
Witherspoon also owns her production company “Hello Sunshine” and her own clothing company, “Draper James” through which she adds few dollars more to her fortune.
In 2007, Witherspoon established herself as the highest-paid actress in the American film industry as her salary was $15-$20 million per movie.
With all her million fortunes in her account, she has managed to live a luxurious and lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Reese Witherspoon?
The beautiful actress, Reese Witherspoon has a well maintained average body physique. Witherspoon stands tall with a height of 5ft. 2inch.(1.57m) while her body weighs around 50kg(110 pounds). Witherspoon has a body measurement of 34-25-35 inches with 2(US) as her dress size and 6.5(US) as her shoe size.
Talking about her looks, she has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.