Actress, Singer and Songwriter
Facts of Rosalia Bioggraphy
|Full Name:||Rosalia Bioggraphy|
|Age:||28 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||September 25, 1993|
|Profession:||Actress, Singer and Songwriter|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rosalia Bioggraphy|
Rosalia is a Spanish singer, songwriter, and actress from Barcelona, Spain. She is best known for her modern interpretation of flamenco music. She studied flamenco at the Catalonia College of Music under a prestigious instructor ‘Chiqui de La Linea’ who only accepts one student per year for the program. She received international attention after several collaborations with famous artists such as Billie Ellish, J Balvin, Pharrell Williams, James Blake. She has also appeared on a big screen with a small cameo role alongside Penélope Cruz in the Pedro Almodovar film “Dolor y Gloria” in 2019.
Rosalía is also a social media star. She has a huge fan base with more than 12 million followers on Instagram: @rosalia.vt and more than 6 million subscribers on her YouTube channel.
What is Rosalia famous for?
- Her modern interpretation of flamenco music.
Where is Rosalia from?
Rosalía was born on 25 September 1993 in Sant Esteve Sesrovires, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Her birth name is Rosalia Vila Tobella. She was born to father, Jose Manuel Vila, and mother, Maria Pilar Tobella Aguilera. She has a beautiful younger sister named Pilar or Pili Vila. Pilli is working with Rosalia and as her stylist. She holds Spanish nationality and her ethnicity is Hispanic. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She is of Catalan and Spanish descent from her mother’s side and Galician descent from her father’s side.
About her education, she attended a Local High School in Sant Esteve Sesrovires and completed her schooling. There After, she attended Catalonia College of Music and trained in flamenco for 8 years under the guidance of Chiqui de La Linea, a flamenco teacher who only accepted one student per year.
Rosalía’s Career Highlights
- Rosalia was interested in music from her early childhood and started singing different songs at the age of seven.
- Rosalia competed on the television show “Tú sí que vales” when she was 15 years old but the judges weren’t impressed. So, she wasn’t selected there.
- In 2013, Rosalia had participated in the Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) Conference in New York, and she was the lead voice in the culmination of the Año Espriu 2014 at the Palau de la Música.
- In 2015, she collaborated with La Fura dels Baus on a show premiered in Singapore.
- In the coming years, she has collaborated with famous stars such as James Blake, J Balvin, Billie Ellish, and Pharrell Williams.
- In 2015, she also worked with clothing brand Desigual and sang the single for their 2015 campaign jingle “Last Night Was Eternal”. In the same year, she released “Un Millón de Veces”.
- In 2016, she collaborated with Spanish rapper and former boyfriend C. Tangana on “Antes de Morirme”. The song was a sleeper hit and entered the Spanish Singles Chart in 2018, after the success of Rosalía’s other work.
- On 14 May 2016, she performed at the Tablao del Carmen, a flamenco specialized venue at the Poble Espanyol, in Barcelona.
- Her first studio album, “Los Angeles” was released on 10 February 2017 by Universal Music. Her first single “Catalina” released in October 2016 and “De Plata” released in August 2017.
- On 2 November 2018, her second studio album, “El Mal Querer” was released through Sony Music Entertainment.
- In May 2019, she made her big-screen debut with a small cameo role alongside Penélope Cruz in the Pedro Almodóvar film “Dolor y Gloria”.
- On 28 March 2019, she released her second collaboration with J Balvin, “Con Altura” and the song is certified Gold in Italy, 3x Platinum in Mexico, 4x Platinum in Spain, and Gold in the United States.
- On 3 July 2019, she released the single “Fucking Money Man” which includes two money-themed tracks: “Milionària” and “Dios Nos Libre del Dinero”.
- On 15 August 2019, she released her collaboration with Ozuna “Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi”.
- On 7 November 2019, she released the song “A Palé” collaborating with James Blake.
- In December 2019, she featured on Travis Scott’s remix “Highest in the Room” alongside Lil Baby.
- On 26 January 2020, she performed at the 62nd Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, making her the first Spanish female artist to ever perform at the gala.
- On, August 7, 2020, Rosalia has appeared in Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s ‘WAP’ Video along with Kylie Jenner, Normani, Mulatto, Rubi Rose, and Sukihana.
- In 2017, Her first studio album “Los Angeles” won the “Album of the Year” award at the Time Out Awards.
- In 2017, She was nominated for “Best New Artist” at the 18th Latin Grammy Awards.
- In 2018, she won two Latin Grammy Awards one for Best Alternative Song and another one for Best Urban Fusion/Performance for the song “Malamente”.
- In 2019, Her second studio album “El Mal Querer” has been nominated for four Latin Grammys and won two Latin Grammys one for “Album of the Year” and another one for “Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album”. It has been also nominated for the “Latin Billboard Music award”, a “Latin American Music Award” and a “LOS40 Music award”.
- Her collaboration with J Balvin, “Con Altura” song won two MTV Video Music Awards for Best Latin Video and Best Choreography. It has also won Best Urban Song category Latin Grammy Awards in 2019.
- In 2019, she has nominated for Teen Choice Awards on the category of Choice Breakout Artist and Choice Latin Song for the song “Con Altura”.
- In 2020, She won the Grammy Award for Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album for “El Mal Querer”.
Rosalia is not married. She is living as a single. However, she got romantically linked with rapper C. Tangana. They dated for around 2 years from 2016 to 2018 and also collaborated professionally. However, they separated in 2018.
Rosalia is a gorgeous lady with a slim body build. She has a tall height of 1.65 m (5 feet and 4 inches) and she weighs around 58 kg (128 lbs.). She has thick lips. Her eye color is Dark Brown and her hair color is also Dark Brown but sometimes she dyes them in Golden color. She wears a shoe size of 7 (US). Her sexual orientation is straight.
Rosalia’s Net Worth
Rosalia has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer and songwriter. She has also appeared in the movie “Dolor Y Gloria” in May 2019. After releasing a couple of hit music albums and collaborating with other famous music artists, she has generated a net worth totaled $5 Million.