Rudy Gay is an American professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Net Ball Player
Facts of Rudy Gay
|Full Name:||Rudy Gay|
|Age:||36 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||August 17, 1986|
|Birth Place:||Brooklyn, New York|
|Net Worth:||$20 M|
|Profession:||Net Ball Player|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Rudy Gay Sr.|
|Mother's Name:||Rae Gay|
|Education:||University of Connecticut|
|Height / How tall :||6.8 inches|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rudy Gay|
An American professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA) is named as Rudy Gay. He is a very talented player. He played college basketball for the University of Connecticut as a forward before being drafted eighth overall in the 2006 NBA draft by the Houston Rockets; he was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies days later.
Gossips and Rumors
Despite Spurs’ Inconsistent Start, Rudy Gay Is Playing More Efficient Than Ever. Rudy Gay’s first season with the San Antonio Spurs was troublesome. Playing just 57 games, he battled recurring heel problem after a nine-month layoff from a torn Achilles. Gay’s final line was 11.5 points on 47.1 percent shooting in 21.6 minutes. Hardly pedestrian and, as expected, not groundbreaking numbers from someone above 30-years-old and still working into game shape. Rudy Gay, one of three with 14,000 points, 4000 rebounds, and 1000 steals.
- Being the best forwarder.
Early Life of Rudy
Rudy was born on 17th August 1986 in Brooklyn, New York with the birth name of Rudy Carlton Gay Jr. His ethnicity is African-American. His nationality is American. Talking about his siblings, he has three sisters and a brother namely Brett Gay, Yozmin Gay, Candace Gay, and Eric Gay. He was born to Rudy Gay Sr. and Rae Gay, his parents. At the small of 12, he began playing basketball.
Regarding his education, he attended Eastern Technical High School in Essex, Maryland and later transferred to Archbishop Spalding in Severn, Maryland. After graduation from high school, he chose to attend the University of Connecticut at the University of Maryland.
Body Features of Rudy
Rudy has an athletic body shape. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 6 feet 8 inches. He has dark brown eyes and black hair. His body weighs 104.3kg. His other body measurement will be updated very soon such as arms size, shoe size and more. He has a very attractive personality.
Career of Rudy
- At the age of 12, he started his career in basketball playing in his hometown of Baltimore, Maryland.
- At the age of 14, he played under coach Anthony Lewis.
- He played his first two years of high school basketball at Baltimore County’s Eastern Technical High School, a magnet school in Essex.
- He began playing basketball for Spalding as a junior in 2002-2003, earning first team All-Baltimore Catholic League honors as a junior and senior and was also honored as the Baltimore Sun’s co-player of the year as a senior.
- He was listed as the No. 2 small forward and the No. 5 player in the nation in the year 2004.
- He went as a freshman at Connecticut in 2004-2005, he was a co-winner (with Jeff Green of Georgetown) of the Big East Conference Rookie of the Year award after averaging 11.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists on .462 shooting in 28.8 minutes in 31 games.
- He was also named National Freshman of the Year by The Sporting News and earned Big East Rookie of the Week honors five times.
- In the year 2005, he averaged 10.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game over the tournament.
- He was declared for the 2006 NBA draft in the year 2006 of 24th April.
- He was selected with the eighth overall pick in the 2006 NBA draft by the Houston Rockets and he averaged 10.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 27.0 minutes in 78 games (43 starts) as a rookie.
- In his 2007-2008 season, he set a Grizzlies’ franchise record for points in a single season (1,632) and established a career high for scoring average (20.1 points), becoming just the third player in franchise history to average 20 points per game.
- He then participated in the 2008 Rising Stars Slam Dunk Contest and finished runner-up to Hedo Turkoglu for the 2007-2008 and there he performed a one-handed reverse clutch dunk in the first round, and during the second round, teammate Kyle Lowry alley-looped the ball off the bar and from behind the backboard.
- In his 2008-2009 season, he recorded 18.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.24 steals and 37.3 minutes in 79 games (78 starts).
- He scored a career-high 41 points against the Miami Heat on 13th December 2009.
- In his 2009-2010 season, he ranked second on the team in scoring (19.6 points) in 39.7 minutes in 80 games (all starts).
- He re-signed with the Memphis Grizzlies to a five-year, $82 million contract on 8th July 2010.
- He recorded career highs for assists (2.8), steals (1.69), blocks (1.07), field goal percentage (.471), three-point field goal percentage (.396), free throw percentage (.805) and minutes (39.9) in his 2010-2011 season.
- The Grizzlies traded Gay to the Toronto Raptors in a three-team deal on 30th January 2013.
- He was inducted into the “Huskies of Honor” in the year 2012.
- He averaged 19.5 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.73 steals and 34.7 minutes in 33 games (32 starts) with Toronto in his 2013 season.
- The Raptors traded him to the Sacramento Kings on 9th December 2013 and he tied his career high of 41 points in the Kings’ 114-97 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on January 22, 2014.
- He exercised his $19.3 million contract option with the Kings for the 2014-2015 season on 22nd June 2014.
- He then signed a three-year, $40 million contract extension with the Kings on 19th November 2014.
- He scored a season-high 36 points in a 129-118 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on 25th November 2015.
- He sustained a full rupture of his left Achilles tendon in the Kings’ 106-100 loss to the Indiana Pacers and subsequently missed the remainder of the season on 18th January 2017.
- He signed with the San Antonio Spurs on 6th July 2017 and later on 28th December 2017, he suffered a right heel injury and was subsequently ruled out for at least two weeks.
- He re-signed with the Spurs on 11th July 2018.
Net Worth of Rudy
Rudy has got a very impressive net worth of $20 Million as of 2018. He is making a good amount of money from his career and his exact salary from his current club is $13 Million which is a very satisfiable amount and also he is satisfied with his salary as well as net worth. He is a very successful person in his personal life as well as in his professional life.
Affairs of Rudy
Rudy Gay is a married person. He was married to Ecko Wray, his wife. The couple married on 3rd August 2013. They are living a happy life together and also the couple is planning to have a baby soon. They are enjoying their life a lot and there is no any sign of separation between them. He is very dedicated to his wife and his wife also supports him a lot in his career and all.