Ryan Gosling is a Canadian musician and actor, best known for his roles in The Notebook, Crazy, Stupid, Love’ and Half Nelson.
Facts of Ryan Gosling
|Full Name:||Ryan Gosling|
|Age:||42 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||November 12, 1980|
|Birth Place:||Ontario, Canada|
|Children:||Two (Esmeralda Amada Gosling, Amada Lee Gosling)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Thomas Ray Gosling|
|Mother's Name:||Donna Gosling|
|Education:||Lester B. Pearson High School|
|Height / How tall :||6 ft|
|Ethnicity:||Mixed (French-Canadian, English, Scottish, German)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ryan Gosling|
Ryan Gosling is a Canadian musician and actor, best known for his roles in The Notebook, Crazy, Stupid, Love’ and Half Nelson. He began his career in television before making it big in movies. He is also working for several social causes including AIDS research, animal care, and poverty relief.
What is Ryan Gosling known for?
- His roles as Noah Calhoun in the 2004 hit movie The Notebook and as Dan Dunne in the film Half Nelson (2006).
- His roles in the movies Lars and the Real Girl (2007), Blue Valentine (2010), and The Big Short (2015).
Where is the birthplace of Ryan Gosling?
Back in his early life, Ryan was born in London, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Ryan Thomas Gosling. He is the son of Thomas Ray Gosling and Donna Gosling. His father is a traveling salesman for a paper mill, and his mother is a secretary who qualified as a high school teacher in 2011. He has an older sister named Mandi Gosling. His parents divorced when he was 13 years old. After that, he and his older sister Mandi lived with their mother. His nationality is Canadian and he is of the mixed ethnicity of French-Canadian, English, Scottish, and German.
Regarding his education, Gosling was educated at Gladstone Public School. After that, he attended Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School. After that, he enrolled at Lester B. Pearson High School. As a child, he grew up watching the 1945 American film Dick Tracy and was inspired to become an actor. He hated school and was bullied in elementary school. While he was in high school, he was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). He began taking acting classes and dance classes since he was a child. He dropped out of high school at the age of 17 to focus on his acting career.
When is Ryan Gosling pursue his acting career?
- Gosling got his start in show business as a child actor at the age of 12. He began acting in 1993, as part of “The Mickey Mouse Club.” After the show was canceled in 1995, he appeared on a number of television shows, such as “Are You Afraid of the Dark?,” “Goosebumps” and “Breaker High.”
- At the age of nineteen, Gosling decided to move into serious acting. Gosling came to the attention of a wider audience in 2004 with a leading role in the commercially successful romantic drama The Notebook (2004). For his role in the film, he won the “MTV Movie Awards for Best Kiss” in 2004. He also won the ShoWest Awards in the category of Male Star of Tomorrow. The movie was so successful that it became popular worldwide and began getting bigger roles in movies.
- Ryan’s role in The Notebook also earned him six Teen Choice Awards in 2004. After that, his performance as a drug-addicted teacher Dan Dunne in Half Nelson (2006) earned him a nomination for an Academy Award. The following year, his role in Lars and the Real Girl (2007) was nominated for a Golden Globe Award. He has appeared in a number of movies and TV films.
- He then had major roles in the movies Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), The Nice Guys (2016), and La La Land (2016). For his role in La La Land, he won a Golden Globe Award and received a second Oscar nomination. In 2018, Gosling portrayed Neil Armstrong, the astronaut who became the first man to walk on the Moon in 1969, in Chazelle’s biopic First Man, based on the book First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong. Writing for IndieWire, Michael Nordine commended him for bringing “quiet charisma” and “grace” to his role, while Nicholas Barber of the BBC hailed him as the “best deadpan actor in the business”
- Besides acting, Ryan is also a musician. His band, Dead Man’s Bones released their self-titled debut album and toured North America in 2009. He plays guitar, keyboard, bass guitar, and sings vocals for the band. Ryan is a co-owner of Tagine, a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills, California. Gosling is a supporter of PETA, Invisible Children, and the Enough Project.
Is Ryan Gosling married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Ryan Gosling is an unmarried actor till now. He has been in a number of relationships in his life. During his early career days, he dated Casey LaBow, a film producer. After that, he was in a relationship with famous American actress Sandra Bullock from 2001 to 2002. He dated Rachel McAdams from 2004 to 2008. After that, he began a relationship with actress Eva Mendes in 2011.
On September 12, 2014, they had a daughter together named Esmeralda. In April of 2016, they welcomed their second daughter, Amada Lee. The couple got engaged in October 2016. They have been together for over eight years now and their relationship is going very well.
What is Ryan Gosling’s net worth?
Gosling is living a lavish life. Ryan is also one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood. As per the online sources, his estimated net worth is $60 million at present. However, his present salary is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
For your kind information, His films have made over $1 billion at the Box Office. In 2016, he earned $7 million in salaries from The Nice Guys. In 2018, he earned $6.5 million from the First Man.
How tall is Ryan Gosling?
Observing his body statistics, Ryan stands a height of 6 feet tall and he weighs 78 kg. His body measure chest is 46 inches, waist 34 inches, and biceps 16 inches. His has eye color is blue and his hair color is blonde. His shoe size 11(US).