Facts of Sam Heughan
|Full Name:||Sam Heughan|
|Age:||42 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||April 30, 1980|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Sam Heughan|
Sam Heughan is one of the leading stars in the Scottish entertainment scene. He is a stage and screen actor who is famous for his remarkable role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series, Outlander from 2014 to till dates. He has received four nominations for the Saturn Awards and a nomination for the Critics Choice Award for Best On-Screen character in the drama series, Outlander. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Sam Heughan famous for?
- A Scottish actor.
- His acclaimed role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander.
Where is Sam Heughan from?
Recalling his early life, Sam was born in Balmaclellan, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, the UK in the year 1980. His mother is Chrissie Heughan but his father’s name is yet to be disclosed. Also, he has a brother named Cirdan Heughan. Similarly, He is Scottish by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Taurus.
Where is Sam Heughan educated?
Concerning her education, Sam attended Kells Primary School. Later, he went to the Edinburgh Rudolph Steiner School. Then, he enrolled at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow and graduated in 2003.
When did Sam Heughan begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Sam made his acting debut in a short film Small Moments in 2001. He has also been featured in many other movies like Young Alexander the Great (2010), Emulsion (2013), Heart of Lightness (2014), The Adventure Show (2018), etc.
- Besides his film career, he has shown his presence on the Television screen. His debut television series was Island at War of 2004. In 2005 he was featured in River City, as Andrew Murray. He made his powerful presence in Midsomer Murders (2007), Doctors (2009).
- He was presented in the lead role in drama series, Outlander in 2013. The series was based on the historical time travel. He was cast alongside Catriona Balfe, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish, Lotte Verbeek, Duncan Lacroix, and Nell Hudson.
- He is highly appreciated for his work in Outlander and for the outstanding performance he has been nominated for several awards, including three Saturn Awards, Two People’s Choice Awards, Critics’ Choice Television Awards, Gold Derby TV Awards, and Two The Anglophile Channel Awards.
- He has also been featured in many TV films such as A Very British Sex Scandal (2007), Breaking the Mould: The Story of Penicillin (2009), A Princess for Christmas (2011), The Adventure Show (2018) and Outlander (2014-Present).
- In 2018, He co-starred as MI-6 agent Sebastian in Lionsgate’s comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me, opposite Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, which he filmed during an Outlander hiatus.
- That same year, in his first voice acting project, Heughan appeared in the Warner Bros.’ Interactive Entertainment video game Lego DC Super-Villains as the Mirror Master.
- His upcoming film projects are Bloodshot, SAS: Red Notice, and An Unquiet Life which is in the post-production phase and scheduled to be released in 2020.
Who is Sam Heughan dating?
Reflecting on his personal life, Sam probably single as of now. Previously, he was in numerous relationships. He dated an American actress Cody Kennedy in 2014. Also, he was dated to American actress Mackenzie Mauzy in 2016-17. After that, he’s been linked to Twin Peaks: The Return actress Amy Shiels, but it seems as though they’re currently just friends.
How much is Sam Heughan’s worth?
Being an actor, Sam earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $5 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
Also, he ran both the Stirling and EMF Edinburgh Marathons to raised money for Cahonas Cotland and Awareness Programme and Testicular Cancer Education.
How tall is Sam Heughan?
Observing his body statistics, Sam stands a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 89 Kg. Similarly, he has blue eyes and blonde hair color. Further, his body measures around 46-33-16 inches including his chest, waist and biceps sizes respectively and he used 12 (UK) shoe size.