Facts of Saweetie
|Age:||29 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||July 02, 1993|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Saweetie|
Saweetie is an American rapper, songwriter, actress, and designer who made her massive debut in the music industry with the release of a debut single titled “Icy Grl”. Her career initially rose to the top after one of her videos uploaded on social media sites went viral that showed her rapping on the beats of Khia’s classic, “My Neck, My Back(Lick it)”.
Following the success of the video, she got signed to Warner Records and released a freestyle rap album, “High Maintenance” on March 16, 2018. She is quite popular for her relationship with popular rapper, Quavo. Besides, she is quite active in social media sites with over 6.4 million followers on her Instagram: @saweetie.
What is Saweetie Famous for?
- Famous for her debut song, “Icy Gurl”.
- Known for his relationship with Quavo.
Saweetie was born on July 2, 1993, in Santa Clara, California, United States. Her birth name is Diamonté Harper. Her nationality is American. Saweetie belongs to African-American ethnicity while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Saweetie was born to a Filipino-Chinese mother and an African-American father. She is the eldest child of her parents and she grew up along with her younger twin sisters, Maya and Milan. Her grandfather, Willie Harper, played football for the San Francisco 49ers.
She grew up in the Sacramento Area, where she attended Merrill F. West High School and then got graduated from Monterey Trail High School. Later, she attended the University of South California where she got graduated earning a degree in communications and business.
She had an interest in music since her childhood and her interest grew even more when she began writing poems and performing at open mics. By the time she was 13, she already had started to write music.
After graduating, she began to focus on her rap career and was influenced by popular female rappers such as Nicki Minaj, Trina, Lil’ Kim, and Foxy Brown.
Saweetie’s Career Highlights
- Saweetie started her career uploading short raps on her Instagram account: @saweetie in 2016.
- One of her videos showing her rapping on the beats of Khia’s classic, “My Neck, My Back(Lick it)” went viral after which she rose to popularity. The same song later got released as”Icy Grl” on her SoundCloud in the summer of 2017.
- Soon after the release, a well-known producer and A&R executive, Max Gousse became her manager.
- In October 2017, she released a video for her song, “Focus”.
- In January 2018, she was named Tidal’s Artist of the Week and one of Pigeons & Planes’ Best New Artists of the Month.
- She was also featured in an ad for Rihanna’s cosmetic company, “Fenty Beauty”.
- In February 2018, she was signed to Warner Records and her manager Max Gousse’s record label Artistry Worldwide.
- On March 16, 2018, Saweetie released her debut extended play, “High Maintenance” including 9 tracks such as “Intro, “B.A.N”, “Good Good”, “Icy Grl”, “High Maintainance”, “23”, “Respect”, and “Too Many”. The album was later certified platinum in September 2019.
- On March 29, 2019, she released her second major-label EP, “Icy”. Its first single, “My Type”, was written by Saweetie that also debuted on Billboard Hot 100.
- Saweetie later collaborated with “PrettyLittleThing” to launch a 59-piece clothing collection, “PrettyLittleThing x Saweetie”, in September 2019.
- On January 28, 2020, she appeared as a guest performer on the show, “Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out”.
Saweetie Boyfriend Quavo
Saweetie is currently in a relationship with popular rapper, Quavo. Quavious Keyate Marshall, known professionally as Quavo, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer with whom she began dating since mid-2018.
It all started when Quavo first slid into Saweetie’s DMs on Instagram in 2018. They went on to their first date in Atlanta which they recall as an awkward date. They celebrated their 2nd anniversary reflecting on their relationship and talking about their first meet in an interview. On July 17, 2020, Saweetie and Quavo both shared their beautiful photos on their Instagram reminiscing their 2 year-long relationships.
Previously, she was in a relationship with J Cole but it lasted for a short time.
Saweetie’s Net Worth
Saweetie has quite great earnings from her professional career as a rapper. Having started her professional career since 2016, Popescu has managed to earn quite a great earnings from her songs. Her net worth is estimated to be around $1 million.
Saweetie is a beautiful lady in her late 20s. With her rap and stunning body physique, she has managed to win several hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.7 m) while her body weighs around 64kg.
She has a fit body physique which measures around 35-24-35 inches with 8(US) as her shoe size and 8(US) as her dress size. She has brown complexion with dark brown eyes and brown hair.