Scarlett Johansson is an American actress and singer.
Facts of Scarlett Johansson
|Full Name:||Scarlett Johansson|
|Age:||39 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||November 22, 1984|
|Birth Place:||New York City, USA|
|When did Scarlett Johansson get married ? (married date):||October, 2020|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Karsten Johansson|
|Mother's Name:||Melanie Sloan|
|Education:||New York University's Tisch School|
|Height / How tall :||5.3 inch|
|Ethnicity:||Ashkenazi Jewish (from Poland, Belarus and Russia) Swedish, Danish|
|Waist Size:||26 inch|
|Bra Size:||26 inch|
|Hip Size:||36 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Scarlett Johansson|
Scarlett Johansson is an American actress and singer. Her birth name is Scarlett Ingrid Johansson. She is the world’s highest-paid actress. She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She made her acting debut as a child actress in an Off-Broadway play.
She made her film debut in the fantasy comedy North in 1994. Her major films are Manny & Lo, The Horse Whisperer, Ghost World, Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, A Love Song for Bobby Long, March Point, The Prestige, Vicky-Cristina Barcelona, Lucy, and Under the Skin. She has received numerous accolades for her work in Hollywood.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Scarlett Johansson was born on November 22, 1984, in Los Angeles, California. Scarlett Ingrid Johansson is her given name. Olaf Johansson is her father, and Melanie Sloan is her mother. Her birthplace is in the United States, in the Manhattan Borough of New York City. She celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah because she is half-Jewish. She is a dual citizen of the United States and Denmark. Sagittarius is her zodiac sign. On her father’s side, she is of Danish and Swedish ancestry, while on her mother’s side, she is of Polish and Russian ancestry. Vanessa, her older sister, an older brother, Adrian, and a twin brother, Hunter, are her four siblings. Christian, an older half-brother from her father’s first marriage, is her other half-sibling. When she was 13 years old, her parents divorced.
PS 41 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, was her elementary school. She’d always wanted to work in the spotlight since she was a kid. Musical theater and jazz hands were two of her passions. She enrolled in tap dance lessons. She used to act in front of the mirror when she was a child. When a talent agent signed one of her brothers instead of her, she was disappointed.
She enrolled in the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in New York City. She began auditioning for advertisements as well. She soon turned her attention to film and theater. She made her Broadway debut in the Off-Broadway production Sophistry.
She went to the Skilled Children’s School to study (PCS). In 2002, she graduated from PCS and applied to the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. She was turned down.
Quick Facts About Scarlett Johansson
|Full Name||Scarlett Ingrid Johansson|
|Net Worth||$165 Million|
|Date of Birth||22 November 1984|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Birth Place||New York City, United States|
|Currently, Live In||Long Island, New York|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Debut||Film: Just Cause (1995)|
|Years Active||1994 – Present|
|Famous Role||Natasha Romanoff in Film Black Widow (2021)|
|Nationality||American and Danish|
|Hometown||New York City|
|School/High School||Professional Children’s School, New York, United States|
|College/University||Tisch School Of The Arts, New York, United States|
Scarlett Johansson – Career, Net worth – 2023
Scarlett Johansson was the highest-grossing actress in 2016. She is also the highest-grossing actress of all time in North America in nominal dollar terms. Her films have made $4.3 billion worldwide. She appeared on Forbes’ Celebrity 100 in 2006, 2015, 2-15, and 2016. She was the highest-paid actress earning $17 million in 2014, $35.5 million in 2015, and $25 million in 2016. She earned $40.5 million in 2018 once again becoming the world’s highest-paid actress. She was the highest-grossing actor in 2016 with a total of $1.2 billion.
Besides films, she has appeared in advertisements for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, L’Oreal, and Louis Vuitton. She has also represented the Spanish brand, Mango since 2009. She was the first Hollywood celebrity to represent a champagne producer, appearing in advertisements for Moet & Chandon. She became the global brand ambassador for the Israeli company SodaStream in January 2014. She has also appeared in a Super Bowl XLVIII commercial in February 2014.
Working in the entertainment industry is her major source of income. She earns from her acting career, working in commercials, and musical career, among others. As of 2019, her net worth is estimated at $140 million.
- In 1994, she made her film debut at the age of nine. In the fantasy comedy film North, she played the daughter of John Ritter.
- In the 1996 film Manny & Lo, she plays Amanda, the younger sister of a pregnant teenager who runs away from her foster home.
- The Horse Whisperer, Ghost Land, Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, A Love Song for Bobby Long, March Point, The Prestige, Vicky-Cristina Barcelona, Lucy, and Under the Skin are a few of her notable films.
- In the 2003 films Lost in Translation and Girl with a Pearl Earring, she transitioned from teen to adult roles.
- Her roles in Lost in Translation and Girl with a Pearl Earring cemented her status as one of her generation’s most versatile actresses.
- She had her tonsils removed in 2005.
- In 2005, she sustained a head injury while filming The Island. She was tired from shooting 14 hours a day while playing two characters.
- In 2010, she debuted as Black Widow in Jon Favreau’s Iron Man 2. To prepare for the part, she did stunt and strength training and dyed her hair red.
- For her role as Black Widow in The Avenger 2012, she learned some Russian over the phone from a former teacher.
- For the 2013 science fiction film Under the Skin, she learned to drive a van and speak with an English accent. It took nine years to complete the film.
- In 2014, she played Black Widow again in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- In 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and 2016’s Captain America: Civil War, she reprised her role as Black Widow.
- She was expecting her first child while filming Avengers: Age of Ultron. To disguise her pregnancy, they used a blend of close-ups, concealing makeup, stunt doubles, and special effects.
- In 2018, she returned to the role of Black Widow in Avengers: Infinity War.
- In Avengers: End Game, she will reprise her role as Black Widow.
She made her Broadway debut in a revival of Arthur Miller’s drama, A View from the Bridge in 2010.
- She was one of the Hollywood actors who sang for a non-profit collection of songs in 2006. She sang “Summertime”.
- She performed with the Jesus and Mary Chain for a Coachella reunion show in Indio, California in April 2007.
- She appeared as the leading lady in Justin Timberlake’s music video for “What Goes Around..Comes Around”.
- She has released two albums, Anywhere I Lay My Head in 2008 and Break Up released in 2009. Both of her albums charted on the Billboard 200.
- She and singer-songwriter Pete Yorn released a collaborative album, Break Up in September 2009.
- She sang “Bullet” for Steel Train’s Terrible Thrills Vol. 1.
- She sang “One Whole Hour” for the 2011 soundtrack of the documentary film Wretches & Jabbers.
- She sang on a J. Ralph track “Before My Time” for the end credits of the climate documentary Chasing Ice in 2012.
- She formed a band, the Singles in February 2015 with Este Haim from HAIM, Holly Miranda, Kendra Morris, and Julia Haltigan. The group released their first single “Candy”.
- The Los Angeles-based rock band, the Singles issued a cease and desist order to stop using their name.
- She performed “Trust in Me” for The Jungle Book soundtrack and “Set It All Free” and “I Don’t Wanna” for Sing: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
- She collaborated with Pete York for an EP, Apart.
She has supported various charitable organizations. She is involved with “Aid Still Required, Cancer Research UK, Stand Up To Cancer, Too Many Women” and “USA Harvest”.
She became the global ambassador for the aid and development agency Oxfam in 2005.
She took part in the anti-poverty campaign ONE in 2007.
A UK-based bidder paid 20,000 pounds on an eBay auction to benefit Oxfam in March 2008, winning a hair and makeup treatment, a pair of tickets, and a chauffeured trip to accompany her on a 20-minute date to the world premiere of He’s Just Not That Into You.
She resigned from Oxfam’s position in January 2014 after criticism of her promotion to SodaStream.
She and her Avengers costars raised $500,000 for the victims of Hurricane Maria.
She collaborated with 300 women in Hollywood to set up the Time’s Up initiative to protect women from harassment and discrimination in 2018.
She took part in the Women’s March in Los Angeles in January 2018.
Body Measurements – Height, Weight
Scarlett Johansson stands at a height of 1.6 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of 125 lbs i.e. 57 kg. She has a slim body build. her body measurements are 36-26-36 inches. She wears a bra of size 32D. She has green eyes and brunette hair. She often dyes her hair blonde. She wears a dress in size 8 (US) and shoes in size 9.5 (US).
Relationship Status of Scarlett Johansson
Scarlett Johansson was married twice. She first married Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. They started dating in 2007 and got engaged in May 2008. They tied the knot to each other in 2008. The couple separated in December 2010 and their divorce was finalized in July 2011.
She then married Frenchman Romain Dauriac. He is the owner of an advertising agency. The couple started dating in November 2012 and got engaged in September 2013. Scarlett gave birth to their daughter, Rose Dorothy Dauriac in 2014. They got married in October same year in Philipsburg, Montana. The couple separated in mid-2016 and their divorce was finalized in September 2017.
She is currently dating SNL co-head writer and “Weekend Update” co-host Colin Jost. Their relationship was confirmed in December 2017.
In past, she dated classmate Jack Antonoff from 2001 to 2002 while attending PCS. She also dated her Black Dahlia co-star, Josh Hartnett for about 2 years between 2004 and 2006.
Nude photographs of Johansson hacked from her hell cell phone were published online in September 2011. The hacker was arrested following an FBI investigation. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
She won a lawsuit against French publisher JC Lattes for defamatory statements about her relationships in the novel The First Thing We Look At by Gregoire Delacourt. She claimed $68,000 and was awarded $3,400.
FAQs of Scarlett Johansson
She fired her mother
- Her mother started working as her manager when she was only nine — 16 years later, Johansson fired her.
She got rejected by N.Y.U.
- She is talented enough to score some of the most prominent roles in Hollywood, but she didn’t make the cut when she applied to New York University in 2003.
She is a twin
- Johansson has a twin brother named Hunter.