Selma Blair is an American actress who gained fame for her leading role in the film Brown’s Requiem (1998).
Facts of Selma Blair
|Full Name:||Selma Blair|
|Age:||51 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||June 23, 1972|
|Birth Place:||Michigan, United States|
|Net Worth:||$14 M|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Elliot I. Beitner|
|Mother's Name:||Judge Molly Ann|
|Education:||New York University|
|Height / How tall :||5.4 inch|
|Waist Size:||23 inch|
|Bra Size:||33 inch|
|Hip Size:||33 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Selma Blair|
Selma Blair is an American actress who gained fame for her leading role in the film Brown’s Requiem (1998). She made her breakthrough when she starred as Zoe Bean on the WB sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane (1999-2000), and also as Cecile Caldwell in the cult film Cruel Intentions (1999).
What is Selma Blair famous for?
- Being a talented actress from the USA.
- Her role as Liz Sherman in the fantasy films “Hellboy” in 2004 and “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” in 2008.
Selma Blair opens up about MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Selma Blair is allowing everyone to hear her voice for the first time since announcing her multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis last October.
MS is a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord, according to the Mayo Clinic. On Tuesday, Blair appeared on Good Morning America in an “exacerbation” of MS – resulting in spasmodic dysphonia, a condition that alters her voice.
She suffers from an aggressive form of the condition, is doing well these days and even continues to work. She’s got a new Netflix show, Another Life, and hit the red carpet of the Vanity Fair Oscar party on Sunday night with the help of a cane. For years, She knew something wasn’t right but didn’t get the answers she needed until last summer.
“Ever since my son was born, I was in an MS flare-up and didn’t know, and I was giving it everything to seem normal,” she recalled. She struggles with movement, memory, dressing and is struggling with her vision after a bad reaction to high-dose glucocorticoid treatment.
Early Life of Selma Blair
Selma was born in Southfield, Michigan, United States. Her ethnicity is mixed (Scottish and English) and nationality is American. She was born to mother Judge Molly Ann and father Elliot I. Beitner as the youngest child. Her birth name is Selma Blair Beitner. She was raised in the city of Detroit where she was born. Selma was raised in a Jewish family and attended a Jewish school in her childhood.
She joined Kalamazoo College where she studied photography. She had acting interest from a young age, and she also acted in a play “The Little Theater of the Green Goose”. She was also keen on dancing from a young age. She attended New York University where she learned acting after she moved to New York. But she returned back to Michigan to complete her study where she graduated “magna cum laude” from The University of Michigan in 1994 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and a double major in Fine Arts and English.
Career and Achievements of Selma Blair
- Selma had to face a number of auditions and rejections before she finally landed a television commercial in 1993. She continued appearing in television commercials until bagging her first acting role in the television series, ‘The Adventures of Pete & Pete’ in 1995.
- The following year, she made her film debut by playing the role of Pretzel Cart in the movie, ‘The Broccoli Theory’. Selma went unnoticed in the film. She then bagged a decent role in the film, ‘In & Out’. However, many portions in which Selma had appeared were shown the door by the editor and the film released without much of Selma’s on-screen presence. She was also seen in My Friend Steve’s 1998 music video, ‘Charmed’.
- Selma tasted success in 1999 when she appeared along with stars like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillippe in the film, ‘Cruel Intentions’. She won the MTV Movie Award under the category Best Kiss which she shared with Gellar.
- Her next television appearance came in between 1999 to 2000 when she was seen in a couple of seasons of the series,‘Zoe, Duncan, Jack, and Jane’. In 2001, she was cast alongside actress Reese Witherspoon in the comedy film, ‘Legally Blonde’ from which she was fired during the pre-production schedule, but later rejoined the project.
- Later, Selma appeared in ‘Highway’, released in 2002. She also starred opposite Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate in the rom-com, ‘The Sweetest Thing’.She then did two independent films that garnered her critical acclaim. The films were Dana Lustig’s ‘Kill Me Later’ and Todd Solondz’s controversial flick, ‘Storytelling’.
- 2004 saw one of Selma’s most recognized roles – Liz Sherman in ‘Hellboy’. Its successful sequel ‘Hellboy II: The Golden Army’ released in 2008 and was based on a popular comic of the same name.
- 2008 was a busy year for Selma. She starred in an independent film by writer and director Lori Petty’s‘The Poker House’.She was cast opposite Oscar and Golden Globe nominee, Jennifer Lawrence. In the fall of 2008, Selma went to television and acted in one of the seasons of NBC’s ‘Kath & Kim’, starring opposite Molly Shannon.
- Her stage work includes the role of Kayleen in Rajiv Joseph’s play, ‘Gruesome Playground Injuries’, which had its world premiere at Houston’s Alley Theatre in October 2009.
- She appeared in the series, ‘Anger Management’ aired in 2012, in which she played the role of Dr. Kate Wales. The same year, Selma starred in the suspense thriller movie, ‘Columbus Circle’, starring alongside Jason Lee, Amy Smart, Giovanni Ribisi, and Kevin Pollak.
- On October 2, 2015, Blair was awarded “The Universal Smile Award” during THE SMILE GALA LA 2015 to benefit little kids with cleft lip and palate.
- Her other notable film credits include Storytelling (2001), A Guy Thing (2003), A Dirty Shame (2004), The Fog (2005), WΔZ (2007), Feast of Love (2007), The Poker House (2008), Dark Horse (2011), In Their Skin (2012), Ordinary World (2016), Mothers and Daughters (2016), Mom and Dad (2017), and After (2019).
- Of late, she worked for the television show, ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’in which she portrayed herself and a cyber girl.
What is Selma Blair’s net worth?
Till now, Blair has appeared in more than fifty movies and television series. She has amassed a fortunate income form her acting career. Her current net worth is estimated at $14 million and has an annual income in the neighborhood of $1.6 million. For her role in Anger Management, she earned the salary of $40,000 for each episode and her net worth is rumored to be in millions.
Who has Selma Blair dated?
Selma has been linked to having dated many men but has been married once in her life. On January 24, 2004. Blair was married to writer and producer Ahmet Zappa. But the couple wasn’t happy and were for sure facing turmoil in their relation. Due to which they filed for divorce and separated legally in December 2006.
She has also dated actor Mikey Day from 2008 to 2010. After him, she started dating fashion designer Jason Bleick and had a son together named Arthur Saint Bleick (born on July 25, 2011). Regardless having a child together they separated in September 2012.
For several years she was busy in her career and finally in 2017, she started dating producer Ron Carson. The couple was spotted together on a coffee date, lunch and in exotic vacations to one of the most romantic countries, France. Ron doesn’t find any problem with her son, Arthur, from her previous relationship. The trio is living a happy life.
Body Measurements of Selma Blair
She has a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 52 kg. She has black hair color and brown eye color. Her body measurements are 33-23-33 inches and her bra size is 32A. Her dress size is 2 (US) and shoe size 7 (US).