Sergio Garcia is a professional Spanish golfer.
Facts of Sergio Garcia
|Full Name:||Sergio Garcia|
|Age:||43 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 09, 1980|
|Birth Place:||Castellón, Spain|
|Net Worth:||$70 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Victor Garcia|
|Mother's Name:||Consuelo Fernandez|
|Height / How tall :||5.10 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Sergio Garcia|
Sergio Garcia is a professional Spanish golfer. He is widely recognized as the winner of ‘The Players Championship’ in 2008. He plays on both the PGA Tour and the European Tour. He is one of the highest-paid and highest-earning golfers of Spain.
- A Spanish golfer who competes on both the European Tour and the PGA Tour.
- The enthusiastic player has won thirty-one international tournaments as a professional, most remarkably the 2017 Masters Tournament and the 2008 Players Championship.
- Chairman of Spanish football team CF Borriol
Early Life of Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia was born as Sergio García Fernández in Borriol, Castellón, Spain. He holds a Spanish nationality and he is of Spanish ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn.
He is the son of Victor Garcia (father) and Consuelo Fernandez (mother). He has two siblings named Victor Garcia and Mar Garcia Fernández. His father is a club professional in Madrid. His father was the one who taught him golf in his childhood. He began playing golf at the age of three and at first, he played under his father. There is no information about his educational background and childhood life.
Career and Achievements of Sergio Garcia
- In 1999, Sergio Garcia began his golf career professionally, shooting the lowest amateur score in the Masters Tournament. In July of the same year, he won his first title on the European Tour in his sixth start as a professional at the Irish Open. Also, he earned worldwide prominence with a duel against Tiger Woods in the PGA Championship.
- In 2001, Garcia won his first PGA Tour Event at MasterCard Colonial in Fort Worth, Texas and subsequently won the Buick Classic in New York, becoming the youngest Tour winner since Tiger Woods at his 20, in 1996.
- The following year, he took home the Mercedes Championships. Later two years, Garcia earned the EDS Byron Nelson Championship and the Buick Classic for the second time.
- Further, his 6th PGA Tour win came at the 2005 Booz Allen Classic.
- In the 2007 PGA Championship, Garcia was disqualified after signing a wrong scorecard after the third round.
- On 11th May 2008, Garcia earned The Player Championship on the PGA Tour in a sudden-death playoff in contradiction of Paul Goydos.
- On 26th October 2008, he kissed his first European Tour title. With this victory, he rose to a career-high of third in the Official World Golf Rankings. He then won the 2008 HSBC Champions in a playoff over Oliver Wilson, which led him up to a career-high second in the Official World Golf Ranking, replacing Phil Mickelson.
- Following his success in 2008, Garcia had a poor season in 2009, rarely challenging and ended ranking 74th on the PGA Tour money list.
- He made his comeback to the competitive play in late 2010 with a new putting grip which produced the better result for him on the greens during the 2011 tournaments.
- Further, Garcia won the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters in January 2014. Six months later, he finished joint runner-up at the 2014 Open Championship, two strokes behind Rory Mcllroy.
- The most prominent result of Garcia’s 2015 season was at the 2015 Players Championship. He was then eliminated after the 3-hole playoff, after finishing two strokes behind Kevin Kisner and Rickie Fowler.
- In 9th April 2017, Garcia won the Master Tournament, becoming the third Spanish player to win the Masters, after Jose Maria Olazabal and Seve Ballesteros.
- On 9th October 2017, Garcia announced that he had parted ways with TaylorMade after fifteen years with the equipment brand. Two weeks later, he won the Andalucia Valderrama Masters.
- On 5th April 2018, Garcia set the record for most strokes on a hole in Masters’ history shooting a 13 on the 15th hole in the first round of the 2018 Masters Tournament.
Net Worth of Sergio Garcia
Not only the name and fame, but Sergio Garcia has also earned tremendous wealth through his professional golfing career. As of 2010, his net worth is estimated to be $70 million. But his salary was not disclosed yet.
Personal Life of Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia has been in few relationships till now. His four relationships have been exposed to the media till today. Once, he was in a relationship with the famous female golfer, Katharina Boehm. There is no information about their dating history. After being together for a few years, they broke up and he started dating Morgan Norman. He again failed to keep their relationship and they ended with a breakup. After that, he began dating the beautiful Swiss tennis player, Martina Hingis in early 2001. They stayed together for over a year and they broke up in 2002. After his breakup with Martina, Sergio stayed single for a long period of time.
It’s our first Christmas with our little girl and it couldn’t be any better! Can’t wait to see her grow up and create some amazing memories together. Merry Christmas Y’all!!
At the end of 2015, he began dating Angela Akins. After dating each other for more than a year, the couple got engaged in 2017 and they decided to become man and wife in July 2017 when they got married in a private event in Texas which was attended by their families and close friends. The family got a new member when it gave birth to its first child, Azalea Adele Garcia who was born on March 14, 2018. The golfer is currently happy with his wife and children as there are no rumors of divorce or any extramarital affairs.
Social Engagement of Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia is active on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. His Twitter account has more than 941k followers, the Facebook account has more than 146.6k followers and the Instagram account has more than 319k followers.
Body Measurements of Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia has a height of 5 feet 10 inches. His body weighs 82 kg. He has dark brown hair and green eye. His other body measurements like chest, biceps, waist sizes will be updated soon.