Shannen Maria Doherty is an American actress, producer, and television director.
Facts of Shannen Doherty
|Full Name:||Shannen Doherty|
|Age:||52 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||April 12, 1971|
|Birth Place:||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Married Date:||October 15,2011|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||John Thomas Doherty Jr.|
|Mother's Name:||Rosa Elizabeth Doherty|
|Education:||Heritage Christian School - Middle & High School (South)|
|Height / How tall :||5.4 inch|
|Ethnicity:||Mixed(English, Scottish, and Irish)|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Shannen Doherty|
Everybody deserves a second chance in this world. That's basically all I ask
The lesson that I learned is that you can't drop everything for one person. I've done that and that person has broken up with me, and I've had nothing
Your life changes. Everything has to be done perfectly, and I didn't follow that. I lived my life as if I wasn't in the public eye. I thought, 'I'm young. I have the right to experience new things, and if I want to go to a bar and get drunk, that's my prerogative
Shannen Doherty is an American actress who rose to fame with her role in the movie ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’ alongside Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt in 1985. She is also a television director as well as a producer and an author. She started her career as a child artist at a very early age and has since then worked on a number of films and numerous television shows. The article below contains every tiny detail there is to know about her.
What makes Shannen Doherty famous?
Shannen Doherty is an American actress, producer, author, and television director. She is best known for her roles on TV shows which are Brenda Walsh in Beverly Hills, 90210 and the other is Prue Halliwell in Charmed.
Where is Shannen Doherty born?
Back to her early life, Shannen Doherty was born in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is mixed (English, Scottish, and Irish). She was born to Rosa Elizabeth Doherty and John Doherty. She has an older brother, Sean.
She began acting like a kid with several short TV appearances before she was cast as Jenny Wilder in “Little House on the Prairie”. She won guest roles on shows such as Voyagers! and Father Murphy. She went to George D. Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida.
When did Shannen Doherty Pursue her acting career?
- Shannen Doherty started her career in 1981 at the age of ten when she appeared as a guest character in the television show ‘Father Murphy’. She played the role of ‘Drusilla Shannon’ in both parts of the episode ‘By the Bear That Bit Me’. Her role in this show brought her a lot of praise from the critics and was appreciated by the audience. She was nominated in the category of ‘Best Young Actress: Guest on a Drama Series’ at the Youth in Film Awards in 1982.
- The same year she debuted as a voice artist in the animated film ‘The Secret of NIMH’, voicing the character ‘Teresa Brisby’. The film was a directional product of Don Bluth and became a commercial success.
- In the 1990s, fortune turned in her favor as her acting career touched new heights and she landed some of the most important roles in her career. Starting with ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ in 1990, Shannen made her mark on the television industry. She played the role of ‘Brenda Walsh’ and achieved much popularity.
- In 1998, she featured in the series ‘Charmed’ as ‘Prue Halliwell’, the oldest of the three sisters who were witches. She left the show after the end of the third season due to the death of her character; however, it was reported that she left due to the many on and off-set feuds with her co-stars. She had also directed some of the episodes during the second and third seasons. She had earned two nominations from the Saturn Awards for the ‘Best Actress in Television’ category as well.
- In 2006, Shannen started her own reality show ‘Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty,’ a failed project as her so-called ‘dirty works’ on the show were not appreciated by the fans. The project was stopped after just one season.
- In 2010, Shannen tried a very different genre in her career; she appeared on the show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ pairing with dancer Mark Ballas. But her fortunes did not favor her and the couple was the first to be eliminated from the show.
- On July 24, 2014, it was announced that Doherty and her former Charmed co-star Holly Marie Combs would be starring in their own road trip reality show called Off the Map with Shannen & Holly, which premiered on Great American Country on January 2, 2015. The six-episode series follows the pair traveling across the southeastern United States, with stops in Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Viewers were able to vote on activities in which Doherty and Combs engaged at each destination on Great American Country’s official website.
- In November 2016, Doherty joined the cast of Heather’s television series, originally set to air on Paramount Network in March 2018. She would play the mother of one of the new generation of “Heathers”, different from the character of Heather Duke which she originated in the 1988 film.
- However, the show’s premiere was delayed by the Parkland school shooting because of its dark tone and themes of high school violence before the network chose to pull the show altogether in June 2018. Ultimately, the series aired over five nights in October 2018.
Who are the husbands of Shannen Doherty?
Reflecting on her personal life, Shannen Doherty married Ashley Hamilton, son of actor George Hamilton, on October 11, 1993. But the couple divorced the very next year. Later in 2002, she married Rick Salomon but this marriage also didn’t last long as it was annulled after just nine months.
Currently, Shannen is married to photographer Kurt Iswarienko. The couple got married in October 2011 in Malibu, California.
Doherty suffered from breast cancer and announced her health issues in March 2015. She went for chemotherapy and radiotherapy following surgery and announced in April 2017 that her cancer was in remission.
How much net worth Shannen Doherty owns?
As per various online sources, Shannen has a net worth of $10 million at present, engaged in different fields but her salary is not revealed yet. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
How tall is Shannen Doherty?
Observing her body physics, Shannen has a height of 5 feet 4 inches. Her body weighs 58kg. She has dark brown hair and green eyes. Her body measurements are 37-26-36 inches. Furthermore, her dress size is 8 (US), bra size is 34c, and shoe size is 5.5 (US).