Song Joong-ki is a South Korean actor. He rose to fame in the historical coming-of-age drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal and the variety show Running Man as one of the original cast members
Facts of Song Joong-Ki
|38 years 4 months
|October 19, 1985
|Dong District, Daejeon, South Korea
|Relationship affair ?:
|Is gay ?:
|Height / How tall :
|Best Match for Marriage:
|View more / View fewer Facts of Song Joong-Ki
If you are an aficionado of the South Korean dream sentimental film, A Werewolf Boy, then you may be as of now acquainted with Song Joong-Ki’s face. He made his first TV appearance on KBS’s Quick Korea as a contestant and acquired the second position in that competition which gathered much attention. His actual breakout role in the industry came with the historical drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal where he portrayed the role of an indolent playboy. The series was a hit and became the turning point of the actor’s career. He landed several series like Innocent Man, Descendants of the Sun, and so on.
What makes Song Joong-Ki famous?
Song Joong-ki is a South Korean actor. He is best known for his roles in the historical drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) and the variety show Running Man. He is also famous for the portrayal of Kang Ma-ru in the 2012 South Korean television series, The Innocent Man. His lead role in the pan-Asia hit drama 9 (2016) made him a top Hallyu star. Forbes Korea Power Celebrity listed him 2nd on their list 0f 2017.
Song Joong-Ki Files For Divorce From Song Hye-Kyo
On 26 June, Korean actor Song Joong-ki, 33, reportedly filed for divorce from actress Song Hye-Kyo, 37. A legal representative for the actor confirmed the news in a statement, saying, “Our law firm filed for divorce on behalf of Song Joong-ki at the Seoul Family Court on June 26.”
The actor also released a statement explaining the situation to fans and apologizing. His statement, translated by Korean news site Soompi, reads:
“Hello. This is Song Joong-ki. First, I’d like to apologize for delivering this unfortunate news to the many fans who love and care for me. I have begun the process of filing for divorce from Song Hye-Kyo. Rather than denouncing one another and arguing over who is to blame, I hope that the divorce process can be wrapped up amicably. I ask for your understanding in regards to the fact that it is difficult to discuss the details of my personal life, and I will recover from my current wounds and do my utmost as an actor to repay you through great productions in the future. Thank you.”
Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-Kyo, Wedding Blossom Entertainment
Just a month ago, the actor commented on his marriage in a press conference for his new television drama, Arthdal Chronicles.
“Nothing changed too drastically, but I do feel like I’ve become more emotionally stable as a result,” he said, according to koreaboo. “I feel like all married people would understand this feeling.
Previously, the South Korean and Chinese press reported on rumors that the Song-Song couple’s marriage was on the rocks: The actress was spotted several times without her wedding ring, sparking the rumors that all was not okay.
The couple wed in a star-studded wedding in 2017, with guests such as Zhang Ziyi, So Ji-sub, Yoo Ah-in, SHINee’s Minho, and more, in an intimate wedding at the Shilla Hotel.
They met on the set of hit Korean television drama Descendants of the Sun in 2016, which leads to a whirlwind romance and engagement.
Who are the parents of Song Joong-Ki?
Back to his early life, Song Joong-Ki was born in Dong District, Daejeon, South Korea. Both his parents, mother, and father are South Koreans. The name of his father is Song Yong-gak and his mother’s name is yet to reveal. He has other three siblings. He spent his childhood in the rural outskirts of Daejeon. His nationality is South Korean and belongs to Korean ethnicity.
Regarding his education, Song completed his school education from his native place. As a child, he had competed in short track speed skating. It means ice speed skating. During his first year of high school, he got injured and had to give up sports. After high school, he enrolled at Sungkyunkwan University. In 2012, he graduated in Business Administration.
When did Song Joong-Ki pursue his acting career?
- Song Joong-ki’s acting career began with a supporting role in the 2008 South Korean historical film ‘A Frozen Flower’. Directed by Yoo Ha, the movie was loosely based on the reign of King Gongmin of Goryeo who ruled in Korea during the 14th century. The film was a commercial success and won multiple awards.
- After doing several small roles, Song gained popularity in 2010 after he appeared in the historical drama ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’. Directed by Kim Won-Seok, the movie was based on ‘The Lives of Sungkyunkwan Confucian Scholars’, a bestselling novel by Jung Eun-gwol. The movie revolved around a woman who had to disguise herself as her brother to earn a living, as during that time women were not allowed to work. The film was a commercial success and won several awards.
- The same year, Song also started appearing in the variety show ‘Running Man’. However, he quit the show after a year. In 2011, he appeared in the romantic comedy film ‘Penny Pinchers’, playing the role of a jobless deadbeat. The film was directed by Kim Jung-hwan. Though the film was not a huge success commercially, Song received appreciation for his performance. The same year, Song also played an important role in the TV series ‘Deep Rooted Tree’.
- In 2012, he gained further popularity after appearing in the main role in the hit fantasy romance film ‘A Werewolf Boy’. Directed by Jo Sung-hee, the film became the most successful Korean melodrama ever. Song also gained an appreciation for his appearance in ‘The Innocent Man’, a South Korean TV series, where he played the lead role.
- From August 2013 to May 2015, he enlisted for his mandatory military service. After his discharge from the army, he appeared in ‘Descendants of the Sun’, a South Korean TV series, playing the lead role. The show was a hit, earning huge popularity. It also won numerous awards.
- Song was latest seen in ‘The Battleship Island’, a 2017 South Korean film. The film was a commercial success and was met with mostly average reviews.
- Song made his small-screen comeback in the historical fantasy drama Arthdal Chronicles, which premiered on tvN in 2019.
Does Song Joong-Ki honor with awards?
Song has won a cabinet full of awards in the South Korean film industry. Among them, he won the Most popular actor of the year 2016 for the series Descendants of the Sun. His sincere dedication and effort to become a successful actor paid off, and millions of fans in South Korea love him.
Who is Song Joong-Ki’s wife?
Reflecting on his personal and love life, Song Joong Ki has been a hitched man since 2017. The entertainer and his Relatives of the Sun co-star, on July 5, 2017, reported that they were locked in through their individual offices. The lovebirds formally got married on 31st October 2017, in a private service at Youngbingwan, Inn Shilla in Seoul. The beautiful occasion was graced by their nearest relatives and friends.
Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki supposedly met in 2013 through entertainer Jo In Sung. After three years, the pair met again while shooting Relatives of the Sun and along these lines fell in love.
As per some online sources, Song revealed that he had filed for divorce from Song Hye-Kyo on 26th June 2019.
How much net worth Song Joong-Ki owns?
According to some reports, his per-episode payment is near to $50 thousand. However, there isn’t enough proof. As of 2019, his net worth is estimated at $1 million. Further, He has made a decent income from his successful career.
How tall is Song Joong-Ki?
The entertainer’s stature and weight are inclined to be 5 feet 10 inches and weigh 65kg or 143lbs. Song Joong-Ki sports a lot of amazing dull dark-colored eyes and dark hair color. His other body information is yet to be revealed. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.