Facts of Stephen Strasburg
|Full Name:||Stephen Strasburg|
|Age:||35 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||July 20, 1988|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Stephen Strasburg|
Stephen Strasburg is the name of a professional baseball pitcher in the United States. He is currently a member of the Major League Baseball’s Washington Nationals (MLB). Washington took him with the first overall selection in the 2009 Major League Baseball draft. He also won a World Series with the Nationals in 2019 and was named the Most Valuable Player of the Series (MVP). In general, he is a gifted athlete.
Stephen Strasburg’s $245 million contract is set up in such a way that he will be paid even less
Because of the Washington Nationals’ frequent use of deferred money in multi-year player contracts, it’s a question that’s been raised for years. It’s come to the fore once more after the team re-signed World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg to what was briefly the richest contract ever for a pitcher.
Strasburg’s seven-year, $245 million deal is worth $35 million a year, just a million dollars less per year than Gerrit Cole’s record-breaking nine-year, $324 million contract with the New York Yankees signed Tuesday. (Cole, 29, ostensibly received two more years and $1 million a year because he is two years younger and, some may say, better.)
The Nationals’ owners, the Lerner family, will not be paying the 31-year-old righty nearly as much over the duration of his deal. A staggering $80 million, or one-third of the overall contract value, will not be charged until 2027. And that IOU, which will be charged in three annual installments after the contract expires, will only accrue interest at a meager 1% per year.
According to Cot’s Baseball Contracts, the Nationals have agreed to pay Strasburg $23.6 million a year for the next seven years, a significant discount from Cole’s $36 million per year offer.
- For winning a World Series with the Nationals in 2019.
- For becoming one of the best collegiate pitchers in the country.
Who are Stephen Strasburg’s parents?
Stephen James Strasburg was born on July 20, 1988, in San Diego, California, United States. Jim and Kathleen, his parents, gave birth to him. He is an American citizen with a white ethnicity. He is a devout Christian.
He went to Santee, California’s West Hills High School. He had a rocky junior season. His high school career, on the other hand, was remarkable. Scouts were attracted to him because of his excellent success at El Capitan High School.
He won varsity letters in high school, set school records in ERA and shutouts, was named Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2006, and was named second-team all-league. He will celebrate his 31st birthday with friends and family in 2019.
Which team does Stephen Strasburg represent?
- Stephen went to West Hills High School in Santee, California, where he struggled on the baseball team, ending his junior year with a 1-10 win-loss record.
- With 74 strikeouts in 62 1/3 innings pitched and seven complete games, he ended his senior year with a 1.68 ERA and 74 strikeouts.
- He earned three varsity letters, set school records in ERA and shutouts, and was voted Scholar-Athlete of the Year at his school in 2006.
- He was a member of the San Diego State Aztecs, who were coached by Tony Gwynn, a member of the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- He was named Co-Freshman of the Year for the Mountain West Conference after keeping opponents to a.141 batting average against.
- As a closer, he was named to the NECBL First Team, as well as the NECBL’s Top Pro Prospect and Top Relief Pitcher.
- As a junior, he was converted to a full-time starting pitcher.
- In 109 innings pitched during his junior year, he went 13-1 with a 1.32 ERA, 59 hits allowed, 16 earned runs, 19 walks, and 195 strikeouts.
- A Professional Life
- On June 9, 2009, the Washington Nationals picked him first overall in the 2009 Major League Baseball draft.
- On August 17, 2009, he signed a four-year, $15.1 million deal with the Nationals, which set a new franchise record.
- He made his professional debut for the Phoenix Desert Dogs in the Arizona Fall League on October 16, 2009, at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.
- He was chosen to play in the league’s Rising Stars Showcase, but due to a minor neck injury, he was unable to do so.
- On May 4, 2010, he was promoted to the Syracuse Chiefs of the Class AAA International League.
- On June 8, 2010, he made his major-league debut against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- In 2010, he pitched in 12 games, all starts, for a total of 68 innings, 92 strikeouts, and a 2.91 ERA.
- During the 2011 minor league season, he made six rehab starts, pitching a total of 20 1/3 innings with 29 strikeouts while posting a 3.49 ERA and a 1-1 record.
- He went 15-6 in 159 1/3 innings pitched in 2012, with a 3.16 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, and 197 strikeouts.
- He ended the 2013 season with a 3.00 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, eight wins, nine losses, and 191 strikeouts in 183 innings pitched.
- In 2014, he set career highs in starts (34), innings pitched (215), and strikeouts (242).
- In his 2015 season, he won 11 games, which was good for third most among the Nationals’ pitching staff.
- He agreed to a seven-year, $175 million contract extension with the Nationals for the 2016 season.
- In a 3-0 win over the San Diego Padres in 2017, he struck out a career-high 15 batters.
- In 22 starts in 2018, he went 10-7 with a 3.74 ERA, striking out 156 batters in 130.0 innings.
- He led the National League in wins (18) and strikeouts (22) during the regular season of 2019. (251).
- On December 9, 2019, he agreed to a seven-year, $245 million deal to return to the Nationals.
- The contract’s annual average value of $35 million is the highest ever charged to a pitcher in MLB history.
Who is Stephen Strasburg’s wife?
Stephen Strasburg is a married man when it comes to his marital status. On January 9, 2010, he married his wife, Rachel Lackey. They met at San Diego State University, where they were both students.
He has been faithful to his wife and there is no rumor or history of his previous affairs other than with her. They do not have children yet, but might do so in the near future.
They are currently having a wonderful time without any interruptions in their lives. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation.
What is Stephen Strasburg’s net worth?
As of 2019, this well-known baseball player’s net worth is projected to be $60 million, up from a net worth of $10 million in 2016. His exact salary is undisclosed, but there is no question in the minds of his supporters that he is making a decent living from his current job.
Without a doubt, he is happy with his earnings. He must be living in a comfortable home and leading a wealthy lifestyle with his earnings.
How tall is Stephen Strasburg?
Stephen Strasburg is a very attractive guy, with the ideal height and weight. He stands six feet five inches tall, with a healthy body weight of 95 kilograms or 209 pounds.
His hair is dark, and his eyes are also brown. His other body dimensions, such as waist size, hip size, chest size, and others, have yet to be revealed, but will be added as soon as we learn more. Overall, he has a good body and a beautiful smile that attracts a huge number of people to him.