Steven Anthony Ballmer is an American billionaire businessman and investor who served as the chief executive officer of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014.
Owner of the Los Angeles Clippers
Facts of Steve Ballmer
|Full Name:||Steve Ballmer|
|Age:||66 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 24, 1956|
|Birth Place:||Detroit, Michigan, the USA|
|Net Worth:||US$71.4 billion|
|Profession:||Owner of the Los Angeles Clippers|
|When did Steve Ballmer get married ? (married date):||, 1990|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Frederic Henry Ballmer|
|Mother's Name:||Beatrice Dworkin|
|Education:||Lawrence Technological University|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Steve Ballmer|
I think our leadership team is a highly accountable leadership team.
What we’ve gone through in the last several years has caused some people to question ’Can we trust Microsoft?’
We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference
An American businessman and investor who was the chief executive officer of Microsoft from January 13, 2000, to February 4, 2014, and is the current owner of the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA) are named for Steve Ballmer. His personal wealth is estimated at US$42.4 billion as of October 2018 which makes him the 18th richest person in the world. He was hired by Bill Gates at Microsoft in 1980 and subsequently left the MBA program at Stanford University. On 4th February 2014, he retired as CEO and resigned from the Board of Directors on 19th August 2014 to prepare for teaching a new class.
Steve Ballmer is still very hyped
Former Microsoft CEO is about to become the NBA’s most-watched owner. Steve Ballmer loves two things: the Los Angeles Clippers and yelling. A press conference earlier today allowed the former Microsoft CEO, and current chairman for LA’s second-favorite NBA team, to celebrate both. Ballmer officially welcomed Kawhi Leonard, the NBA’s most sought-after player and the man who helped lead the Toronto Raptors to their first-ever NBA championship earlier this year, and Paul George to the Clippers. “I have these notes, but I’m just fired up to be here today,” Ballmer yelled at the podium, pointing excitedly at Kawhi. “It’s pretty cool. Pretty damn cool! Woo!” His energy and impressive ability to whoop is well known in the tech industry. He made many a Microsoft press conference fun and borderline frightening when he was running the company, darting across the stage, cheering on exciting new software developments, and visibly sweating through his shirts. His enthusiasm is contagious! It’s fun! It even got Bill Gates to do a little ditty on stage! He has a pretty good reason to feel super hyped and fired up. Kawhi is one of the most impressive basketball players to catch the attention of the league since a young LeBron James. His move to the Los Angeles Clippers reportedly netted the forward $142 million-the highest amount he could have earned. He also orchestrated a deal that included bringing Oklahoma City’s Paul George, another outstanding player, to the Clippers. It’s a good time to be Kawhi Leonard. It’s an even better time to be Steve Ballmer. And, if all the moments of Drake captured in GIF form from this last season are anything to go by, Ballmer’s excitement over Leonard might just make him the most entertaining person on the sidelines next season.
Early Life of Steve Ballmer
On 24th March 1956, Steve Ballmer was born in Detroit, Michigan, the USA as Steven Anthony Ballmer. As of 2019, he celebrated his 63rd birthday. He is the son of Beatrice Dworkin and Frederic Henry Ballmer (Fritz Hans Ballmer), a manager at the Ford Motor Company. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. He grew up in the affluent community of Farmington Hills, Michigan. He attended the International School of Brussels and in 1973, he attended college prep and engineering classes at Lawrence Technological University. He graduated valedictorian from Detroit Country Day School, a private college preparatory school in Beverly Hills, Michigan. He has a sister, Shelly.
Body Measurements of Steve Ballmer
At the age of 63, Steve Ballmer still looks very handsome. He has got a very charming smile which attracts a lot of people towards him. He has a perfect height matching his body. He has an average height of 176 cm and a balanced weight of 82 Kg. His other body measurements have not been disclosed yet but it will be added soon.
The career of Steve Ballmer
- Steve college friend Bill Gates had dropped out of school to co-found Microsoft.
- After completing his first year at the business school, he approached his friend hoping for a summer job at his company.
- Gates instead asked Ballmer to take a full-time job managing the company’s operations.
- He left the Stanford Graduate School of Business and joined Microsoft in June, becoming the first business manager to be hired by Gates in 1980.
- Microsoft signed a contract to create an operating system for IBM’s new line of personal computers.
- He reorganized Microsoft’s partnership into a corporate structure in 1981 after the company was incorporated.
- He came to hold 53 percent of the equity, Allen 35 percent, and Ballmer 8 percent.
- He led the development of the operating system, the core of the company’s business, in the 1980s.
- In 1986, Microsoft became a publically held company and Ballmer became a multimillionaire.
- The success of the company was primarily driven by the success of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, comprising word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- He was made the Executive Vice President, Sales, and Support in February 1992 where he led the development of the .NET Framework.
- He was promoted to President of Microsoft, a position he held from July 1998 till February 2001.
- He was officially named the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in January 2000.
- Microsoft registered a phenomenal increase in profits during Ballmer’s tenure as CEO.
- The corporation’s annual revenue surged from $25 billion to $70 billion, while its net income increased 215 percent to $23 billion.
- He announced his retirement in 2013 and stepped down from the position of CEO of Microsoft in February 2014.
- He stepped down from the company Board of Directors in August 2014.
- He called Microsoft’s decision to invest in Apple to save it from bankruptcy in 1997 as the “craziest thing we ever did” in 2015.
- He did an interview with Bloomberg where Ballmer added context to his iPhone statement, saying “People like to point to this quote…but the reason I said that was the price of $600-$700 was too high” in 2016.
- He changed his stance on Linux, saying that he supports his successor Satya Nadella’s open-source commitments in 2016.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
Steve Ballmer is a married person. He was married to Connie Snyder in 1990. The couple is also blessed with three. The couple is active on the philanthropic front and was reported to have donated $50 million to the University of Oregon in 2014. As of today, they are enjoying their life a lot.
Net Worth of Steve Ballmer
Steve Ballmer is a very successful person in his career with Microsoft. Overall, he has a net worth of $22.2 billion. His personal wealth is estimated at US$42.4 billion as of October 2018 which makes him the 18th richest person in the world. But his exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. There is no doubt that he is satisfied with his earnings.