Facts of Steve Bing
|Full Name:||Steve Bing|
|Age:||58 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 31, 1965|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Steve Bing|
The BAFTA Fim Award nominee, Steve Bing was a film producer and philanthropist who is known for his contributions in different fields like the film industry and philanthropic works. Also, he was a businessman who is the founder of Shangri-La Entertainment. He co-wrote both the screenplay and the story of Kangaroo Jack (2003). Sadly, he passed away on 22nd June 2020 due to multiple blunt trauma. He reportedly committed suicide. Today, let’s explore more about him through this article.
What is Steve Bing famous for?
- An American businessman, philanthropist, and film producer.
- Being the founder of Shangri-La Entertainment.
When was Steve Bing born?
Recalling his early life, Steve was born in the U.S. to his parents, Helen and Peter Bing in the year 1965. His mother was a nurse and his father was a doctor in public health. Similarly, he was of American nationality and belonged to Caucasian-White ethnicity. Further, his birth sign was Aries.
For education, He attended Standford University but later dropped out to pursue his career in Hollywood.
Steve Bing Career Timeline
- Steve invested $80 million in the animated film, “The Polar Express” which earned $285 million globally and was one of the year’s top box office successes.
- Later, He finances Robert Zemeckis’ film “Beowulf” in 2007 and also produces Martin Scorses movie “Shine A Light” which is based on a Rolling Stones concert in 2008.
- After that, He financed and produced the independently released Jerry Lee Lewis album Last Man Standing.
- Besides these, He also co-wrote both the screenplay and the story of Kangaroo Jack (2003).
- He is also a philanthropist and joined The Giving Pledge to willingly donated the majority of his wealth to the charity in 2012.
How Steve Bing became involved in U.S. Politics?
- Steve started his career in politics with a $500 contribution in 1993 to support Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., in his bid for re-election.
- Later, He contributed over $10.7 million at the federal level to the Democratic Party and its candidate as per the Center for Responsive politics.
- In 2002, He gave a total of $8.2 million to the Democratic National Committee. He also gave specific candidates, including Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Dianne Feinstein.
- In 2005, He spent $4.25 million in a successful effort to defeat Prop. 77, a redistricting initiative sponsored by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- During the 2006 election cycle, He contributes $49.5 million in support of Proposition 87.
- Other beneficiaries of his political largesse included; the California Democratic Party ($640,172); Gov. Gray Davis ($675,000); and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
- He also supported several key races in other parts of the country as Democrats fought to win back control of Congress.
- In October 2008, He pledged to match donations made to the NO on Proposition 8 campaign from October 17-19.
- In December 2008, He contribute between US$10-25 million to the William J. Clinton Foundation.
- In August 2009, He purchased a 737 private aircraft and based out of hangar 25 at the Burbank airport in Southern California. The aircraft was utilized in the return of American reporters Laura Ling and Euna Lee who had spent 5 months of a 12-year sentence in North Korea which he covered the cost of the entire flight has estimated to be around $200 Thousand.
What are the achievements of Steve Bing?
He was nominated for the BAFTA Film Award doe the Best Documentary Film in 2013.
Steve Bing Married
Reflecting on his personal life, Steve never married. He fathered a son with his girlfriend, in 2002. The lovebirds started dating in 2000 and later separated in 2001 after she was pregnant. He denied their relationship as well. But, the DNA reported proved that he was the father of the child. Later in 2002, their child was born and named him . They were already separated when Damian was born.
Also, he was proved to be the father of Lisa Bonder’s daughter, Kira Bonder via a DNA report of 2001. Lisa is also one of his girlfriends. They dated in 1998 and later separated after a year in 1999.
Besides them, He was also linked in romantic relationships with several celebrities like Liv Tyler (2008-09), Sheryl Crow (2007-08), Nicole Kidman (2004-05), Brooke Burns (2003), Farrah Fawcett (1997), Denice D. Lewis (1994), Sharon Stone (1991), Tracy Richman (1986-1999), Uma Thurman and Janice Dickinson.
Steve Bing Death
Steve Bing was passed away on 22nd June 2020 after he jumped from the 27th floor of an apartment building in the Century City neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. As per the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office report, He died as a result of “multiple blunt trauma” at the age of 55 years old. The reason behind his suicide is yet to be disclosed. The case is currently under investigation.
Steve Bing net worth
Being a businessman and film producer by profession, Steve has an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of both the entertainment industry and his business ventures. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $600 million at the time of his death. He was also the founder of Shangri-La Entertainment, which focuses on property, construction, entertainment, and music. Further, He was living a luxurious lifestyle before his death.
How tall is Steve Bing?
Before his death, Steve stood at a height of 6 feet 4 inches. Similarly, he had a pair of blue eyes and grey hair color.