Facts of Steve Mills
|Full Name:||Steve Mills|
|Age:||63 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||October 06, 1959|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Steve Mills|
Steve Mills is a former president of the New York Knicks and an American sports executive. From 1978 to 1981, he played college basketball for the Princeton Tigers, where he was a teammate of future NBA coach David Blatt and was coached by Pete Carril. He was recently fired by the New York Knicks. Let us learn more about him by reading this post.
Steve Mills is well-known for
- An American sports executive who was recently let go by the New York Knicks.
- He was the president of the New York Knicks for a time.
Where is Steve Mills born?
Steve Mills was born to his father, Ollie Mills, who was a teacher and a ball tutor when he was younger. His mother was a social worker. He grew up as a New York Knicks fan who lived next door to NBA legend Julius Erving.
He received his education at Locust Valley’s Friends Academy and Princeton University, where he earned a B.A. in Sociology in 1981.
When did Steve Mills start playing sports?
- After working at Chemical Bank, Steve went on to work for the National Basketball Association for sixteen years, starting in 1984.
- His rise to prominence in the NBA was notable. He worked as a corporate sponsorship account executive for NBA properties and as a program manager for NBA properties.
- In 2003, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer and Sports Business President of Madison Square Garden, after serving as vice president of special events and senior vice president of basketball and player development.
- His roles at MSG included managing the NBA’s New York Knicks, NHL’s New York Rangers, and WNBA’s New York Liberty’s day-to-day activities, including finances and market plans. He was in charge of all sports-related events, including boxing, college basketball, and track and field.
- Steve Mills left MSG in 2009 and joined Magic Johnson Enterprises, where he was a partner in the Athletes & Entertainers Wealth Management Company, LLC (A & E).
- The New York Knicks announced on September 26th, 2013, that he will be the team’s executive vice president and general manager.
- After naming Scott Perry as the Knicks’ new general manager on July 14th, 2017, the team also revealed that he will take over as president, replacing Phil Jackson.
- Steve Mills was fired by the Knicks on February 4, 2020.
Is Steve Mills married or not?
Steve Mills was a married man, as he reflected on his personal life. He is married to Beverly and they have two daughters and a puppy. They live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and have a house in South Orange, New Jersey. Currently, there are no reports of divorce or breakup between the couple.
What is Steve Mills’ net worth?
As a sports executive, Steve receives a large amount of money as well as recognition from his work in the sports industry. His total net worth and salary have yet to be revealed, according to some online sources.
How tall is Steve Mills?
Steve Mills stands at a height of 6 foot 1 inch and his weight is actually undisclosed, according to his body statistics. Similarly, he has a pair of white-grey eyes and white-grey hair. His other physical characteristics are yet to be revealed. We will notify you if any information is made public.