Facts of Steven Gerrard
|Full Name:||Steven Gerrard|
|Age:||43 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||May 30, 1980|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Steven Gerrard|
Steven Gerrard is an English professional football manager and a former player. Having played his major football career with the English club Liverpool, he ended his football career from American club LA Galaxy. He started his football career from Liverpool in 1998, he is dubbed as one of the greatest midfielders of all time. He played 17 seasons for Liverpool until 2015 and won several major club titles. However, Gerrard never won the Premier League. He transferred to the American club LA Galaxy in 2015. He is well known for his leadership, having captained his club as well as an international team. He made his senior international debut in 2000. He announced his retirement from football in 2016. He retired from football with 191 club goals in 748 club appearances and 21 international goals in 114 appearances.
He then started his managerial career. He currently manages the Scottish club, Rangers.
He has over 8.8 million followers on his official Instagram @stevengerrard.
What is Steven Gerrard Famous For?
- Considered one of the greatest midfielders of all time.
- Played the majority of his career in Liverpool.
Where is Steven Gerrard Born?
Steven Gerrard was born on 30 May 1980. His birth name is Steven George Gerrard. His birth place is in Whiston, Merseyside in England. He holds an English nationality. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He was born to a father, Paul Gerrard, and a mother, Julie Ann Gerrard. He has a brother, Paul Gerrard.
Regarding his educational background, he attended St. Michael’s Primary School and Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School.
He started playing football from his hometown club, Whiston Juniors. He was noticed by Liverpool scouts and joined the club’s academy in 1989.
Steven Gerrard Professional Career Timeline
- Steven Gerrard started his professional career with Liverpool in 1998. He made his first team-debut against Blackburn Rovers in November 1998.
- He eventually went on to become one of the greatest midfielders of all time.
- He helped Liverpool to secure a unique treble of cups in the 2001-02. That season, Liverpool won FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup, and UEFA Super Cup.
- He made 504 league appearances for Liverpool and scored 120 league goals in his Liverpool career. In all competitions, he made 710 appearances and scored 186 goals.
- In his 17 seasons at Liverpool, he led the club to win 2 FA Cups (2001-01 and 2005-06), 3 League Cups (2000-01, 2002-03, 2011-12), 1 UEFA Champions League (2004-05), 1 UEFA Cup (2001-01), 1 FA Community Shield (2006), and 1 UEFA Super Cup (2001).
- Liverpool came back from 3-0 down to defeat Milan in the 2004-05 UEFA Champions League final as they won their historic fifth UEFA Champions League title. The final is dubbed as Miracle of Istanbul.
- However, Gerrard never won the Premier League. Liverpool finished runner-up on three occasions when Gerrard was playing for Liverpool.
- Gerrard transferred to the MLS club LA Galaxy in 2015. He signed an 18-month Designated Player contract reportedly worth $9 million with the club. He spent one-and-a-half seasons at LA Galaxy, scoring 5 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions.
- Gerrard made his LA Galaxy competitive debut against Real Salt Lake in the US Open Cup quarterfinals.
- He made his MLS debut in 5-2 win over San Jose Earthquakes in July 2015.
- He announced his retirement from football on 24 November 2016.
- On the International level, he made his senior international debut against Ukraine in May 2000.
- He scored his debut international goal in the famous 5-1 victory over Germany in the 2002 World Cup qualifier in September 2001.
- He represented England football teams at Euro 2000, Euro 2004, World Cup 2006, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012, and World Cup 2014.
- He made 114 appearances for the senior international team and scored 21 goals. He is the fourth-most capped player in the history of the England national team.
- He had retired from international football in 2014.
Steven Gerrard Managerial Career
- He announced his retirement from football in 2016.
- He was appointed the youth coach of his former club, Liverpool in January 2017.
- He was named the coach of Liverpool U18 ahead of the 2017-18 season.
- He was later named the manager of the Liverpool U19 team in the 2017-18 UEFA Youth League.
- Scottish club Rangers signed Gerrard as its new manager in May 2018. Gerrard signed a 4-year contract with Rangers.
- He made his senior managerial debut in the UEFA Europa League in July 2018. On his senior managerial debut, Rangers defeated Shkupi 2-0.
- Rangers went 12 matches unbeaten under Gerrard’s management.
- Celtics broke Ranger’s unbeaten streak in September 2012. However, Rangers accomplished their revenge defeating Celtics in December 2012. It was the first time since 2012 that Rangers defeated Celtics.
- He was named Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month for the month of April, September, and December 2019.
Steven Gerrard Honors
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2005
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2000–01
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2005–06
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2000–01, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2013–14
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2000–01, 2008–09
- PFA Merit Award: 2015
- FWA Tribute Award: 2013
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2008–09
- IFFHS World’s Most Popular Footballer: 2006
- Onze d’Argent: 2005
- FA England Player of the Year Award: 2007, 2012
- Liverpool Player of the Season: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Liverpool Fans Online Player of the Season: 2005, 2007
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award – 3rd Place: 2005
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2013
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2007
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year
- UEFA Team of the Century
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
- ESM Team of the Year: 2008–09
- Premier League 20 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2011–12)
- Fantasy Teams of the 20 Seasons (Public choice)
- MLS All-Star: 2015
- English Football Hall of Fame: 2017
- BBC Goal of the Season: 2006
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2005
- Premier League top assist provider: 2013–14
- Member of the Order of the British Empire
- Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University to mark his contribution to sport
Who is Steven Gerrard Married to?
Steven Gerrard is a married man. He is married to Alex Curran. The couple got married on 16 June 2007. The same day they got married, Gerrard’s England teammates Gary Neville and Michael Carrick also got married on separate occasions. The couple has 4 children together.
How Tall is Steven Gerrard?
Steven Gerrard stands at a height of 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of 185 lbs i.e. 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has blue eyes and his hair color is dark brown.
He wears a shoe size of 10.5 (US).
How Much is Steven Gerrard Worth?
Steven Gerrard earned from his professional football career. He had played the majority of his football career, 17 seasons for Liverpool. His income came from contracts, salary, and endorsements. He had endorsement deals with several brands such as Adidas, Jaguar Cars, and Lucozade among others. He has also appeared in numerous tv commercials. He reportedly earned $17.2 million from salaries, bonuses, and off-field earnings in 2014. Following his retirement from active football, he began his managerial career. He is currently signed to Scottish club, Rangers. His net worth is estimated at $90 million.