Stipe Miocic is an American professional MMA fighter and a part-time fireman who currently competes in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC).
Facts of Stipe Miocic
|Full Name:||Stipe Miocic|
|Age:||40 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||October 19, 1982|
|Birth Place:||Euclid, Ohio, US|
|Married Date:||June 18,2016|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||TranSouth Athletic Conference|
|Height / How tall :||6.4 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Stipe Miocic|
Stipe Miocic is an American professional MMA fighter and a part-time fireman who currently competes in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC). He was also the former UFC Heavyweight Champion. He holds a record for most consecutive title defenses in UFC history.
What is Stipe Miocic famous for?
- Famous as an American professional MMA fighter in UFC.
- Famous as the fighter to defend his title for most consecutive times in UFC history
- Stipe Miocic has ranked #1 in official UFC heavyweight rankings on 25th June 2019.
- He is considered to be the best heavyweight MMA in UFC history and MMA history
- On 17th August 2019, he will challenge the present UFC heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier for the title
When was Stipe Miocic born?
Stipe Miocic was born on 19th August 1982 in Euclid, Ohio, US. His birth name is Stipe Miocic. American is his nationality. His ethnicity is Croatian. Leo is his zodiac sign.
He was born to Kathy Miocic(mother) and Bojan Miocic(father). His parents are immigrants from Croatia. His parents got divorced when he was three years old. He continued to stay with his mother and stepfather. He has a step-brother, Jonathan.
He was raised in his hometown, Ohio. He did his schooling at Eastlake North High School. He was encouraged by her mother to involve in sports, so he began playing baseball and started learning wrestling.
He graduated from TranSouth Athletic Conference majoring in marketing and communications.
He joined Forehand’s baseball team, he hit 7 seven home runs, and helped the team to win the 2005 TranSouth Athletic Conference.
In 2005, He began learning MMA fighting skills and boxing skills from Marcus Marinelli. He won the Cleveland Golden Gloves boxing championship and also became NCAA Division, 1 wrestler.
How is Stipe Miocic’s career?
- Stipe Miocic started his MMA career by winning six fights via knockout. He started fighting for NAAFS and he also won NAAFS Heavyweight Championship within few months after joining NAAFS.
- He started his professional UFC career by signing a deal with UFC on 14th June 2011. On 8th October, he made his UFC debut with a win against Joey Beltran via unanimous decision.
- On 15th February 2012, he defeated Phil De Fries in his second UFC match with a KO in the 1st round. His win earned him his first bonus of the “Knockout of the Night Award”. He also won a match against Stefan Struve at UFC 146 on 26th May via TKO in the 2nd round.
- On 25th January 2014, he won a UFC match against Gabriel Gonzaga via unanimous decision. He suffered his first loss in a match against Junior Dos Santos and their fight became memorable so, both the fighters got ‘Fight of the Night” honor.
- On 10th May 2015, he set a UFC record for the most strikes in the fight and the largest strike margin of 361-48 in a one-sided fight against Mark Hunt and defeated him via TKO without giving him chance to strike.
- He earned his second “Performance of the Night” bonus after defeating Andrei Arlovski through TKO at 0:54 in the 1st round on 2nd January 2016.
- On 14th May, he became the UFC heavyweight champion for the first time after defeating the reigning champion, Fabricio Werdum. Werdum was an undisputed champion since June 2011.
- He made his 1st title defense on 10th September against Alistair Overeem via knockout in the 1st round on 10th September.
- On 13th May 2017, he made his 2nd title defense against Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211 via knockout in the 1st round.
- On 20th January 2018, he faced Francis Ngannou for the title at UFC 220 and he dominated him for five rounds using strikes and won via unanimous decision. He successfully defended his title for the third time.
- After winning the match, he broke the record for most consecutive title defenses for the championship three times
- On 7th July 2018, He faced UFC light heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier for defending his UFC heavyweight championship title. The Champion VS The Champion match was billed as “The Superfight”.
- But, Miocic could not defend his title for the fourth time as he lost the fight in the 1st round via knockout. His loss ended the longest heavyweight title reign in UFC.
- On 17th August 2019, there is a rematch scheduled for the title between him and UFC heavyweight champion, Daniel at UFC 241.
Who is Stipe Miocic married to?
The American UFC fighter, Stipe Miocic is married to his longtime girlfriend, Ryan Marie Carney. The couple tied their knot with each other on 18th June 2016 in Ohio. The couple gave birth to a daughter, Meelah Clare Miocic on 27th July 2018.
His family is happily living together in Ohio, US. He also works as a part-time firefighter.
He is also active in social media with 793k followers on Instagram.
What is the net worth of Stipe Miocic?
The former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Stipe Miocic has an estimated net worth of $15 million USD in 2019.
His worth includes the earning from his UFC fights, his championship titles, and all his properties. It also includes the bonus from UFC and his part-time profession of free-fighter.
How tall is Stipe Miocic?
The 36 years aged, Stipe Miocic has an athletic body. He stands 6ft 4inches(193cm) tall and has a bodyweight of 112kg(246 lbs).
He is a very handsome fighter. He has a fair complexion with black hair and blue eyes.