Susan Boyle is a British singer who rose to fame after her appearance on Britain's Got Talent.
Facts of Susan Boyle
|Full Name:||Susan Boyle|
|Age:||61 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||April 01, 1961|
|Birth Place:||West Lothian, Scotland|
|Net Worth:||£26 million|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Patrick Boyle.|
|Education:||Edinburgh’s Queen Margaret University|
|Height / How tall :||5.4 inch|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Susan Boyle|
Susan Boyle is a British singer who rose to fame after her appearance on Britain’s Got Talent. However, she didn’t win the show but her outstanding performance helped her gain media attention and fan following. She has released seven albums. In 2013-14, she toured in different parts of Europe. Boyle has won two Grammy nomination and won Scottish Music Awards for two times.
- Her appearance on Britain’s Got Talent.
- Winner of Scottish Music Awards for two times.
What nationality is Susan Boyle?
Boyle was born in Blackburn, West Lothian, Scotland as Susan Magdalane Boyle. She was born to parents Bridget and Patrick Boyle. Her mother was a shorthand typist and her father was a miner and veteran of the Second World War. Additionally, she was the youngest of four brothers and five sisters. Boyle has Asperger syndrome and was bullied as a child. She became interested in singing as a child. She is of British and Scottish nationality. Furthermore, she belongs to the Irish ethnic background.
Talking about her education, Boyle attended left the school without graduating. In addition, she later attended Edinburgh Acting School. She has an honorary doctorate for her contribution to the creative industries from Edinburgh’s Queen Margaret University.
What is Susan Boyle doing now?
- In 1995, Susan auditioned for ‘My Kind of People,’ a show run by ace TV presenter Michael Barrymore. She was rejected despite performing brilliantly. Her brother later said that she was rejected due to her unconventional looks. However, this could not affect her confidence, and she continued to perform at local clubs and pubs.
- Susan’s struggle came to a brief halt when her father passed away in 1997. She quit everything and returned to take care of her ailing mother. Her mother motivated her to follow her dreams instead. With her mother’s support, Susan started saving and prepared a demo tape, which she then sent to various record labels, TV stations, and radio stations.
- In the middle of trying to build her music career, Susan suffered another major loss, when her sister Kathleen died of an asthma attack. Susan was devastated but decided to turn to music for solace and serenity. Feeling that she required some professional singing lessons, she hired singing coach Fred O’Neil in 2002 and started training herself.
- After her mother’s death in 2007, she became devastated and dedicated her life to charitable causes. She decided to quit music forever, as she was going nowhere with it. However, in August 2008, her coach, Fred, urged her to audition for ‘Britain’s Got Talent.’
- She decided to audition as a final tribute to her mother. In the audition, which was aired in April 2009, she sang ‘I Dreamed a Dream.’ The song was viewed by a record number of audiences, and she was immediately selected for the next round.
- The video of her audition has been watched by more than 27 million people on ‘YouTube’ to date. Susan’s performance is regarded as one of the best auditions on a talent show. Boyle was one of the 40 semi-finalists of the show. By the end of the show, she had become the fan favorite, but she eventually lost in the finals to the dance group ‘Diversity.’
- In November 2009, Susan released her debut album, ‘I Dreamed a Dream,’ and it became an instant success. It was regarded as the highest-selling British debut album of all time. The titular single from the album, ‘I Dreamed a Dream,’ became a chart-topping success. Within the first week of its release, the album sold more than 400 thousand copies in the UK alone. Meanwhile, in the US, the album sold more than 700 thousand copies in the first week itself.
- In December 2009, following the roaring success of her debut musical effort, Susan appeared in a TV special titled ‘I Dreamed a Dream: the Susan Boyle Story.’ On the show, she performed a duet with Elaine Paige, which was watched by more than 10 million people in the UK. In the US, the show became the highest-rated TV special in the history of ‘TV Guide Network.’
- In 2010, Susan released her sophomore album, ‘The Gift,’ which was another success story for her. She became one of the three acts ever to have two chart-topping hits, both in the US and the UK, in the same year. In 2011, she released her third album, ‘Someone to Watch Over Me,’ to immense critical and commercial appreciation.
- She released three more albums till 2014 and established herself as one of the most popular contemporary singers. In 2014, after the release of her sixth album, ‘Hope,’ Susan took a break from music, to spend some quality time with her friends and family. In 2016, she released her latest album, ‘A Wonderful World.’
- Susan has also starred in the film ‘The Christmas Candle.’
- In September 2018, Boyle was confirmed to be a contestant on America’s Got Talent: The Champions. When asked why she joined the competition, she stated that she wanted to win this time. She performed on 7 January, singing “Wild Horses” from her 2009 debut album I Dreamed a Dream and received a golden buzzer from judge Mel B. She progressed straight to the finals where she sang the song I Dreamed a Dream from her original audition back in 2009.
How wealthy is Susan Boyle?
The Scottish singer has earned a quite impressive net worth from her singing career. She has an estimated net worth of £26 million. Despite that, she owns a £300 fur coat and is fond of Chanel No.5.
She lives in Blackburn where she bought the house of £65,000. She also paid £300,000 for a brand-new five-bedroom house but found it hard to settle is so moved in her niece and shifted back to the ex-council house.
Who is Susan Boyle’s boyfriend?
Susan Boyle is currently single. There are no records available about her past relationships. Currently, she resides in the family home, a four-bedroom ex-council house in Blackburn. In November 2014, it was reported that Boyle was dating her first boyfriend, who was “around the same age” as she was.
Furthermore, Boyle is active on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. She has over 1M followers. Similarly, she has over 27.2k followers on Instagram and 32.7k followers on Twitter.
Body Measurements of Susan Boyle
Talking about her body measurement, Boyle has a height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m). Additionally, she weighs around 85 kg. Furthermore, her hair color and eye color is dark brown.