Facts of Susan Dey
|Full Name:||Susan Dey|
|Age:||69 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||December 10, 1952|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Susan Dey|
Susan Dey is an American actress and producer. She is best known for her television roles as Laurie Partridge on a sitcom entitled “The Partridge Family”. She is also famous for her role as Grace Van Owen on the famous NBC drama series “L.A. Law”.She won a Golden Globe Award in the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama for her role in “L.A. Law” in the year 1988. She was also nominated for Golden Globe Award in each of the subsequent four years.
What is Susan Dey famous for?
- Her television roles as Laurie Partridge on the sitcom entitled “The Partridge Family”.
Where was Susan Dey born?
Susan Dey was born on December 10, 1952, in Pekin, Illinois, the USA. Her birth name is Susan Hallock Dey. She was born to father, Robert Smith Dey, and mother, Ruth Pyle Dey. Her mother died when she was eight years old. She holds an American nationality and belongs to a White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Columbus Elementary School in Thornwood, New York. After her schooling, she attended Fox Lane High School and graduated in 1970.
Susan Dey’s Career Highlights
- Susan Dey was a model before starting her acting career.
- At age of 17, she featured as Laurie Partridge infamous television series entitled “The Partridge Family” which ran September 25, 1970, until March 23, 1974, on the ABC.
- Her first film role was as a passenger, ‘Elly Brewster’ in the 1972 airline hijack movie “Skyjacked”.
- In 1973, she appeared in horror television series “Circle of Fear” on the one episode: “Doorway to Death”. In the same year, she has also performed as a voice artist in an American animated television series “Goober and the Ghost Chasers” as Laurie Partridge.
- In 1974, she performed as a voice artist in animated TV series “Partridge Family 2200 A.D.”.
- In 1975, she starred in the made-for-television drama film “Cage Without a Key” as Valerie Smith.
- In 1977, she starred as the co-star along with Kenneth Gliman in the short-lived sitcom “Loves Me, Loves Me Not”. She also starred in the TV film “Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night” as Rowena Harper and a romantic drama film “First Love” as Caroline.
- Thereafter, she appeared in several TV series and films such as, “Little Women”, “The Comeback Kid”, “Looker”, “Malibu” and “Love Leads the Way”.
- She starred on “L.A. Law”, an American legal drama television series from 1986 through 1992 as Los Angeles County deputy district attorney “Grace Van Owen”, who later became a judge.
- In 1992, she hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live. In the same year, she also co-starred in the sitcom Love & War but she was replaced in 1993 by Annie Potts.
- In 1993, she produced and starred in “Lies & Lullabies”, where she played a pregnant cocaine addict.
- In 1995, she appeared in such movies “Deadly Love” and “Blue River”.
- In 1999, Susan starred in a legal drama television series “Family Law” on the Episode: “Holt vs. Holt”.
- In 2002, she starred in the TV drama film “L.A. Law: The Movie” as Grace Van Owen and TV film “Disappearance” as Patty Henley.
Susan Dey’s Awards and Nominations
- Susan Dey has won a Golden Globe Award in the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama for her role in “L.A. Law” in the year 1988. She was also nominated for Golden Globe Award in each of the subsequent four years.
- She has achieved nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award in the category of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in the year 1987, 1988, as well as the year 1989.
- She has won Bravo Otto Award in the category of Best Female TV Star in the years 1973, 1974, 1975, and 1976.
- In 2004, she has won a TV Land Award in the category of Favorite Teen Dream – Female for her work in “The Partridge Family”.
Susan Dey’s Husband
Susan Day is a married woman. She has been married to a television producer named Bernard Sofronski since the year 1988.
Previously, she was married to Leonard “Lenny” Hirshan from 1976 till 1981. The couple blessed with a daughter named Sarah Dey-Hirshan in 1978.
Susan Dey’s Height and Weight
Susan Dey is a gorgeous lady in her late 60s. She stands a height of 1.7 m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall while her body weights 55 kg (121 lbs.). She has a banana-shaped body with measurements of 34-24-34 inches. She wears a bra size of 34A and her shoe size is 9 (US). She has short blonde hair and green eyes. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Susan Dey’s Net worth
As an American actress and model, Susan Dey has earned quite a good earning. Аѕ оf 2020, Ѕuѕаn Dеу hаѕ аn еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth оf $12 mіllіоn dollars. She makes most of her income by working on several TV series and movies.