Facts of Ta-Nehisi Coates
|Full Name:||Ta-Nehisi Coates|
|Age:||47 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||September 30, 1975|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ta-Nehisi Coates|
Ta-Nehisi Paul Coates simply named as Ta-Nehisi Coates is a popular American author, journalist, comic book writer as well as educator. He is a multi-talented person. He is also a correspondent for “The Atlantic”, where he writes about cultural, social and political issues, particularly regarding African Americans. He is also a writer of a “Black Panther” series for Marvel Comics. By profession, he is a Writer and Journalist.
Best Known For:
- Coates is best known for his writings on the theme of racism and social injustice.
Early Life of Coates
42 years, Coates was born on 30th September 1975 in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. He was born to William Paul Coates and Cheryl Lynn, his parents. His real name is Ta-Nehisi Paul Coates. His nationality is American. Since his childhood, he is very interested in books. He attended numerous school including William H. Lemmel Middle School and Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, before graduating from Woodlawn High School. He completed his education at Howard University. His birth sign is Libra.
Body Features of Coates
His information on height, weight has not been revealed yet. The hair color and the eye color of Coates is Black.
Career of Coates
- Coates started his career in the field of Journalism as a reporter at “The Washington City Paper” and worked from 2000 to 2007 in many publications.
- For “The Atlantic”, his very first article was “This Is How We Lost to the White Man” and made him successful in his career.
- Then, he became the senior editor in “The Atlantic” and wrote many articles about politics, history, music, culture and so on.
- He wrote about race on the topic: “Fear of a Black President” in 2012, “The Case for Reparations” in 2014.
- In the year 2008, he published “The Beautiful Struggle”, “Between the World and Me” in 2015, “Black Panther” in 2016, “We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy” in 2017 which explores the topic of the presidency of Barack Obama following the election of Donald Trump.
- He was also the 2012–14 MLK visiting professor for writing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- He also won Best Blog of 2011 by “Time Magazine” and the 2012 Hillman Prize for Opinion & Analysis Journalism from The Sidney Hillman Foundation.
- In the year 2017, Cornel West published an editorial in “The Guardian” entitled “Ta-Nehisi Coates is the neoliberal face of the black freedom struggle”. This article also includes part of Obama.
- Presently, Coates is a national correspondent at “The Atlantic”.
Awards of Coates
Coates has won 2014 George Polk Award for commentary, 2015 MacArthur Fellows Program, 2015 National Book Award for Nonfiction.
Affairs of Coates
Coates is a married man. He married Kenyatta Matthews. The couple is blessed with a single child named Samori Maceo-Paul Coates. The couple is living happily and there is no any sign of separation between them.
Net Worth of Coates
The net worth and salary of Coates is not revealed yet but there is no doubt that he is earning a lot. His book “Between World and Me” sold 1.5 Million copies worldwide earning estimated $30 Million. He is satisfied with his earning.