Tetsuya Nomura is a Japanese video game artist, designer and director working for Square Enix.
Video Game Designer
Facts of Tetsuya Nomura
|Full Name:||Tetsuya Nomura|
|Age:||53 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||October 08, 1970|
|Birth Place:||Kochi Prefecture, Japan|
|Profession:||Video Game Designer|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Height / How tall :||5.9 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tetsuya Nomura|
I'm not the type of person that would shrink down when people tease me. I'm gonna fight back! I'm gonna go back at it and do it more. So, if people egg me on saying 'oh, Kingdom Hearts III is delayed' well, I might even delay it further!
If two people share one, their destinies become intertwined. They'll remain a part of each other's lives no matter what.
Walking this road without you to remake forgotten promises
Tetsuya Nomura is a Japanese video game artist, designer, and director who currently works for Square Enix, formerly known as “Square” since 1991. He has also designed characters for the Final Fantasy Series, starting with Final Fantasy VI. He also directed the CGI film “Final Fantasy VIII: Advent Children.
What is Tetsuya Nomura famous for?
- Famous as the character designer of Final Fantasy Series
- At present, Tetsuya Nomura is busy with his new work “Kingdom Hearts III” as he directs it and is the main character designer of it.
- He will also be a director and character designer of the Final Fantasy VII remake in 2020.
When was Tetsuya Nomura born?
Tetsuya Nomura was born on 8th October 1970 in Kochi Prefecture, Japan. His birth name is Nomura Tetsuya. Japanese is his nationality. His ethnicity is Asian. Libra is his zodiac sign.
He was born in an Asian ethics family. His parent’s name is unknown.
He was raised in his hometown, Kochi Prefecture. At the age of 3, he began drawing and had his own Sugoroku game during he was in school. His father bought a computer for him when he was in high school. During those days, his favorite game was Dragan Quest as it contained story elements. His father encouraged him to have an interest in art and games.
He also met Final Fantasy illustrator, Yoshitaka Amano during his school days and build an aim to be a video game artist. He also learned magazine and advertising artwork in a vocational school. In 1996, he started looking for an advertising job at a publishing company.
Tetsuya Nomura’s Career: Final Fantasy
- Tetsuya Nomura started his professional career by being hired by Square in 1991 as a Debugger in Final Fantasy IV.
- In the year 1994, he became the graphic director of the video game “Final Fantasy VI” after, his designs impressed Hironobu Sakaguchi and Yoshinori Kitase.
- He also became the story writer as well as a character designer and battle visual director for “Final Fantasy VIII” in 1999.
- In 2002, he also started his career as a director by directing a video game “Kingdom Hearts”.
- He made the design of characters, Hume and Elvan in Final Fantasy XI in 2002 and also was the main character designer of “Final Fantasy X-2” in 2003.
- In 2005, he became the supervisor director for Last Order: Final Fantasy VII and also was the main character designer of the Kingdom’s Heart II.
- He was the monster designer in Final Fantasy V Advance and Character designer in Final Fantasy VI Advance in 2006.
- He has worked in all the parts of the Final Fantasy series from Final Fantasy IV in 1991 to date.
- Other than the Final Fantasy Series, he has also worked in video games such as Live a Lion, Super Mario RPG, The Bouncer, Monotone, Ellark, Kingdom Hearts series, Tekken 7, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- At present, he is busy with the Final Fantasy VII Remake which will be released in 2020. He will be the director and character designer of it.
Who is Tetsuya Nomura married to?
The Japanese video game artist, Tetsuya Nomura is not married yet. He is also not in any relationship. At present, he is living in Tokyo, Japan.
He has also won the “Excellence in Visual Arts” Award International Game Developers Association for his work on the first Kingdom Hearts game.
What is the net worth of Tetsuya Nomura?
The Japanese video game artist, Tetsuya Nomura has an estimated net worth of $1.3 million USD as of 2019 and his salary hasn’t been disclosed yet. His worth includes all his property and his present earnings. At present, he is living a comfortable life due to his present earnings. He ranked no. 84 inn IGN’s “The Top 100 Video Game Creators of all Time” in 2019.
How tall is Tetsuya Nomura?
The 48 years aged, Tetsuya Nomura has a well-maintained body. He stands at a height of 5ft 9inches(1.75m). He has a weight of 79kg(174 lbs). He has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes. His shoe size is 6(US).