Facts of Thandie Newton
|Full Name:||Thandie Newton|
|Age:||51 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||November 06, 1972|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Thandie Newton|
Thandie Newton is an English actress who is well known for her portrayal as Christine in an Academy Award-winning movie, “Crash”(2004). She first gained recognition for her role as a faithful house slave, Yvette in the horror film, “Interview with the Vampire”(1994). In her over 20 years long career, she has played several roles representing the downtrodden black community in Europe and America.
Newton also has played the role of a sentient android, the madam Maeve Millay, in the HBO science fiction-western series, “Westworld” in 2016. In a recent interview in June 2020, Newton explained that she dropped out of a blockbuster movie role 20 years ago in 2000 film adaptation of “Charlie’s Angels” because she felt objectified in casting meetings and for her character being sexist and racist.
Besides, Newton is quite active in social media sites with over 261k followers on her Instagram: @thandienewton.
What is Thandie Newton Famous for?
- Famous for her performance in “Interview with the Vampire” and “Crash”.
Thandie Newton Nationality
Thandie Newton was born on November 6, 1972, in Westminster, London, England. Her birth name is Melanie Thandiwe Newton. Her nationality is British. Newton belongs to mixed ethnicity while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Thandie was born in a renowned family as the daughter of Nick Newton(father) and Nyasha(mother). Her mother, Nyasha was a Zimbabwean princess of the Shona people while her father, Nick is an English laboratory technician and artist.
When she was very young, she was in Zambia after which her family moved to England where she grew up with a vibe that she didn’t fit in the all-white Catholic school. She has a younger brother named Jamie.
She studied dance at the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, however, she couldn’t continue due to a back injury. Later, she got graduated earning a degree in social anthropology from Downing College in Cambridge.
Thandie Newton Career: Movies and TV Shows
- Thandie Newton made her film debut with a role of Thandiwe Adjewa in a comedy movie, “Flirting” in 1991.
- She then played minor roles in movies like “The Young Americans” and “Loaded”. She also appeared in a short film, “Pirate Prince”.
- Newton got her first recognition with the role of a faithful house slave, Yvette in the horror film, “Interview with the Vampire” in 1994.
- In 1995, she appeared as Sally Hemings in a historical drama, “Jefferson in Paris”.
- Newton got another breakthrough with her title character as the ghost of a young slave girl in a horror tragedy film, “Beloved” in 1998.
- She then starred as Nyah Nordoff-Hall alongside Tom Cruise, in an action spy film, “Mission: Impossible 2” in 2000.
- Her next role was in the low-budget film, “It Was an Accident” as Noreen Hurlock. It is the same movie written by her husband, screenwriter Ol Parker.
- Newton began playing the role of Makemba “Kem” Likasu on the American television series, “ER” in 2003 till 2005.
- Newton further got much recognition for her roles in films such as “The Truth About Charlie”(2002), “Shade”(2003), “The Chronicles of Riddick”(2004).
- In 2004, she got the role of Christine in an Academy Award-winning movie, “Crash”. For her role, she won a BAFTA award for Best Supporting Actress in 2006.
- Newton co-starred with Eddie Murphy in the comedy, “Norbit” in 2007, followed by a comedy film, “Run Fatboy Run” in 2008.
- She next portrayed US National Security Advisor-turned Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in W., Oliver Stone’s biography of President George W. Bush in 2008.
- In 2009, she portrayed fictional US First Daughter Laura Wilson in a disaster film, “2012”.
- In 2012, she starred alongside Tyler Perry in the romantic drama film, “Good Deeds”.
- She then starred in the first original drama series for DirecTV’s Audience Network, “Rogue” in 2013.
- Newton began portraying Maeve Millay in the HBO sci-fi drama series, “Westworld” in 2016.
- In 2017, she appeared as DCI Roseanne “Roz” Huntley in a series, “Line of Duty”.
- She then was seen in several movies including “Gringo”, “Solo: A Star Wars Story” and “The Death and Life of John F. Donovan” in 2018.
- She will be seen ib a sci-fi drama film, “Reminiscence”.
Thandie Newton Husband
Thandie Newton is currently married to Ol Parker. Parker is an English writer, director, and producer with whom she even has worked together as Noreen Hurlock in a film written and him, “It Was an Accident”. They got married in 1998 and together share 3 children: 2 daughters Ripley(b. 2000) and Nico(b. 2004), and son Booker Jombe(b. 2014).
Also, Newton had home births with all three of her children. Previously, when she was just 16, she was in a relationship with Australian film director John Duigan. Duigan and Newton dated for 6 years however, they couldn’t continue with their relationship so far.
Besides, she is vegan and was named PETA’s “Sexiest Vegan of 2014” in the UK. She also has been an activist in the field of child welfare and even has written a book titled “We Wish: Hopes and Dreams of Cornwall’s Children”.
Thandie Newton Net Worth
Thandie Newton has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress Having been in this field of acting and show business for over, Newton has managed to earn quite a healthy fortune from her movies and series. Her net worth is estimated to be around $12 million.
Thandie Newton Height
Thandie Newton is a gorgeous lady in her 40s. With her marvelous acting skills and heart-warming smile, Newton has managed to win several hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 3inches(1.60 m) while her body weighs around 50kg(110lbs).
She has a perfectly maintained slim body physique of measurement 34-25-35 inches with 32A as her bra size and 2(US) as her dress size. She has a brown complexion with black hair and brown eyes.