Retired Rugby Union Player
Facts of Thom Evans
|Full Name:||Thom Evans|
|Age:||38 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||April 02, 1985|
|Profession:||Retired Rugby Union Player|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Thom Evans|
Thomas Evans is a former Scottish international rugby union player and model. He started his professional career from English club London Wasps in 2004 later joining Scottish club Glasgow Warriors in 2006. He represented England at youth levels and Scotland as a senior. He retired from rugby union at the age of 24 after suffering a serious neck injury. He later became a television personality and appeared in popular tv series including The X Factor: Celebrity and Strictly Come Dancing. He gained widespread attention after he was introduced as the boyfriend of popular singer Nicole Scherzinger.
He has over 198k followers on his Instagram @te11.
What is Thom Evans Famous For?
- Boyfriend of Nicole Scherzinger.
- Former rugby union player.
Where was Thom Evans Born?
Thom Evans was born on 2 April 1985. His birth place is in Harare in Zimbabwe. He holds a Scottish nationality. He was born to Scottish parents, Brian Evans, a father, and Sally Evans, a mother. His zodiac sign is Aries. He has a brother Max Evans.
He studied at Windlesham House School, West Sussex, and Wellington College, Berkshire in England.
Thom Evans Professional Rugby Union Playing career
- Thom Evans started his professional rugby union career from the English club London Wasps in 2004. However, he made very few appearances for the team.
- He then transferred to Scottish club Glasgow Warriors in 2006.
- He played for Glasgow Warriors from 2006 until his injury in 2010.
- He had represented England at U16, U18, and U21 level.
- He later chose to represent Scotland.
- He represented Scotland at 7’s team in 2007.
- He later made his senior international debut in 2008 against Argentina.
- He was named in the pre 6 Nations 30-man squad for the 2008 Six Nations.
- During the Six Nations fixture against Wales on 13 February 2010, Evans sustained a severe neck injury after he collided with Welsh player Lee Byrne.
- Evans had to be stretchered off the pitch and rushed to the hospital, where he underwent neck surgery.
- He underwent a second surgery to stabilize his spine. It was later stated that Evans was a millimeter away from paralysis or even worse death.
- He spent four months in rehabilitation and was suggested to retire.
- Evans officially announced his retirement from all codes of rugby after the Wales v South Africa test match in the Autumn Internationals of 2010.
- Evans intended to return to the sprinting circuit. He finished fourth in indoor competition in the Scottish Senior Championships with a personal best of 7.20 for the 60m.
- He ran personal bests of 11.26 for the 100m and 23.14 for the 200m during the outdoor season.
- However, Evans decided not to continue his athletics career.
- Evans instead chose to pursue an acting career.
- Evans was a member of the pop band Twen2ySe7en. Throughout 2004, the band toured as a supporting act for Westlife, McFly, and Peter Andre.
- Following his retirement from rugby union, he served as an analyst for ITV’s coverage of the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
- Evans appeared as a contestant in the 12th season of BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing in 2014. He was partnered with Lithuanian professional dancer Iveta Lukosiute. Evans was eliminated in the 5th week.
- Evans appeared alongside other celebrities in the first series of the TV Show Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls in 2016. Evans left the island early stating he faced difficulties dealing with the lack of food.
- Evans appeared as a contestant in The X Factor: Celebrity in 2019. He was a member of the group, Try Star. The team finished in fifth place.
Who is Thom Evans Dating?
Thom Evans is unmarried but not single. He is currently dating popular American singer, dancer, and actress, Nicole Scherzinger. The couple met on The X Factor: Celebrity, where Nicole was a judge, and Evans was a contestant. The rumors of them dating surfaced in January 2020.
Evans previously dated English actress Kelly Brook. Brook announced via Twitter in March 2011 that she was pregnant with Evans’ child. However, Brook miscarried. The couple broke up in early 2013.
How Tall is Thom Evans?
Thom Evans stands at a height of 1.88 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of 201 lbs i.e. 91 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has a chest size of 42 inches and a waist size of 32 inches. He wears a shoe size of 11 (US). He has brown eyes and his hair color is also brown.
What is Thom Evans Net Worth?
Thom Evans started his career as a professional rugby union player. He earns from his contract and salary. However, a severe neck injury ended his rugby career in 2010. He later became a media personality and has appeared in several popular tv shows including Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor: Celebrity. He appeared along with Chris Paterson and Ross Ford on cereal boxes for Scott’s Porage Oats in 2011. His net worth will be updated soon.