Thomas Gibson is an American actor and director.
Facts of Thomas Gibson
|Full Name:||Thomas Gibson|
|Age:||60 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||July 03, 1962|
|Birth Place:||South Carolina, USA|
|Net Worth:||$18 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Beth Gibson|
|Mother's Name:||Charles M. Gibson|
|Education:||College of Charleston|
|Height / How tall :||6.1 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Thomas Gibson|
Thomas Gibson is an American actor and director who portrayed Daniel Nyland in the CBS series Chicago Hope. He has also Portrayed Greg Montgomery on the ABC series Dharma & Greg, and also Aaron Hotchner on the CBS series Criminal Minds (2005–2016).
- An American actor and director.
- The CBS series Chicago Hope in which he portrayed the role of Daniel Nyland, ABC series Dharma & Greg as Greg Montgomery and CBS series Criminal Minds as Aaron Hotchner.
Gossip and Rumors
There were rumors that Thomas Gibson has cancer due to the apparent weight loss. However, the rumors have never been confirmed.
Early Life of Thomas Gibson
Thomas Gibson was born as Thomas Ellis Gibson. He was born in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America. He was born as the son of mother Beth Gibson and father Charles M. “Mac” Gibson. His mother was a social worker and his father was a lawyer and liberal Democrat. His ethnicity is mixed (Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh ancestry) and nationality is American. His star sign is Cancer. There is no information about Gibson’s siblings.
He was raised in Roman Catholic background. He became more interested in acting since his childhood days.
Taking about his education, He studied at the Little Theater School and the Bishop England High School. In the period between 1979 and 1981, he studied at the College of Charleston. Later, he got a scholarship for studying at the reputable Juilliard School, from which he graduated in 1985 with a B.F.A. degree.
Career of Thomas Gibson
- Thomas made his stage debut in David Hare’s ‘A Map of the World’ in the New York Shakespeare Festival. He also kept on performing in several plays for producer Joe Pap whether in Central Park or in Public Theatre.
- He even worked on and off Broadway for the next ten years playing a diverse role in plays by Shakespeare, Moliere, Tennesy Williams, Romulus Linney, Allan Ball to name a few. His big- break came when he was asked to debut as a guest role as Robbie on CBS’s Legal Drama television series ‘Leg Work’ in 1987. This followed with other television performances like Guiding Light as Peter Latham, Lincoln as William Sprague, Chicago Hope as Daniel Nyland and Caroline in the City as William Stevens.
- Thomas is most popularly known for the Dharma &Greg series (1997-2002) where he plays the role of a conservative lawyer who is married to a free-spirited yoga instructor Dharma on his first date as is stated ‘opposites attract each other’. Their contradictory point of views created comical and hilarious situations and was appreciated a lot by the viewers. This series won one Golden Globe Award. Thomas has also directed the last two seasons of this series (2001-2002)
- He also acted in the ‘Criminal Minds’ television series for 6 seasons (2005-2016) as agent Aaron Hotchner. The program dealt with the F.B.I Behavioral Analysis Unit, an elite group of profilers who analyze the serious criminals and serial killers and how they can prevent them from their next strike. It was nominated for three Primetime Emmy’s. He has also directed six series of this show from 2013 to 2016.
- Gibson also acted in two American sitcoms like ‘Two and a Half Men’ as Greg (2011) and ‘Hot in Cleveland’ as Tom (2015).
- Thomas debuted in films with the romantic adventure ‘Far and Away’ where he shared screen presence with veteran actors like Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in 1992. In this film, he plays the villainous rival of Joseph Donnelly (Tom Cruise) for Shannon Christe’s (Nicole Kidman) affection.
- He played the role of a homosexual waiter David in the film ‘Love and the Human Remains’ in 1993. Then onwards he has acted in many films like action film ‘Men of War’ (1994) as Warren, comedy, drama film ‘Sleep with Me’ as Nigel, ‘Manhood’ as Faith’s Attorney (2003). Thomas was very much appreciated for his role portrayal as Carl in the erotic drama film ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ (1999) along with Tom Cruise.
- He has given his voice as Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke for the film ‘Son of Batman’ (2014) and lately as the voice of Joseph in ‘Axis’ (2017).
- In 2018, He appeared as a Colonel Branson in Shadow Wolves.
Awards and Achievements of Thomas Gibson
Moving towards his Awards and Achievements, he has won Entertainment Weekly online poll award in 2010 for Criminal Minds. Apart from this, he was nominated for seven awards; Screen Actors Guild Award (03 Times), Q Awards, Golden Globe (02 Times), and Satellite Award till present date.
Net Worth of Thomas Gibson
Thomas Gibson has been active in the field of acting and showcased his wide range of acting skill in various projects. The actor has also played numerous breakout roles in several commercially successful movies which helped him to boost up his net worth.
As per celebrity net worth, He has a net worth of around $ 18 million, in 2019 and salary $ 5 million per year. The actor gained worldwide fame following his marvelous performance in one of the most viewed TV series Criminal Minds where he was paid $100 K and $200 K in 2010 and 2014 respectively.
Personal Life of Thomas Gibson
Talking about his personal life, Thomas Gibson has been linked with many women in the past but there is no official confirmation about the affair. Besides acting, he has a great interest in sports he is a very good golf player. He has also a great interest in music.
Gibson was married to Christine Gibson in 1993. They have three children the eldest son is James Parker Gibson (born 1999), the other on is Travis Carter Gibson (born 2002) and youngest daughter Agatha Marie Gibson (born 2004). He currently lives with his family in San Antonio, Texas, which is also his wife’s home town.
Currently, there is news about their separation because of misunderstanding in their relationship. It seems they may get divorced too. And the two parted ways in the year 2011 and filed for divorce in 2014. The two finalized their divorce on 14th February 2018. Following his divorce with his wife Christine, Thomas is leading a low profile life.
Body Measurements of Thomas Gibson
Talking about his physics, He has a height of 6ft 1 ½ inch. and weighs around 75 Kg. His body measurements are 42-15-34 inches include chest, biceps, and waist respectively. Similarly, He has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. His other body information such as shoe and dress size will be updated soon.