Actor and Singer
Facts of Tim Curry
|Full Name:||Tim Curry|
|Age:||77 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||April 19, 1946|
|Profession:||Actor and Singer|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tim Curry|
Тіm Сurrу іѕ аn Еnglіѕh асtоr, соmеdіаn, vоісе асtоr, аnd ѕіngеr, whо іѕ bеѕt rесоgnіzеd fоr hіѕ wоrk dоnе іn а vаrіеd rаngе оf fіlm, thеаtrе, аnd tеlеvіѕіоn рrоduсtіоnѕ, rеgulаrlу rерrеѕеntіng vіllаіnоuѕ rоlеѕ оr сhаrасtеr раrtѕ. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Tim Curry famous for?
- An English actor and singer.
- He’s working in a diverse range of theatre, film, and television, most often portraying villainous characters.
When was Tim Curry born?
Recalling his early life, Tim was born in Grappenhall, Cheshire to her parents; James Curry and Patricia Curry in the year 1946. He has a sibling named Judith Curry. Similarly, He spent most of his childhood in Plymouth, Devon. After his father’s death from pneumonia in 1958, his family moved to South London. He is of British nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Aries.
For education, He went to boarding school and attended Kingswood School in Bath, Somerset. Later, He graduated from the University of Birmingham with a combined degree in English and Drama.
When did Tim Curry begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Tim began his acting career as a stage artist. His first big role was as Woof in the musical ‘Hair’ in 1968. At the sets of the play, he met Richard O’Brien who wrote the role of Dr. Frank N. Furter in ‘The Rocky Horror Show’.
- In 1973, he played for the first time the role that would become synonymous with his name: Dr. Frank N. Furter. The wild-haired Curry effortlessly fits into the role of the cruel and evil mad scientist and hyper-sexualized transvestite in the stage production of ‘The Rocky Horror Show’.
- He reprised the role of Dr. Frank in the film version of the Broadway play, ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ in 1975. His performance as the crazy villain was highly appreciated and overnight he became a cult star.
- In 1978, he played Robert Graves in the horror film, ‘The Shout’ which revolved around a mysterious traveling man who stalks a young couple. This was followed by a role in the 1980 film ‘Times Square’ which was about two teenage runaways.
- He starred along with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, and David Bennent in the fantasy adventure film, ‘Legend’ in 1985. The director, Ridley Scott cast Curry in the role after being impressed by his performance in ‘The Rocky Horror Show’. The movie became a cult classic.
- By now he had been typecast as a villainous character. He portrayed the sadistic clown, Pennywise in the horror miniseries ‘It’ (1991) which was based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name.
- He played Long John Silver, a deceptively charming pirate in the musical adventure comedy, ‘Muppet Treasure Island’ in 1996. The film was based on the book, ‘Treasure Island’ and also had Billy Connolly, Jennifer Saunders, and Kevin Bishop.
- In ‘Pirates of the Plain’ (1999) he played a self-centered pirate, Jezebel Jack who gets transported to the future where he meets a boy, Bobby. It was an independent family adventure film, shot in Cape Town, South Africa.
- He portrayed Thurman Rice in the 2004 biographical drama film, ‘Kinsey’ which described the life of Alfred Kinsey, an expert in sexology. The movie was a critical success.
- He played Percy in the film ‘Queer Duck’ (2006) which had homosexuality as its major theme. The film had extreme pop culture references and earned good reviews from the critics.
- In 2010, he appeared in the black comedy film ‘Burke & Hare’ which was based on the Burke & Hare murders. The same year he also lent his voice to the movies ‘Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey!’ and ‘A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures’.
- As a musician, he has worked on various soundtrack records. He also released a couple of albums which were a moderate success. He is also a voice actor and has lent his voice to several films.
- From May to August 2011, He was scheduled to portray the Player in a Trevor Nunn stage production of Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Chichester Festival Theatre and then in London.
- His career in theatre was honored on 7th June 2015 at the Actors Fund’s 19th annual Tony Awards Viewing Party, where he was awarded an Artistic Achievement Award.
- In 2016, He played The Criminologist in the television film remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- On 25th June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Tim Curry among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
Who is Tim Curry married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Tim has never been married. Previously, he dated Marcia Hurwitz in 2005 and Maria Drujko in 2008. Presently, he resides in Los Angeles, California. Further, he uses a wheelchair after suffering a major stroke in July 2012.
How much is Tim Curry worth?
Being an actor and singer, Tim earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $14 million. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Tim Curry?
Observing her body statistics, Tim stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 72 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. Further, his body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.