Facts of Tom Bergeron
|Full Name:||Tom Bergeron|
|Age:||68 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||May 06, 1955|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tom Bergeron|
Tom Bergeron is an American Game show host, Television personality, Comedian, and Actor. He rose to prominence after being the host of America’s Funniest Home Videos, Hollywood Squares, and Dancing with the Stars. He also starred in mainstream film entertainment with roles in popular movies like Star Trek and even guest-starring in TV series like Castle.
Tom Bergeron is replaced by Tyra Banks as the new host of ‘Dancing With the Stars’
Supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks will be the new host of “Dancing With the Stars,” replacing current hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews will not be returning to host “Dancing With the Stars” because the ABC reality dance competition revealed a plan to move in a new direction.
Tom Bergeron announced on twitter; “Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me,” He also wrote. “It’s been an incredible 15-year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made.”
What is Tom Bergeron Famous for?
- Famous for being the former host of Dancing with the Stars, America’s Funniest Home Videos, and Hollywood Squares.
Where is Tom Bergeron from?
On May 6, 1955, Tom Bergeron was born as Thomas Raymond Bergeron in Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA. He was born to father, Adrian Raymond “Ray” Bergeron, and mother, Catherine “Kay” Bergeron. He has a sister named Maureen Bergeron. He holds an American nationality. He is of French-Canadian and Irish descent. His zodiac sign is Taurus.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Haverhill high school in Massachusetts. He served as editor of the school’s newspaper and student council president. He also enrolled in Northern Essex Community College for mime and theatre training.
Tom Bergeron’s Career Highlights
- Tom Bergeron started his career as a DJ at local radio station WHAV, in his home town of Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- In the early 1980s, he became a popular radio DJ in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire on Portsmouth’s WHEB, where he played comedy records along with music and offbeat interviews.
- In February 1982, His popularity led him to the Boston TV station joining WBZ-TV where he hosted various shows like; talk show, Kids show, news, and entertainment shows.
- In 1984, he landed the hosting spot on Lottery Live, the nightly drawings of the Massachusetts State Lottery games. He hosted the Massachusetts State Lottery games from 1984-1987.
- In the early 1990s Bergeron was seen as a solid figure in Boston television. So, he ran the early-morning radio show called The Tom Bergeron Show on WBZ radio.
- From 1994 to 1997, Bergeron co-hosted the morning show Breakfast Time on FX and later re-titled Fox After Breakfast when the show moved to the Fox Network.
- Later, He was signed by ABC news to anchor the morning show Good Morning America.
- Bergeron was the host of Hollywood Squares from 1998-2004 and was also the host of America’s Funniest Home Videos from 2001-2015.
- In June 2005, he began hosting ABC’s reality series ‘Dancing with the Stars’ along with Erin Andrews.
- On September 20, 2008, Bergeron co-hosted the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards alongside Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst, Ryan Seacrest, and Howie Mandel.
Tom Bergeron’s Awards and Nominations
Tom Bergeron has nominated for total four Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game Show Host Hollywood Squares and won his first Emmy award. He has also nоmіnаtеd fоr tоtаl nine Primetime Еmmуѕ for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program for Dancing with the Stars аѕ wеll аѕ іn thе уеаr 2012 hе wоn his second Еmmу Аwаrdѕ. Моrеоvеr, hе іѕ tоо knоwn аѕ а wіnnеr оf а Dауtіmе Еmmу Аwаrd, аѕ wеll аѕ а Рrіmеtіmе Еmmу Аwаrd.
Who is Tom Bergeron married to?
Tom Bergeron is a married man. He married Lois Bergeron on 22 May 1982, with whom he has two girls Samantha Bergeron and Jessica Bergeron.
Tom Bergeron’s Height and Weight
Tom Bergeron stands at a height of 1.79 m (5 feet and 9 inches) tall. He has a bodyweight of 75 kg (165 lbs.). His eye color is brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Tom Bergeron’s Net Worth
Bergeron started his career as a DJ at a local radio station. He had worked on numerous radio and TV shows as a host. His major income comes from his career as a television personality. As of July 2020, Tom Bergeron has an estimated net worth of $20 Million. According to sources, the host earns up to $150, 000 per episode of the show Dancing with the stars. He has earned his income with television host of game shows as well as reality shows being a television personality and by working as a comedian.