Facts of Tom Hanks
|Full Name:||Tom Hanks|
|Age:||66 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||July 09, 1956|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tom Hanks|
Tom Hanks is one of the most famous actors in Hollywood history. His acting career started in the late 1970s, and after a period of mediocre success, he rose to prominence in the 1990s with films such as A League of Their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, Forrest Gump, and Apollo 13. Let us learn more about him by reading this post.
What is Tom Hanks’ claim to fame?
- An actor and filmmaker from the United States.
When was Tom Hanks born?
Tom Hanks was born as Thomas Jeffrey Hanks in his early years. His hometown is Concord, California, in the United States. Janet Marylyn, a hospital worker, and Amos Mefford Hanks, a traveling chef, are his parents.
He has three older brothers and a younger sister. His nationality is American, and he is of mixed race, with ancestors from England, Cornwall, Germany, and Portugal. He is a devout Christian.
Where did Tom Hanks get his education?
Tom went to Skyline High School in Oakland, California, for his studies. After that, he went to Chabot College in Hayward, California, to study theatre. He went on to California State University, Sacramento, after that. Later, he dropped out of college to pursue acting full-time.
When did Tom Hanks start working as an actor?
- Moving on to his professional life, Tom started his acting career while still in college. He starred as Proteus in Shakespeare’s The Two Gentlemen of Verona in 1978. For his performance in the play, he received the Cleveland Critics Circle Award for Best Actor.
- He relocated to New York City in 1979. After that, he made his film debut in He Knows You’re Alone, a low-budget film (1980). Then he landed a starring role in Mazes and Monsters, a television movie.
- Since then, he has starred in a number of films and television shows. With his 1996 film The Thing You Do!, he made his directorial debut. From the Earth to the Moon, an HBO docudrama, he also made, co-wrote, and co-directed.
- He assisted in the direction and development of the Emmy Award-winning HBO miniseries Band of Brothers in 2001. Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Terminal (2004), and Bridge of Spies were among his other film roles (2015). Throughout his career, he has been nominated for various awards.
- In 2016, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama. In the 2017 science-fiction drama The Circle, he appeared alongside Emma Watson.
- In addition, for his performance in Philadelphia, he earned a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for Best Actor. He received a Golden Globe, an Academy Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a People’s Choice Award for his performance in Forrest Gump.
Who is Tom Hanks’s wife?
Tom Wilson married Rita Wilson on April 30, 1988, in his personal life. Chester Marlon Hanks and Truman Theodore Hanks are the couple’s two sons. The couple has been married for over 31 years and their marriage is still going strong.
He was previously married to Samantha Lewes on January 24, 1978. Colin and Elizabeth Hanks, their two daughters, were born to them. In 1987, the couple divorced.
Are Tom and his wife Coronavirus-infected?
According to credible sources, the couple was diagnosed with the deadly coronavirus on March 11, 2020 in Australia. After experiencing fatigue, body aches, chills, and mild fevers, the couple decided to get checked, and the results came out positive. After being healed, the two were released.
Tom Hanks’ net worth
Tom’s work as an actor and writer in the film industry earned him a lot of money and fame. According to some online outlets, his current net worth is reported to be $400 million. His compensation and properties, however, have yet to be revealed.
Tom Hanks’ height
Tom is 6 feet 0 inches tall and weighs about 82 kilograms, according to his body measurements. Similarly, he has dark brown hair and green eyes. Furthermore, no other specifics about his body have been revealed. We will notify you if any information is made public.