Facts of Tom Lester
|Full Name:||Tom Lester|
|Age:||83 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||September 23, 1938|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tom Lester|
Thomas Lester was an American actor and evangelist, best known for his role as Eb Dawson, farmhand to Oliver Wendell Douglas on the television series Green Acres. He appeared in two feature animal films, Gordy and Benji. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Tom Lester famous for?
- an American actor and evangelist.
- His role as Eb Dawson, farmhand to Oliver Wendell Douglas on the television series Green Acres.
Where was Tom Lester from?
Going back to his early life, Tom was born in Laurel, Mississippi, the U.S. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His birth sign is Libra and he is Christianity by religion. Similarly, His parents are Pat Lester, an accountant with Gulf Oil, and Mary Sue Lester, a manager with Home Interiors and Gifts. Also, he has a sibling named Michael Lester.
After he graduated from Laurel High School, he attended the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Mississippi, where he received a B.S. degree in chemistry and biology. He briefly attended graduate school at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, but acting became his main interest.
When did Tom Lester pursue his acting career?
- Tom begins work in the Little Theater, which he did, acting in showcases at the North Hollywood Playhouse. In the early 1960s, He performed in a play with CBS producer, and he soon found himself auditioning for the role of Eb Dawson on Green Acres. He beat 400 other actors to play the character after a screen test.
- He got the role because he was the only one who could milk a cow in real life since he grew up on a farm in Mississippi. His recurring role soon became a regular character due to the character’s and the show’s popularity, which made Lester a household name.
- Green Acres was the 11th-rated show in its debut season of 1965-66, according to the Nielsen ratings, climbed to #6 in 1966-67 and was #16 and #19, respectively, the following two seasons.
- As Green Acres characters also appeared in episodes of two other CBS series named Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies. He also occasionally appeared on those shows.
- Even during the height of Green Acres’ popularity, He lived in a small apartment atop a garage in the San Fernando Valley. Each year during the show’s summer hiatus he would travel the country and speak at churches, youth rallies, and revival meetings and at one time was part of the Rev. Billy Graham’s organization.
- He appeared in nearly every Green Acres episode between 1965-71, except for the first half in the 1967-68 season when he suffered mononucleosis. After six seasons, Green Acres was canceled in 1971 as part of CBS’s “rural purge”.
- After Green Acres, He was forever typecast as Eb Dawson. In 1990, he reunited with Albert and Gabor to reprise his role in Return to Green Acres.
- During the mid-1970s to early 1980s, his roles included guest spots in Little House on the Prairie, Marcus Welby, M.D., Knight Rider, and Love, American Style.
- In 1991, he played the adult Pete Maravich in the film about the future basketball hall of farmer’s youth, The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend.
- In 2004, he was the voice of the unseen DJ for KCOW radio station in the movie Christmas Child. In 2014, he starred with Ray Stevens and Victoria Jackson in the comedy Campin’ Buddies.
- He was a farmer and for many years had been a Christian speaker who traveled the nation, preaching a message of faith and obedience. Until his death, He participated in autograph shows and fan forums often dressed as Eb Dawson.
How did Tom Lester die?
Tom Lester died on Monday, 21st April 2020 in Nashville at the age of 81 due to the complications from Parkinson’s disease, as per his family statement. A graveside service for family and close friends is planned for Friday at Hickory Grove Cemetery in Laurel, with a celebration of life service to be held at a later date.
Who is Tom Lester’s wife?
Tom Lester was married to Kaylie Lester in 2007. Together, the pair lived blissfully on the 250-acre family farm in Vossburg, Mississippi until his death on 21st April 2020. There is a lack of information about his children and past affairs yet. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.
How much was Tom Lester worth?
Tom Lester was an actor who has earned a good amount of money from his profession. He has enjoyed a long career in his acting industry and able to accumulate a huge fortune as well. As per the online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $24 million at the time of his death. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
What was Tom Lester’s height?
Tom has a height of 6 feet 4 inches and his weight is currently unknown. His eyes are hazel and hair color is dark brown. His other body information is under review. Whenever we updated, we will let you know.