Anthony Glenn Buzbee is an American lawyer and politician. In 2019, Buzbee ran for mayor of Houston, Texas, but lost to incumbent Sylvester Turner
Facts of Tony Buzbee
|Full Name:||Tony Buzbee|
|Age:||53 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||January 01, 1970|
|Birth Place:||Atlanta, Texas, United States|
|Net Worth:||$700 million|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||University of Houston Law Center|
|Hair Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tony Buzbee|
An American lawyer and politician is named for Tony Buzbee. He announced he would be running for mayor of Houston, Texas on 30th October 2018. He has earned a B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University and he has also served as a Marine Officer and reached the rank of captain between college and law school. He started his legal career as an attorney at Susman Godfrey LLP in Houston. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Tony Buzbee headed to a runoff election
After a long night, election results show Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and challenger Tony Buzbee will head to a runoff in December. A last-minute change by the Texas Secretary of State’s Office delayed the results of the election until early Wednesday morning when it became clear Buzbee had managed to keep the mayor from winning re-election outright. Turner needed to win 50 percent plus one vote to avoid a runoff. As of 7 a.m., he had 47 percent of the vote to challenger Tony Buzbee’s 28 percent. Earlier Tuesday, Turner said the numbers were a positive sign he can win re-election and credited taking decisive action and a strong economy for helping him lead the vote. Buzbee showed confidence late Tuesday however, telling cautiously optimistic supporters he would ultimately win in a runoff against Turner.
What year did Tony Buzbee graduate from Texas A&M?
In the year 1969, Tony Buzbee was born but there is no exact information regarding his birth date. At present, he celebrated his 51st birthday with his friends and families. He grew up in Atlanta, Texas on a farm-house with his parents and three siblings. But there are no details regarding their names. He belongs to American nationality and his ethnicity is White. Discussing his education, he earned a B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University in the year 1990 and a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was managing editor of the Houston Law Review. He served as a Marine Officer and reached the rank of captain between college and law school. He is Christian by religion.
How tall is Tony Buzbee?
Being at the age of fifty-one, Tony Buzbee still looks very handsome and young. He has got an average body build with a charming personality and a nice attitude. His skin tone is white. His smiling face has helped him to attract a lot of people’s attention towards him. He has got a great height matching with his body weight. At present, the details about his body measurements such as height, weight, and other details have not been published by any sources yet but it will be updated soon once we get details regarding it. He maintains his body a lot and eats healthy. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
What makes Tony Buzbee famous?
- Tony began his legal career as an attorney at Susman Godfrey LLP in Houston.
- In the year 2000, he founded his own law firm.
- Moreover, he has represented clients including horse trainer Bob Baffert and recording artist and businessman Jimmy Buffett.
- Also, he has represented multiple governmental entities, including the State of Louisiana, and the Basque Government in the Kingdom of Spain.
- It was announced in the year 2014 that he would be lead counsel for Governor Rick Perry of Texas after Perry was indicted on two felony counts which were later dismissed in the year 2016.
- He won the largest jury verdict against British Petroleum (BP) in history in the year 2009.
- In addition to this, he is the managing partner of the Buzbee Law Firm in Houston, Texas.
- He is also a property developer and he is working to redevelop historic downtown Friendswood.
- As of today, he owns Buzbee Properties which is a residential and commercial real estate firm focused on the south Texas communities of Friendswood, Pearland, Alvin, Webster, Pasadena, Clear Lake, League City, Kemah, and Seabrook.
- Along with this, he also owns various retail entities, commercial buildings, and several hotels in Florida.
- He was named as a Top 5 “Go-To” Lawyer for Commercial Litigation in the State of Texas in the year 2002 by the legal publication Texas Lawyer.
- He was also selected multiple times as a Texas “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters (2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
- In November 2010 and in March 2013, he appeared on the cover of The New York Times magazine.
- He was awarded Attorney Of The Year by Texas Lawyer Magazine in November 2015.
- He was selected as the 2017 Distinguished Aggie Lawyer as part of the 18th Annual Conference of the Aggie Bar Association in March 2017.
- He was awarded the Dean’s Award for his work in protecting the school’s name and brand in a federal trademark infringement lawsuit in 2016 at the University of Houston Law Alumni Association Awards of 2017.
What political party is Tony Buzbee?
- Tony Buzbee has served as chair as of the Galveston County Democratic Party from August 2003 to April 2005.
- He hosted a fundraiser at his River Oaks mansion for then Presidential candidate Donald Trump, but Buzbee later disavowed Trump following the release of the Access Hollywood tape and stated his intention to write-in veteran Dan Moran for President in the year 2016.
- He announced he would be running in the 2019 Houston mayoral election, challenging incumbent Houston Mayor, Sylvester Turner on 30th October 2018.
- Moreover, he is also running on a platform of universal pre-K, infrastructure improvement, crime reduction, and expanding access to 5G broadband.
Who is Tony Buzbee’s wife?
Fans of Tony Buzbee must be curious to know the personal life of him. Here we have collected his personal life details. Tony Buzbee was previously married to his beautiful wife, Zoe Buzbee. They are also the proud parents of four children but their name has not been disclosed yet. The couple is has reportedly separated.
How much money Tony Buzbee is earnings?
Tony Buzbee has earned a huge name and fame from his career and he is satisfied with whatever he is receiving at present. In July 2014, he contributed $3 million and agreed to an annual contribution of $100,000 to the 12th Man Foundation at Texas A&M. He has contributed around $1 million to the CrowdSource Rescue. He has contributed over $20 million in charity. He owns multiple jets, luxury cars, and skyscrapers. His net worth is estimated at over $700 million. He has achieved a great height in his career. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings. His major source of earning is from his legal career.