Singer and Actress
Facts of Trisha Yearwood
|Full Name:||Trisha Yearwood|
|Age:||58 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||September 19, 1964|
|Profession:||Singer and Actress|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Trisha Yearwood|
Trisha Yearwood is an American country music singer, an author, an actress and also a celebrity chef. The versatile personality is a member of the Grand Ole Opry, lauded for her ballads about vulnerable young women. She has received praise from her critics for her strong and confident singing style and is also the recipient of several prestigious awards.
She became the very first female country singer to sell over a million copies of her debut album following the stupendous success of her self-titled debut album in 1991. She was subsequently named as the Top New Female Vocalist by the Academy of Country Music. She has won three Grammy Awards as well as many other awards in her outstanding singing career. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Trisha Yearwood famous for?
- An American country recording artist, actress, author, television personality, and celebrity chef.
When was Trisha Yearwood born?
Recalling her early life, Trisha was born in Monticello, Georgia, the United States as the daughter of Gwendolyn, a school teacher and Jack Howard Yearwood, a local banker in the year 1964. Currently, she aged 55 years old. She has two brothers; Adam Thomas and Scott Thomas.
Throughout her childhood years, she grew up listening to country artists Patsy Cline, Kitty Wells, and Hank Williams.
Similarly, music became a huge part of her early life as she used to sing in musicals, choir groups and talent shows since her time in elementary school. Further, she is an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Virgo.
Where is Trisha Yearwood educated?
Concerning her education details, Trisha attended the Young Harris College in the mountains of northeast Georgia. There, she received an associate degree and became a member of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.
What does Trisha Yearwood do?
- Moving towards her career, Trisha initially gained an internship with MTM Records. Next, she began working as a full-time employee.
- Later, she recorded a series of demo tapes and also sang background vocals for new artists. She soon began working together with Garth Fundis and they created a demo tape. She sang background vocals on Brook’s second album, No Fences in 1990.
- She released her self-titled debut album in 1991 under MCA Nashville. The album’s lead single titled, She’s in Love with the Boy peaked at the number 1 on the Billboard Country Chart in late 1991. This helped her to bring nationwide success and recognition. The other three singles from her debut album also reached the Top 10 on the country chart.
- Furthermore, she released her second studio album, Hearts in Armors in 1992. The album was loved by many and was critically acclaimed.
- Next, she released her third album in 1993 entitled, The Song Remembers When. Additionally, the album was later accompanied by a cable television concert special in 1993. Then, she released her fifth studio album, Everybody Knows in August 1996.
- Over the ensuing years, she continued her successful music career releasing many albums, singles, and compilations of her hits.
- She has also featured in films and television shows, making her debut in the comedy-drama film The Thing Called Love in 1993. She has appeared in many television series like JAG (1997-2002), Nashville (2015) and The Passion (2016).
- In 2019, She hosted the tenth annual CMA Country Christmas. The special was taped in September 2019 and featured performances by various artists including Tori Kelly, CeCe Winans, and Brett Young
- After hosting and appearing in many television programs, she eventually started her cooking show Trisha’s Southern Kitchen in 2012. She has also released many cookbooks including Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen and Home Cooking with her.
How many awards does Trisha Yearwood win?
Trisha has won several awards in her career. She won the Emmy Awards in 2013 for the Outstanding Culinary Program; Trisha’s Southern Kitchen. Additionally, she won the Grammy Awards in the category of Best Country Collaboration with Vocals in 1995.
She has won other various awards including the Academy of Country Music Awards, Country Music Association Awards, American Music Awards, and others.
How many kids does Trisha Yearwood have?
Reflecting on her personal life, Trisha was married to his boyfriend Garth Brooks on December 10th, 2005 after proposed to her in front of 7,000 fans in Bakersfield, California. The wedding ceremony took place at the couple’s home in Owasso, Oklahoma privately.
Previously, she was married to musician Chris Latham in 1987. The marriage did not last long and hence the pair divorced in 1991.
Then, she was married to Robert “Bobby” Reynolds, a bass player for the country music group The Mavericks on May 21st, 1994. This marriage resulted in a similar outcome as they divorced in 1999.
What is Trisha Yearwood’s net worth?
Being a singer and actress, Trisha earns an impressive amount of money and salary from her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to $40 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Trisha Yearwood?
Observing her body physics, Trisha stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, she has a body measurement of 34-27-34 inches. Her shoe size is 8 (US) and dress size is 10 (US). Further, she has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color.