Facts of Tyler Perry
|Full Name:||Tyler Perry|
|Age:||52 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||September 13, 1969|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tyler Perry|
An American actor, director, writer, and producer, Tyler Perry is known for creating and portraying the fictional character Mabel “Madea” Simmons. He is also a comedian and author. He has built a reputation as one of the most successful creative artists in Hollywood today and among the most financially successful directors at present. Also, he has won are 2 BET Comedy Awards in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Theatrical Film and Outstanding Writing for Theatrical Film. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Tyler Perry famous for?
- An American actor, writer, producer, comedian, and director.
When was Tyler Perry born?
Recalling his early life, Tyler was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, the U.S. to his parents in the year 1969. Currently, he aged 50 years old. His parents are Emmitt Perry, Sr. and Willie Maxine Campbell. His father worked as a carpenter while his mother is a pre-school teacher. He raised along with his three siblings named Emmbre Perry, Yulanda Wilkins, and Melva Porter.
Similarly, he is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His birth sign is Virgo and his religious views are Christianity. While growing up, the father abused him physically by beating him up badly which he would turn to the church to seek peace and refuge.
For education, he didn’t complete his school education as he dropped out of high school early. However, he did manage to earn GED (General Educational Development), which is an equivalent of high school graduation.
How Tyler Perry become a director?
- Moving towards his career, Tyler started his career on stage writing plays and performing in theatres and also did several odd jobs. Even the faces many difficulties, he did not give up and rewrote and reproduced the musical repeatedly.
- From 1998 to 2000, his play, ‘I Know I’ve Been Changed’ was finally liked by the critics and was staged at many places.
- He came up with the next play ‘I Can Do Bad All by Myself’ in 2000, which was an instant hit.
- Then, He produced ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ in 2001, followed by ‘Madea’s Family Reunion’ the next year and both received positive reviews.
- After coming up with ‘Madea’s Class Reunion’ in 2003, he began touring to promote all of his plays.
- In 2005, he made his debut film ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’. The movie was a huge success, especially among the African-Americans.
- In 2006, he filmed ‘Madea’s Family Reunion’ playing the role of ‘Madea’ himself. Also, he founded his studio in Atlanta.
- The same year, he launched his television series ‘Tyler Perry’s House of Payne’ on the TBS cable network.
- His next venture was the romantic comedy-drama film, ‘Daddy’s Little Girls’ in 2007.
- In 2008, he released ‘Meet the Browns’. It was so successful that they adapted it for a television sitcom the next year.
- In 2009, He released ‘Madea Goes to Jail’ which also gain massive success.
- After a couple of years later, his comedy-drama film ‘Madea’s Big Happy Family’ released which also took the box-office by storm.
- In 2013, he released ‘Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor’, a drama-thriller.
- Sоmе оf his lаtеѕt fіlmѕ аrе А Маdеа Сhrіѕtmаѕ (2013), Gоnе Gіrl (2014), Маdеа’ѕ Тоugh Lоvе (2015), Вrаіn оn Fіrе (2016), Воо! А Маdеа Наllоwееn (2016), Тhе Ѕtаr (2017), Воо 2! А Маdеа Наllоwееn (2017), Vice (2018), Acrimony (2018), A Madea Family Funeral (2019), A Fall from Grace (2020), Those Who Wish Me Dead (2020) and many others.
- He also directed several TV series which he also plays, writes and produce like House of Payne (2007-12; 2020 – Present), The Haves and the Have Nots (2013 – Present), If Loving You Is Wrong (2014 – Present), The Oval (2019 – Present), Sistas (2019 – Present), Tyler Perry’s Young Dylan (2020 – Present) and many others.
- Besides these, He also published his book, ‘Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea’s Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life’ in 2006 which became a best-seller.
What are the achievements of Tyler Perry?
Throughout his career, Туlеr hаѕ bееn аblе tо bаnk ѕоmе ассоlаdеѕ аnd nоmіnаtіоnѕ, аnd ѕоmе оf thе аwаrdѕ hе hаѕ wоn аrе:
- 2 ВЕТ Соmеdу Аwаrdѕ іn thе саtеgоrу оf Оutѕtаndіng Асtоr іn а Тhеаtrісаl Fіlm аnd Оutѕtаndіng Wrіtіng fоr Тhеаtrісаl Fіlm.
- 2 Іmаgе Аwаrdѕ, 1 Gоldеn Rаѕрbеrrу Аwаrd, аnd 1 Аfrісаn-Аmеrісаn Fіlm Сrіtісѕ Аѕѕосіаtіоn Аwаrd.
Who is Tyler Perry married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Tyler has never been married but has a relationship with the Ethiopian model Gelila Bekele since 2009. Together, the couple blessed a son named Aman Tyler Perry in November 2014. Presently, the couple lives blissfully with her partner and their child.
Previously, he also rumored to be dating Tyra Banks. They often have seen in dinner and several occasions. However, they said that they are just friends.
How much is Tyler Perry worth?
Being an actor, producer, and director, Tyler has an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $600 million and his salary is somewhere around $80 Million at present. He also endorsed “Oprah Winfrey Network” and has been seen in a commercial on Feeding America, and others. Further, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Tyler Perry?
Observing his body physics, Tyler stands a height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs around 102 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, his chest, waist, and biceps sizes are 45-36-15.5 inches respectively.