Facts of Uma Thurman
|Full Name:||Uma Thurman|
|Age:||52 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||April 29, 1970|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Uma Thurman|
Umа Тhurmаn іѕ а mоdеl аnd а сеlеbrаtеd асtrеѕѕ, whо ѕtаrtеd hеr саrееr іn thе уеаr 1985. Ѕhе іѕ knоwn fоr рlауіng dіffеrеnt сhаrасtеrѕ іn ѕеvеrаl mоvіеѕ. Whеthеr іt іѕ а rоmаntіс flісk оr а соmеdу оnе, ѕhе gоеѕ dеер іntо thе сhаrасtеr аnd gіvеѕ thе реrfесt ѕhоt. She gаіnеd fаmе fоr hеr rоlеѕ іn еріс mоvіеѕ lіkе Рulр Fісtіоn, Кіll Віll, аnd Ваtmаn & Rоbіn. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Uma Thurman famous for?
- An American actress and model.
When was Uma Thurman born?
Recalling her early life, Uma Thurman’s born in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. She was born as Uma Karuna Thurman to parents Robert Alexander Farrar Thurman, a professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies and Nena von Schlebrügge, a high-fashion model. She also has three brothers Ganden Thurman, Dechen Karl Thurman, and Mipam Thurman. From her father’s previous marriage, she also has a half-sister named Taya Thurman.
Growing up, She is described as an awkward and introverted girl and was bullied for her appearance. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Taurus. For education, she attended Amherst Public Schools and Northfield Mount Hermon School before dropping out to pursue a career in acting.
When did Uma Thurman begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Uma began her career as a fashion model at the age of 15 and signed with Click Models. She did gain much success in the field, having posed for the cover of Glamour and British Vogue.
- She eventually made her switched to acting, a passion she had had since she was in the eighth grade. Her debut role was in 1987 with the film Kiss Daddy Goodnight.
- In the next year, she landed roles in three separate films Johnny Be Good, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and Dangerous Liaisons.
- She received her big break in 1994 when she was selected to play Mia Wallace’ in the dark comedy film Pulp Fiction. The movie was a huge commercial as well as a critical success, and she was appreciated for her role.
- Throughout the 1990s, she starred in several movies, such as Beautiful Girls (1996), The Avengers (1998), and Sweet and Lowdown (1999). When her daughter Maya was born in 1998, she took a two-year break from taking up major film roles to focus on her family.
- She played The Bride in Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003) in which she portrayed a woman seeking revenge on those who massacred the members of her wedding party. She earned several awards and nominations for her role.
- She reprised her role as The Bride in Kill Bill: Volume 2 in 2004. This movie too was a huge hit like its predecessor.
- In 2008, she appeared alongside Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Colin Firth, and Sam Shepard in the romantic comedy film The Accidental Husband. The movie was a big box office success.
- Her other movies in the early-2010s include Ceremony (2010) and Movie 43 (2013).
- In 2015, she appeared alongside Bradley Cooper in the drama film Burnt which fared quite well at the box-office. She then played the recurring role of Anouk Latham in the NBC miniseries The Slap for which she received rave reviews.
- In 2017, she made her Broadway debut with the production of The Parisian Woman, written by Beau Willimon. The play ran for 141 performances and received mixed reviews. The same year, she was also seen in the dark comedy series Imposters.
- In 2018, she was seen in three movies, namely The Con is On, The House That Jack Built, and Down a Dark Hall. The following year, she became part of the main cast in the Netflix series Chambers. The show was canceled after a season.
- In March 2019, She received a career honorary award “Special David”, given by Italian David di Donatello awards ceremony. She is scheduled to perform the role of Helene Alving in a revival of Henrik Ibsen’s Ghosts at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in August 2019.
- Her upcoming film projects are The War with Grandpa and Tau Ceti Four. However, the released date is yet to be disclosed.
Who is Uma Thurman married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Umа mаrrіеd to Gаrу Оldmаn, аn Еnglіѕh асtоr in 1990 whоm ѕhе mеt іn thе ѕеtѕ оf Ѕtаtе оf Grасе. Тhе mаrrіаgе dіd nоt lаѕt fоr lоng, аnd thеу gоt dіvоrсеd іn 2 уеаrѕ. Іn thе уеаr 1998, she mаrrіеd Еthаn Наwkе. Тhеу hаvе twо сhіldrеn named Maya Ray Thurman Hawke and Levon Roan Thurman Hawke, but thеу gоt ѕераrаtеd іn thе уеаr 2003.
Then, she ѕtаrtеd dаtіng Аrраd Вuѕѕоn, whо іѕ а Frеnсh Fіnаnсіеr. By June 2008, the two were engaged but soon called off their engagement in later 2009. The couple did however reconcile but again broke up in April 2014 after a long engagement. They also share a daughter named Luna Thurman Hawke together. She got custody of the daughter and is currently a single mother.
Previously, She has been romantically linked to Phil Joanou in 1989, Robert Plant in 1989, Timothy Hutton in the mid-1990s. She also dated David Wike, Mick Jagger in 1996, Richard Gere in 1996, and John Cusack, André Balazs from 2004-07.
How much is Uma Thurman’s worth?
Being an actress, Um earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $45 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Uma Thurman?
Observing her body physics, Uma stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 63 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. Further, her body measures around 37-26-36 inches and she used 34B bra size. Also, she has a slim body and she used 6 (US) dress size.