Valerie Harper is an American actress who is famous for her roles in "Freebie and the Bean", "Chapter two", "Sex and the City", and "My mom and the girl".
Facts of Valerie Harper
|Full Name:||Valerie Harper|
|Birth Date:||August 22, 1939|
|Death Date:||August 30, 2019|
|Birth Place:||Suffern, New York, USA|
|Married Date:||April 08, 1987|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Howard Donald Harper|
|Mother's Name:||Iva Mildred|
|Education:||Lincoln High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.6 inch|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Waist Size:||25 inch|
|Bra Size:||33 inch|
|Hip Size:||34 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Valerie Harper|
Valerie Harper is an American actress who is famous for her roles in “Freebie and the Bean”, “Chapter two”, “Sex and the City”, and “My mom and the girl”. She is also known for her supporting role in the show “The Mary Tyler Moore Show”. She has also won four Primetime Emmy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards.
Valerie Harper Famous For?
- Famous as an American actress
- Famous for her role in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show”
Trending: Valerie Harper’s husband doesn’t want to follow the doctor’s advice for Harper’s health
Recently in July 2019, Valerie Harper was on a regimen of “a multitude of medications and chemotherapy drugs” though she was not allowed to go because of her harsh health. Tony Cacciotti, her husband, however, doesn’t want to follow the suggestion of the doctor to keep her at home. On 23rd July, Tony expressed his feeling through his social media site explaining that he won’t move her to hospice care:
“I couldn’t agree because I implied, that is the loving choice”.
“I have been told by doctors to put Val in Hospice care and I can’t and I won’t because of the amazing good deeds she has graced us with while she’s been here on earth,”.
In the year 2009, Valerie Harper was diagnosed with lung cancer. Again in 2016, she continued battling cancer with treatment at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and still living alive along with the fight.
The early life of Valerie Harper?
Valerie Harper was born on 22nd August 1939 in Suffern, New York, US. Her birth is Valerie Kathryn Harper. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is white. Leo is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Iva Mildred(mother) and Howard Donald Harper(father). She is the third child of her parents. She has an older sister, Leah, and a younger brother, Meril. Her father was a lighting salesman while her mother was a nurse. She also has a half-sister, Virginia from her stepmother, Angela Posilico.
Due to her father’s job, the family moved every two years to different cities of the US. She was raised Catholic. Since her childhood, she was interested in acting and she participated in school dramas. She did her schooling at Lincoln High School in New Jersey. Later, she graduated from Young Professional School.
The career of Valerie Harper?
- Valerie Harpe started her professional career as a dancer and chorus girl on theatre, Broadway by appearing in Lil Abner in 1956.
- She made her professional acting debut in the movie “Rock Rock Rock” in the same year.
- On Broadway, she performed numerous shows such as Wildcat, Take Me Along, Looped, When You’re in Love the Whole World is Jewish, and The Ballad of Irving.
- In the year 1970 after being spotted by casting agent, Ethel Winant, she got the opportunity to portray the role of Rhoda Morgenstern on ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show’.
- She appeared in 92 episodes of the show until 1974 and she was highly appreciated for her role in the show.
- Her other TV series include ‘Valerie’, ‘Touched by an Angel’, ‘Three Sisters’, ‘The Office’, ‘Promised Land’ and ‘As told by Ginger’.
- She has also appeared as a guest in series such as “Sex and the city” and “Melrose Place” and she also participated in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars.
- In the year 2013, her memoir ‘I, Rhoda, A Memoir’ was released.
- She also appeared in the TV series “The Simpsons” from 2013 to 2018.
- Some of her starred movies are ‘Chapter Two’, Night Terror’, ‘Blame It on Rio’, ‘The Execution’, ‘My Future Boyfriend’, ‘Merry Xmas’, and ‘My Mom and the Girl’.
- She also appeared in TV series such as ‘Hot in Cleveland’, ‘American Dad’, ‘Til Death’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, and ‘Children’s Hospital’.
Personal Life: Husband, Children
The American actress, Valerie Harper is married to Tony Cacciotti. They tied the knot on 8th April 1987. Tony is also an actor and a producer. They dated each other since 1985. The couple has adopted a daughter named Cristina Cacciotti. At present, she along with her family lives in Ashland, Oregon.
Previously, she was also married to Richard Schaal until January 1978. They tied the knot in December 1964. Richard Schaal is an actor. She has also won four Emmy Awards and one Golden Globe Award.
She was also involved in the ‘Women’s Liberation Movement’ and she was an advocate of the ‘Equal Rights Amendment’ in the 1980s.
Valerie Harper’s Net Worth?
The American actress, Valerie Harper earns a good amount of money from her profession. She has an estimated net worth of $12 million US Dollars as of 2019. Her worth includes all her property. She also earns additional income from her stocks in different companies. At present, she is living a luxurious life with her earnings.
Valerie Harper: Body measurement?
The 79 years aged, Valerie Harper has a well-maintained body. She stands at a height of 5ft 6inches(1.68m). She has a normal body weight of 59kg(130lbs). She has a fair complexion with green eyes and light brown hair. Her body measurement is 33-25-34 inches. She is also active in social media with 258k followers on Facebook and around 56k followers on Twitter.