Facts of Vince Carter
|Full Name:||Vince Carter|
|Age:||45 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||January 26, 1977|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Vince Carter|
Vincent Lamar Carter Jr. famed as Vince Carter is a famous American professional basketball player who is currently playing for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). In his debut for the Hawks on 17th October 2018, he started at forward and scored 12 points in a 126-107 loss to the New York Knicks, becoming the second-oldest player in NBA history to start a season opener at 41 years and 264 days old. He plays both shooting guard and small forward, but has occasionally played power forward during the latter part of his career. He is the only player in NBA history to play 22 seasons, and the only player to play in four different decades (the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s). He also won the 1999 NBA Rookie of the Year Award and won the Slam Dunk Contest at the 2000 NBA All-Star Weekend. He entertained crowds with his leaping ability and slam dunks, earning nicknames such as “Vinsanity”, “Air Canada”, and “Half Man, Half Amazing”. He has 967k fans on Twitter. He has Facebook likes are 39.2k. On his Instagram, he has, 35.1k followers. and more than 966k followers on Twitter. His jersey number for Hawks is 15.
Vince Carter Talks About Retirement
When the NBA suspended its season on March 11, Hawks wing Vince Carter recognized immediately that he may have made his last appearance as an NBA player that night, discussing the possibility after the game. “I ended on a pretty cool note,” Carter said. The Hawks’ original schedule called for a home finale in Atlanta on April 15, the last day of the regular season. On April 10, the team had been scheduled to play in Toronto, where Carter started his NBA career in 1998 and blossomed into a star. While the 43-year-old admits it “would have been nice” to face the Raptors in Toronto one last time, he insists he’s “good with it” if that game doesn’t end up happening.
- Being the player for the Atlanta Hawks of NBA.
- For playing both shooting guard and small forward.
- Being the only player in NBA history to play 22 seasons, and the only player to play in four different decades (the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s).
What is the birthplace of Vince Carter?
Vince Carter was born as Vincent Lamar Carter Jr. on 26th January 1977. His birthplace/hometown is in Daytona Beach, Florida, the USA. He is of African-American ethnicity/race and his nationality is American. Talking about his parents/family; his mother’s name is Michelle Carter and father’s name is Vince Carter Sr. He also has two brothers, Jeff Scott and Chris Carter. His sister’s name is Alicia Scott. As per his education, he joined Mainland High School in Daytona Beach where he was honored McDonald’s All-Americans. After completing high school he joined the University of North Carolina where he reached twice in the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament. He helped the North Carolina to consecutive ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament titles and Final Four appearances in his sophomore and junior seasons. His birth sign is Aquarius and his religion is Christian.
How was Vince Carter’s Career?
- He played football as a quarterback for Mainland High School until a broken wrist in his freshman year forced him to pick up volleyball instead.
- He was named the Volusia County Player of the Year as a junior and averaged 24 kills per match; for comparison, none of his teammates averaged more than one in Volleyball.
- He also led Mainland’s basketball team to its first Class 6A state title in 56 years and was a 1995 McDonald’s All-American.
- In his senior year he averaged 22 points, 11.4 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 3.5 blocks per game.
- He was contacted by 77 NCAA Division I schools but ultimately chose North Carolina over Florida.
- He was initially drafted by the Golden State Warriors with the fifth overall pick in the 1998 NBA draft and was then traded to the Toronto Raptors for the fourth overall pick, Antawn Jamison.
- He started playing for Toronto Raptors from 1998 but he left the team in the year 2004.
- He won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award after averaging 18.3 points and throwing down countless highlight-reel dunks in 1999.
- Also, he earned his first NBA All-Star selection and was named to the All-NBA Third Team. During the 2000 NBA All-Star Weekend, Carter showcased arguably the most memorable Slam Dunk Contest event in its history.
- In the year 2001, he signed a six-year extension with Raptors with $94 million.
- He was voted in as a starter for the 2001 NBA All-Star Game.
- He missed the final 22 games of the 2001-2002 regular season due to injury.
- He played in 73 games during the 2003-2004 season, but the Raptors fell three games short of making the playoffs.
- Later, Carter was traded to the New Jersey Nets on 17th December 2004 although he wanted to stay in Toronto.
- He signed a 4-year contract with the Nets with $61.8 million and after the completion of his tenure in Nets, he joined Orlando Magic in the year 2009.
- In the 2006-2007 season, he was named as a reserve to the 2007 NBA All-Star Game and finished the 2006-2007 season playing all 82 games, averaging over 25 points with a 21 PER.
- In July 2007, he re-signed with the Nets to a four-year, $61.8 million contract.
- During the 2007-2008 season, he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks.
- He became captain of the Nets, and in 2008-2009.
- On 3rd February 2009, he recorded his fifth career triple-double with 15 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in a 99-85 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
- On 25th June 2009, he was traded, along with Ryan Anderson, to the Orlando Magic in exchange for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie, and Courtney Lee.
- After leaving Orlando Magic he played for Phoenix Suns in 2010 but soon left on 9th December 2011.
- On 17th January 2011, he recorded 29 points and 12 rebounds in a 129-121 win over the New York Knicks.
- He was waived by the Suns, meaning the team only had to pay him $4 million of the $18 million he was due for the 2011-2012 season.
- He then signed a three-year contract with the Dallas Mavericks on 12th December 2011.
- On 20th April 2012 against the Golden State Warriors, he became the eighth player in NBA history with 1,500 3-pointers when he made one in the closing minutes.
- On 12th July 2014, he signed with Memphis Grizzlies.
- On 17th December 2014, he scored a season-high 18 points in a 117-116 triple-overtime win over the San Antonio Spurs.
- On 22nd April, he became the first 40-year-old to make three or more 3-pointers in a playoff game during Game 4 of the Grizzlies’ first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs.
- He signed a one-year, $8 million contract with the Sacramento Kings on 10th July 2017.
- He was named by the NBA Players Association as the Most Influential Veteran during the Players Voice Awards on 18th August 2017.
- He missed seven games early in the season with a kidney stone.
- On 27th December 2017, he scored a season-high 24 points in a 109-95 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- At the season’s end, he was named the recipient of the NBPA’s Backbone Award and Most Respected Award, as part of the Players Voice Awards.
- On 24th August 2018, he signed with the Atlanta Hawks.
- In his debut for the Hawks on 17th October 2018, he started at forward and scored 12 points in a 126-107 loss to the New York Knicks, becoming the second-oldest player in NBA history to start a season opener at 41 years and 264 days old.
- On 22nd January 2020, Carter moved past Alex English for 19th on the NBA all-time scoring list.
- On 31st January 2020, he moved up to 3rd place in all-time NBA games played with 1,523 passing Dirk Nowitzki in the process.
- During the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Carter performed one of the most memorable dunks of his career when he jumped over 7-foot-2-inch (2.18 m) French center Frederic Weis.
- He has also appeared on the cover of NBA Live 2004, the cover of NBA Inside Drive 2002, appeared in the 2002 film “Like Mike”, and many more.
Awards and Achievements of Vince Carter
Vince Carter is the only player in NBA history to appear in a game in four different decades. In addition to this, he is one of six players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists per game in 10 straight seasons. Also, he is one of six players in league history to record 24,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 1,000 steals, and 1,000 3-point field goals. His award and achievements include:
- Olympic gold medal: 2000
- 2× All-NBA:
- Second Team: 2001
- Third Team: 2000
- NBA Slam Dunk Champion: 2000
- NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1999
- NBA Rookie of the Year Award: 1999
- The Sporting News NBA Rookie of the Year: 1999
- Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year Award: 2016
- Most three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (May 11, 2001, vs. Philadelphia 76ers, Eastern Conference Semifinals)
- Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one game: 8 (same game as above)
- Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (same game as above)
- First 40-year old player to hit at least three 3-pointers in a playoff game: 3 (April 22, 2017, vs. San Antonio Spurs, Western Conference 1st round)
Who is the Wife of Vince Carter?
Talking about the personal life of Vince Carter, he is a married man. As of now, he is married to Sondi Carter, a NASM trainer. The duo is blessed with a son and a daughter. As of now, he is leading a happy life with her and the duo is enjoying their life a lot with their children. He is very loyal towards his wife and there is no sign of divorce between them. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he was married to Ellen Rucker; a chiropractor in July 2004 but due to some reasons, they eventually got divorced in 2006. They have one daughter Kai Michelle Carter who was born on the 1st of July 2005. He also had an alleged affair with Sheneka Adams.
How much is Vince Carter’s Net Worth as of 2020?
Vince Carter is a very successful basketball player and he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his career. He has an estimated net worth of $100 Million as of 2020. At present, he is under a 1 year / $2,564,753 contract with the Atlanta Hawks, including $2,564,753 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $2,564,753. As per the deal, he will earn a base salary of $2,564,753, while carrying a cap hit of $1,620,564 and a dead cap value of $1,620,564 in 2019-1920 seasons. Prior to this, he reportedly signed a 1 year, $2.39 million contract with the Atlanta Hawks in 2018, and earned $2.39 million for the 2018-2019 season. His success in the career path has paid him well financially. He also owns a 36,905 total square feet mega-mansion with 28,862 square feet of that being air-conditioned, in Windermere, Florida (FL), US. The home consists of 3 floors with 7 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, and an elevator. Further, the two-story guest house is 1,809 sq ft with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. Other than that, he also has a full-size regulation indoor basketball court. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now.
How tall is Vince Carter?
Vince Carter is a handsome hunk with an athletic body build. He has got a tall height of 6 feet and 7 inches. His balanced weight consists of 100 Kg. He has black eyes and he is bald. His shoe size, dress size, and other body measurements are unknown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a cool personality.