Charles Benjamin Rogers was an American professional football player who was a wide receiver for three seasons in the National Football League.
Facts of Charles Rogers
|Full Name:||Charles Rogers|
|Birth Date:||May 23, 1981|
|Death Date:||November 11, 2019|
|Birth Place:||Saginaw, Michigan, United States|
|Net Worth:||$100 thousand|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Charles Brown|
|Mother's Name:||Cathy Rogers|
|Education:||Michigan State College|
|Height / How tall :||6 feet and 3 inches|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Charles Rogers|
Charles Benjamin Rogers famed as Charles Rogers was an American professional football player. He was a wide receiver for three seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He is often ranked as one of the biggest busts in NFL history. He earned unanimous All-American honors and recognition as the top college wide receiver in the country. The Detroit Lions selected him with the second overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, but he was out of the league after only three years due to injuries and off-field issues. Overall, he was a very talented footballer.
Former Detroit Lions Receiver, Charles Rogers Is Dead at 38
Charles Rogers whose NFL career was stalled by drug use died of liver failure on Monday. He was considered the best receiver in the 2003 N.F.L. draft and was selected by the Detroit Lions with the second overall pick. The Lions suspended him for substance abuse in 2005, and released him the following year, ending his career after three seasons with only 36 receptions, 440 receiving yards and four touchdowns.
What is the Cause Of Death of Charles Rogers?
At the age of 38, Charles Rogers died on 11th November 2019. The cause of his death is liver failure. He had been diagnosed with cancer and was in need of a liver transplant.
Who are the Parents of Charles Rogers?
On 23rd May 1981, Charles Rogers was born in Saginaw, Michigan, the USA as Charles Benjamin Rogers. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was Black. He was Christian by religion. He was born to Cathy Rogers and Charles Brown, his parents. He was raised by his grandparents. He also has a brother who died in gang violence. About his education, he went to Saginaw High School and after that, he attended Michigan State College.
How tall was Charles Rogers?
Charles Rogers was a very handsome person with an athletic body build. He had got a charming smile and attractive personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 6 feet and 3 inches and a weight of 92 kg. His other body measurements such as biceps size, waist size and more are still to get unfold yet but it will be added soon once we get details about it. He had maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercises.
How was the Football Career of Charles Rogers?
- Charles began his football career from high school where he was a letterman in high school football.
- He was a three-time all-state honoree and a five-star recruit.
- He then played for the Spartans from 2000 to 2002 while attending Michigan State University where he broke many records during the two years.
- Still, he holds the school records for most touchdowns in a career with 27, breaking the record held by former Spartans wide receiver Kirk Gibson.
- He broke Randy Moss’s NCAA record of 13 consecutive games with a touchdown catch.
- He had 68 receptions for 1,351 yards and 13 touchdowns in his 2002 junior season.
- He also won the Fred Biletnikoff Award and Paul Warfield Trophy as the best college wide receiver in the nation and was recognized as a unanimous All-American.
- His professional career began when he was drafted second overall in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions.
- During his first five games of the 2003 season, he caught 22 passes for 243 yards and three touchdowns.
- On the third play of the 2004 season, against the Chicago Bears, he suffered another broken clavicle due to which he missed the season.
- He was so devastated by the injury that the Lions allowed him to go home for the remainder of the season.
- He was suspended for four games in 2005 for a third violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.
- The Lions filed a grievance, claiming that his drug suspension violated a clause in his contract, which would mean Rogers would be obligated to return $10 million of the $14.2 million the Lions gave him in bonuses.
- The Detroit Free Press would later report that he failed drug tests each year while at Michigan State.
- He played only nine games, with three starts, and was declared inactive for four games after his suspension.
- He caught 14 passes for 197 yards and one touchdown.
- He was released by the Lions on 2nd September 2006.
- He worked out thereafter for the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the year 2006 but he was not signed due to his 40-yard dash times of 4.8 seconds, a decline from his regular recorded times of 4.4 seconds.
Is Charles Rogers married? (Children)
Charles Rogers was not married in his lifetime. Thus, he had no wife at the time of his death. But he had fathered eight children- four sons and four daughters, from four different women. Moreover, he had already fathered two children during his high school years. He had shared that he did not live with his children but wanted to become a part of their lives. Prior to his death, he was living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
What is the net worth of Charles Rogers?
The net worth of this famous football wide receiver is estimated to have $100 thousand at the time of his death. He had reached great heights in his career and he was regarded as one of the biggest busts in the NFL. His professional career started when Detroit Lions drafted him in the 2003 NFL draft. Sadly, after displaying his performance in five games, he suffered from broken clavicle during practice. Later, Lions filed a grievance, meaning Charles was obliged to pay back $10 million of the $14.2 million he had received as a bonus from Lions. His exact salary is still to get revealed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he was earning a considerable amount of salary from football career. His major source of earning was from his football career.
- 1 Former Detroit Lions Receiver, Charles Rogers Is Dead at 38
- 2 What is the Cause Of Death of Charles Rogers?
- 3 Who are the Parents of Charles Rogers?
- 4 How tall was Charles Rogers?
- 5 How was the Football Career of Charles Rogers?
- 6 Is Charles Rogers married? (Children)
- 7 What is the net worth of Charles Rogers?