Facts of Ciro Immobile
|Full Name:||Ciro Immobile|
|Age:||33 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||February 20, 1990|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ciro Immobile|
Ciro Immobile is an Italian professional football player. He plays as a striker for Serie A club Lazio. He started his professional football career from Juventus in 2009. He later played for several clubs in Europe including, Genoa, Torino, Borussia Dortmund, and Sevilla before joining Lazio in 2016. He has established himself as one of the prolific goalscorers in Lazio. With Lazio, he won the 2018-19 Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana in 2017 and 2019.
On the international level, he represented Italy football teams at various age levels. He later made his senior international debut in 2014.
What is Ciro Immobile Famous For?
- Prolific Lazio goalscorer.
- Won 2018-19 Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italiana (2017 and 2019) with Lazio.
- 2013-14 Serie A top scorer with 22 goals.
- 2017-18 Serie A joint top scorer with 29 goals.
Where was Ciro Immobile Born?
Ciro Immobile was born on 20 February 1990. His birth place is in Torre Annunziata in Italy. He holds Italian nationality. He was born to a father, Antonio Immobile, and a mother, Michela Immobile. He has a brother named Luigi Immobile. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He belongs to white ethnicity.
Ciro Immobile Career Timeline
- Ciro Immobile began his youth career in the football school “Torre Annunziata ’88”. He then transferred to “Maria Rosa” and then to Salernitana.
- Immobile eventually joined the youth academy of Italian club Sorrento in 2002.
- He scored 30 goals in the U17 during the 2007-08 season.
- In 2008, Italian club Juventus signed Immobile aged 18 for 80,000 Euro.
- Immobile was assigned to Primavera squad where he helped the club to win the 2009 Torneo di Viareggio.
- Immobile was promoted to the club’s first team in March 2009.
- He made his Serie A debut on 14 March 2009 in a 4-1 win over Bologna.
- He made his Champions League debut against Bordeaux on 25 November 2009.
- He scored a hat-trick against Empoli in the 2010 Torneo de Viareggio final to seal the title for a second consecutive season.
- Juventus loaned him to recently relegated Serie B club A.C. Siena in July 2010.
- However, he made only 4 appearances for the team before being loaned to another Serie B club Grosseto for the rest of the 2010-11 Serie B season.
- Following the 2010-11 season, Juventus loaned Immobile to Serie B club Pescara for the 2011-12 season.
- He made Pescara debut against Hellas Verona on 26 August 2011. He scored his debut Pescara goal in the same match.
- Genoa confirmed in January 2012 that they paid 4 million Euro for half of the player’s rights from Juventus.
- He became the Serie B season’s top goalscorer with 28 goals and led the club to promotion to the Serie A.
- He was named the Serie B’s Player of the Year at the 2012 AIC Gran Gala de Calcio.
- Following his loan spell at Pescara, he formally became a Genoa player.
- He made 33 Serie A appearances in the 2012-13 season for Genoa and scored only 5 goals.
- Juventus bought Genoa’s half of Immobile for 2.75 million Euro in July 2013 and sold him to Torino under a new co-ownership deal for 2.75 million Euro.
- He made his Torino debut against his former club Pescara in the first round of the Coppa Italia. He scored his debut Torino goal in the same match.
- He scored his first Serie A goal for Torino against Sampdoria on 7 October 2013.
- He scored his first Serie A hat-trick against Livorno on 22 March 2014.
- He scored 22 Serie A goals in 33 league appearances for the season, becoming the first Torino player to win the Capocannoniere since Francesco Graziani in the 1976-77 season.
- Immobile then transferred to German club Borussia Dortmund in May 2014. The co-ownership agreement between Torino and Juventus was not resolved then. Torino accused Juventus and Dortmund of violating FIFA regulation.
- Juventus sold the remaining 50% registration rights of Immobile to Torino for 8.035 million Euro.
- Immobile was transferred to Dortmund for 17.955 million Euro.
- Immobile made his Dortmund debut against Bayern Munich in the 2014 DFL-Supercup. Dortmund defeated Munich 2-0 to win the DFL-Supercup.
- Immobile made his Bundesliga debut against Bayer Leverkusen on 23 August 2014.
- He scored his debut Dortmund goal against Arsenal in the Champions League group stage on 16 December 2014.
- He scored 10 goals (3 league goals) for Dortmund in all competitions for his first and only season at Dortmund.
- Dortmund loaned Immobile in a season-long loan to Spanish club Sevilla in July 2015.
- He made Sevilla debut in the 2015 UEFA Super Cup final against Barcelona on 11 August 2015. Barcelona won the final 5-4 in the extra-time.
- Immobile suffered a horrible injury after he collided with an opponent in a friendly match against Watford on 31 July 2015. he was stretchered off the pitch wearing an oxygen mask and a neck brace. A later diagnosis determined minor injury.
- Immobile scored his first Sevilla goal in a 3-2 win over Real Madrid on 8 November 2015.
- Sevilla bought them outright for 11 million Euro million plus the 3 million Euro for the loan spell from Dortmund in November 2015.
- Sevilla loaned Immobile to his former club, Torino, in January 2016 for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.
- He scored 5 league goals in his return to Torino.
- Italian club Lazio signed Immobile for 8.75 million Euro plus 700,000 commission to agents in July 2016.
- He made his Lazio debut against Atalanta on 21 August 2016 and scored his debut goal in the same match.
- He scored then career-high 23 league goals for Lazio in the 2016-17 season. He had scored 3 more goals in the Coppa Italia.
- Immobile scored twice in a 3-2 win over Juventus to lift the Supercoppa Italiana in August 2017.
- Immobile extended his contract with Lazio until 2022 in October 2017.
- He broke the record for most goals scored by a Lazio player in a single season when he scored a brace in 6-2 home win over Benevento in March 2018.
- He finished the 2017-18 season as the joint top goalscorer in Serie A with 29 league goals (41 in all competition). Immobile and Inter’s Mauro Icardi jointly won the Capocannoniere for the season.
- Immobile scored 19 goals in 46 appearances in all competitions for Lazio in the 2018-19 season.
- He helped the club to win the 2018-19 Coppa Italia.
- He also helped the club to win the 2019 Supercoppa Italiana.
- Immobile scored 34 league goals (with 2 matches remaining in the league) in the 2019-20 Serie A season, making him the joint top scorer in Europe. Only Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich scored 34 league goals in the 2019-20 season. He is close to winning European Golden Boot for the season. In the league, Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo is trailing him with 31 league goals.
Ciro Immobile International Career
- Ciro Immobile represented Italy football teams at various age levels.
- He represented Italy U20 and U21 football teams.
- He was part of the Italy U20 team that finished runner-up in the Mediterranean Games 2009.
- He was also part of the Italy U21 team that finished runner-up in the 2013 UEFA European U21 Championship.
- He received his first call-up to the senior team in March 2014. He made his senior international debut in a friendly match against Spain on 5 March 2014.
- Immobile scored a hat-trick in Italy’s final World Cup warm-up match against Brazilian club, Fluminense. He was included in the Italy football team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He scored his official debut senior international goal in a friendly match against the Netherlands on 4 September 2014.
- He represented Italy at the 2016 UEFA Euro.
- Torneo di Viareggio top scorer: 2010 (10 goals)
- Torneo di Viareggio best player: 2010
- Serie B Footballer of the Year: 2012
- Serie B top scorer: 2011–12 (28 goals)
- Serie A top scorer: 2013–14 (22 goals), 2017–18 (joint – 29 goals)
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2013–14, 2017–18
- UEFA Europa League Top Scorer: 2017–18 (joint – 8 goals)
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2017–18
- Serie A MVP of the Month: October 2019
Ciro Immobile Wife
Ciro Immobile is a married man. He is married to his model girlfriend, Jessica Melena. The couple got married in 2014 and shares two daughters together, Giorgia and Michela, and a son.
He has over 1.1 million followers on his Instagram @ciroimmobile17, over 341.7k followers on his Twitter @ciroimmobile, and over 854k followers on Facebook.
How Tall is Ciro Immobile?
Ciro Immobile stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 158.5 lbs i.e. 72 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. He highlights his hair blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Ciro Immobile Salary
Ciro Immobile earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He was only 18 when Juventus signed him for 80,000 Euro in 2008. Genoa signed him for 4 million euros in January 2012. German club Borussia Dortmund signed him for 17.955 million Euro in May 2014. Sevilla bought him for 11 million Euro plus 3 million Euro for the loan spell in November 2015. He signed for Lazio for 8.75 million euros in July 2016. He signed a contract extension with Lazio in October 2017. He has an annual salary of 2.5 million Euro at Lazio. He also has an endorsement deal with Adidas. His net worth is estimated at 15 million euros at present.