Daniel Wroughton Craig is an English actor.
Facts of Daniel Craig
|56 years 0 months
|March 02, 1968
|Chester, Cheshire, England
|Ella and Henry
|Relationship affair ?:
|Is gay ?:
|Timothy John Wroughton Craig
|Guildhall School of Music and Drama
|Height / How tall :
|Best Match for Marriage:
|View more / View fewer Facts of Daniel Craig
It’s a huge challenge, a huge responsibility. Bond is a huge iconic figure in movie history. These opportunities don’t come along very often so I thought, ’Why not?’
Being on your own would be sad, sick and weird. I don't trust myself. I need that balance.
I find it very easy playing Bond. I think he's hilarious. He gets himself into some extraordinarily funny situations.
For actors today, playing the iconic role of James Bond is one the most coveted projects in the entertainment industry and Daniel Craig is one of the few actors who not only landed the role but embodied it perfectly. Before his meteoric rise to fame for playing the international spy, Daniel Craig was known for his work in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The Mother, Road To Perdition, and I Dreamed of Africa. Since landing the iconic role, Daniel has seen his fame rise immensely and gone on to land roles in several blockbusters over the year. Here’s everything you need to know about the British actor.
What makes Daniel Craig famous?
Daniel Craig is an English actor. He is nominated for the BAFTA Award for his debut as James Bond in the 2006 movie, Casino Royale. Likewise, the features of various popular movies. The actor then went on to portray Bond in three more movies: Quantum of Solace, Skyfall, and Spectre. He became globally known for his role as the new James Bond, the suave spy in the 2006 movie, Casino Royale.
Who are the parents of Daniel Craig?
Back to his early life, Daniel was born in Chester, Cheshire, England. His birth name is Daniel Wroughton Craig. His father’s name is Timothy John Wroughton Craig who was the landlord of the pubs ‘Ring o’ Bells’ and ‘Boot’s Inn’ in Chester England and also served as a midshipman in the Merchant Navy. Likewise, his mother’s name is Carol Olivia who was an Art Teacher. The actor also has two siblings, one older sister named Lea Craig and another brother, Harry Craig.
Regarding his education, Daniel has his primary school in Frodsham, Then he joins Holy Trinity Primary School in Hoylake. He couldn’t pass out the eleven plus there and attended Hilbre High School in nearby West Kirby. He finally completed his secondary education when he was 16-years-old. Daniel has also join Calday Grange Grammar School as a sixth form student. He is an alumnus of the National Youth Theatre and graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
When did Daniel Craig pursue his acting career?
- Daniel Craig started his career by playing the debut role in the drama, ‘The Power of One’ in 1992. In the movie, he has portrayed the role of an Afrikaner soldier.
- Likewise, after this debut, he receives a great chance to perform in a large movie. Craig then starred in various movies including, ‘Sharpe’s Eagle,’ ‘Kiss and Tell,’ ‘A Kid in King Arthur’s Court,’ and so on. Not only that he made his debut in movies but he also has his performance on two episodes of the series, ‘Zorro,’ in 1993. He has his normal life starring in some series. But in 1996 when he debuts for the TV series, ‘Our Friends in the North’ it uplifted his career a lot.
- The great success of the series helps to recognize Craig’s abilities and talent all over and he gains a lot of popularity. Likewise, 1998 was also his successful year as he has his career uplifting with mots of his successful movie. His biopic, ‘Love is the Devil receive well comments and was commercially so good.
- After his super success in ‘Love is the Devil,’ he consequently receives the chance to perform in the next historical biopic ‘Elizabeth,’ which released in 1998. The film was widely commended for its subject & for the perfect portrayal of the character as a monk. Craig has his trend to have his movie successful accordingly with the release of the World War I saga, ‘The Trench.’ It is a movie that was a blockbuster and gives the opportunity to showcase his talent as an actor. Likewise, his other movie released in the same year includes, ‘Hotel Splendide,’ ‘Some Voices,’ & ‘I Dreamed of Africa.’
- Craig has his powerful performance in ‘The Mother,’. He has a power-packed performance in the movie and receives great success. Proving his talent he plays another violent crime thriller role in, ‘Layer Cake.’ He then played the character of Joe in the movie, ‘Enduring Love.’
- On November 14, 2006, Craig collaborating with Bond release their first movie. He there stars the role of ‘Casino Royale’ and it was also the blockbuster gaining a lot of success. The movie was able to garner $594 million at the box office, which was the highest ever by a Bond film then. He then performs his other various of the Bond film including ‘Infamous,’ ‘The Golden Compass,’ ‘The Invasion,’.
- Likewise, ‘Flashbacks of a Fool.’ In ‘Renaissance,’ also come upon the list. The actor has not shown his acting talent but he has also provided his voice for Barthélémy Karas character. But, none of the movies worked for him & duped him dramatically.
- In the year 2012, Craig also has a great performance reprising his role of James Bond 007 in his next outing titled, ‘Skyfall.’ The film surpassed all the 22 Bond movies released earlier regarding positive reception and box office collection.
- In 2017, Craig co-starred in Steven Soderbergh’s comedy Logan Lucky, about two brothers who pull off a heist during a NASCAR race. Craig starred alongside Halle Berry in the drama Kings set during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. The film premiered in September 2017, but has not yet received distribution and was savaged by many film critics.
- In April 2018, Daniel Craig told the Associated Press that the untitled 25th James Bond film would be his next project; the film was to be directed by Danny Boyle with a scheduled (North American) release date of 8 November 2019 but was delayed after Boyle withdrew from its production.
- During the delay of Bond 25, Craig joined Rian Johnson’s “Knives Out” as a detective investigating the sudden death of a family patriarch. Lionsgate will distribute the film on 27 November 2019.
- Other than films & televisions, Craig has lent his voice & image of James Bond to some video games such as the Nintendo 64, Wii game GoldenEye 007, and James Bond 007: Blood Stone, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, & Microsoft Windows.
What are the achievements of Daniel Craig?
Daniel has a blockbuster movie and his talent is appreciated by everyone. As he has good performance, he has been nominated several times to prestigious awards over various years respectively. Likewise, he wins in the category of Best Actor at the Edinburgh International Film Festival Award. And he receives awards in British Independent Film Awards, London Film Critics Circle Awards, Empire Awards, Evening Standard British Film Awards, Sant Jordi Awards, and Critics’ Choice Awards.
Is Daniel Craig Still Married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Craig was in a relationship with Fiona Loudon. No sooner the relationship turns into marriage when they tied the knot in 1992. They also have a daughter, Ella. The relationship, however, did not last long and ended up in divorce in 1994.
later, He was in a relationship with Geike Makatsch who was one of the German actresses. Their relationship lasts long for seven years until 2001. Following this, he dated Satsuki Mitchell and Sienna Miller.
In December 2010, he dated actress Rachel Weis. They first met in 1992 in “Les Grandes Horizontales” and now each other. They had also worked together on the movie “Dream House”. Rachel married Craig on June 22, 2011. The marriage ceremony was privately held in New York City with just 4 guests. The guests were his daughter, Ella, and his son, Henry.
How much net worth does Daniel Craig own?
Daniel Craig has a pretty impressive net worth of $130 million at present. Considering the fact that he has been acting consistently since 1992, it’s not surprising that he has racked up this amount; however, the bulk of his net worth comes from his role as James Bond, which he has had for over a decade. Beyond that, Daniel Craig has also made a pretty penny from endorsement deals over the years.
How tall is Daniel Craig?
He has an athletic built body standing with a height of 5 feet 10 inches. The actor weighs 78 kg. He has blond colored hair and blue colored eyes. Further, his body measures 47-31-16 inches.