Gardner Flint Minshew II is an American football quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League. He played college football at East Carolina before transferring to Washington State, and was drafted by the Jaguars in the sixth round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Facts of Gardner Minshew
|27 years 9 months
|May 16, 1996
|Flowood, Mississippi, United States
|Relationship affair ?:
|Is gay ?:
|East Carolina University
|Height / How tall :
|Best Match for Marriage:
|Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
|View more / View fewer Facts of Gardner Minshew
Gardner Flint Minshew II famed as Gardner Minshew is a famous and well recognized American football quarterback. At present, he is playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He began his career by playing college football at East Carolina, before transferring to Washington State, and was drafted by the Jaguars in the sixth round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Following an injury to starter Nick Foles in the first game of the 2019 season, he took over starting duties for the team. Overall, he is a very talented footballer with a charming face and leader role towards the team.
Early Life of Gardner
On 16th May 1996, Gardner opened his eyes for the first time in Flowood, Mississippi, the USA as Gardner Flint Minshew II. His nationality belongs to American and his ethnicity is White. As of 2019, he celebrated his 23rd birthday. He was born to Flint and Kim Minshew, his parents. Gardner’s mom, Kim, played college basketball at Mississippi State and loves seeing her son defy the odds. Prior to Gardner getting drafted, Kim admitted that it is a bit surreal to think of her son as an NFL quarterback. One of the most intriguing parts of Gardner’s story is that there is no Gardner Minshew I. Gardner’s dad, Flint, simply wanted his son to be Gardner II which is the official name listed on the Jaguars website. Things could have been even more interesting if Gardner’s grandfather, Billy Minshew, had his wish. He also has a sister named Callie. Talking about his education, he went to attend Brandon High School and later went to Washington State College.
Body Measurements of Gardner
Gardner is a very handsome footballer with an athletic body build. He has got a very charming smile with an attractive body style. He attracts a lot of people towards him with his nice attitude. He has got a tall height of 1.85 m or 6 ft 1 in with the bodyweight of 102 Kg or 225 lb. His other body measurements have not been revealed by any sources but it will be added soon once we get details.
Career of Gardner
- From his high school in Bradon, he played quarterback for the Brandon Bulldogs from the year 2011 to the year 2014.
- Also, he played sparingly during his freshman year, but he became the starting quarterback his sophomore year, a job he kept through his senior year.
- In the year 2012, as a sophomore, he led the Bulldogs to the 6A Mississippi Championship game, where the Bulldogs lost, 23-31.
- He led the Bulldogs to a South 6A championship his senior year in the year 2014.
- After that, he committed to play football at Troy University, in Troy, Alabama in December 2014.
- In 2015, he began his college football career at Northwest Mississippi Community College where he led the team to the NJCAA National Football Championship, passing for 3,228 yards with a 60.8% completion percentage.
- In the year 2016, he transferred to East Carolina University where he played in seven games while starting two at QB for the Pirates.
- He then split time with Duke University transfer Thomas Sirk as East Carolina’s quarterback. Minshew began to show his talents late in the season by passing for over 350 yards in 3 consecutive games (463 yards and 3 touchdowns against Houston, 444 yards and 4 touchdowns against Cincinnati and 351 yards against Memphis) in the year 2016 and finished the year with 2140 yards passing and 16 touchdowns for the Pirates.
- He also received his bachelor’s degree from East Carolina University in December 2017.
- Immediately, he became eligible under the NCAA’s graduate transfer rules.
- He also helped lead Washington State to a school-record-breaking 11 wins in the year 2018.
- In his third game as the school’s starting quarterback, he passed for a career-high 470 yards and a school-record 78.9% completion rate in a 59–24 victory over Eastern Washington.
- He threw for 473 passing yards and broke another school record with seven passing touchdowns against Arizona.
- He led FBS in pass completions (433), pass attempts (613), passing yards per game (367.6) was second in passing yards (4,477) and finished in the top five with 38 touchdowns. in 2018.
- He claimed the Pac-12 single-season record for most passing yards, a record previously held by Jared Goff against Iowa State.
- Talking about his awards, he was awarded the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award as the nation’s top senior- or fourth-year quarterback and was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year for 2018.
- He finished fifth in voting for the Heisman Trophy, becoming the ninth player in Washington State history to place in the top 10 for the award, and the highest WSU finisher since Ryan Leaf, who was third in Heisman voting in 1997.
- He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the sixth round, 178th overall, of the 2019 NFL Draft.
- He made his NFL debut against the Kansas City Chiefs when starter Nick Foles was taken out of the game due to a shoulder injury on 8th September 2019.
- He completed 22 of 25 passes for 275 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the 40-26 loss. Minshew’s pass completion percentage of 88% is the highest of any player making his debut in NFL history (minimum 15 pass attempts, since at least 1950), and also the highest single-game pass completion percentage in Jaguars history.
- He was named the starter going forward after it was revealed that Foles had suffered a broken clavicle.
- He finished with 213 passing yards and a touchdown along with 56 rushing yards as the Jaguars lost 13-12.
- He made his first victory as a professional in Week 3 first victory as a professional.
- He passed for 204 yards and two touchdowns in the 20-7 victory.
- He will achieve great success more in the future looking towards his career.
Marital Status, Wife, Child, Dating
Gardner is very young to get married as he is only 23. He is unmarried yet neither he is dating someone. He is single at present. As there is also no rumors about his dating history with anyone. At present, he is living a happy life without any disturbances and he is focusing mainly on his football career leading the team. He is not gay and his sexual orientation is straight.
Net Worth of Gardner
Gardner Minshew’s salary is quite a bargain at $495,000 for the 2019 season, per Spotrac. He signed a four-year,$2.7 million contract with the Jaguars after being selected in the sixth round of the NFL draft with the 178th overall pick. His contract reflects his initial role as a backup quarterback but is more indicative of the salary structure for late-round picks. For comparison’s sake, the Jaguars just signed Nick Foles a four-year, $88 million contracts this offseason while Foles is making $5 million this season, but it will bump up to $15.1 million for 2020. Minshew did receive a $190,884 signing bonus that was fully guaranteed, per Spotrac.
Gardner Minshew’s Contract & Salary