Granit Xhaka is a Swiss professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Arsenal and captains the Switzerland national team.
Facts of Granit Xhaka
|Full Name:||Granit Xhaka|
|Age:||29 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||September 27, 1992|
|Birth Place:||Basel, Switzerland|
|Net Worth:||20 Million Euro|
|When did Granit Xhaka get married ? (married date):||July, 2017|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Ragip Xhaka|
|Mother's Name:||Elmaze Xhaka|
|Education:||University of Pristina|
|Height / How tall :||6.1 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Granit Xhaka|
A Swiss international footballer who is currently playing for English club Arsenal as a midfielder is named for Granit Xhaka. Before landing at Arsenal, the enthusiastic player played for Borussia Monchengladbach and Basel. He is a member of Switzerland national team and has won 61 caps with nine goals. He was made the captain of Borussia Monchengladbach in 2015 at the age of 22, leading the team to UEFA Champions’ League qualification for a second successive season. He is included in Switzerland’s 23 man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and is the main player of the team. Overall, he is a very talented footballer.
Granit Xhaka Confident That Second Season Under Unai Emery Will Be More Successful
Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka has stated that the Arsenal squad is far more likely to be successful this season as their familiarity with Unai Emery grows. He spoke in a press conference and asserted that he and the Gunners are ready to start the season on the front foot, feeling far more comfortable and aware of their manager’s plans and style. He said “We know Unai now for one year. We know him, how he wants to play, the philosophy, the ideas…It is not easy if you have a new staff and to take the ideas so fast but now it is the second year, we know what we want, he knows us better than last season”. Does this follow? Arsenal’s mixed season, in which they reached the Europa League final and narrowly missed out on a? Champions League spot. He also went on to state the importance of starting the season as they mean to go on “What is important is to start very well, to take the three points in the Premier League. Last season we lost the first two games and this season it is important to start well”. Arsenal is currently on their pre-season tour in the United States of America, and have started incredibly successfully. The Gunners have already beaten Colorado Rapids, Bayern Munich, and Fiorentina, with a game against La Liga giants Real Madrid to come next.
His first game of the season is against Newcastle United on 11 August 2019.
Early Life of Granit Xhaka
Granit Zhaka was born on 27th September 1992 in Basel, Switzerland. He was raised up alongside his brother Taulant Xhaka by their Albanian parents: father, Ragip Xhaka, and mother, Elmaze Xhaka. His father, Ragip, was a student at the University of Pristina and at his 22, he participated in demonstrations against the Communist Yugoslavia rule in Kosovo which resulted in three and half year prison sentenced for him. In the year 1990, his family relocated to Switzerland from Podujevo of Pristina, before either was born. By nationality, Xhaka is a Swiss and Kosovar and his ethnicity is Mixed. His religion is Christian. As of 2018, he celebrated his 26th birthday.
Body Measurements of Granit Xhaka
Granit Xhaka is a very handsome footballer with a white skin tone and athletic body build. He has a very attractive personality with a charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and he has a balanced weight of 82 Kg. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be added soon once we got information regarding his body details. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
The career of Granit Xhaka
- Xhaka began his football career at Concordia Basel in the year 2000, with his brother.
- Both stayed two years with the club and later they moved to Basel.
- He followed several youths set up at Basel, and since 2008, he has been a member of the Under-20 team.
- Between 2008-2010, he made 37 game appearances for the under-21 squad, scoring 11 goals.
- In the 2010-11 season, he made his professional and first-team debut in the 3rd qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League in the match against Debrecen.
- He scored the first goal in the team’s 2-0 win.
- On 15th May 2011, he scored his first Super League goal in a 5-1 victory over FC Thun. Moreover, he also won the Super League Championship, the League Championship title, Double, as well as the Swiss Cup with Basel.
- On 18th May 2012, Xhaka arrived at Monchengladbach, signing a five-year contract for an estimated transfer fee of €8.5 million.
- On 18th August 2012, he made his debut against Alemannia Aachen in a DFB-Pokal.
- Later three days, Xhaka made his UEFA Championship League debut in a 1-3 home defeat in the qualification round.
- On 25th August of the same year, he made his Bundesliga debut in a 2-1 victory over 1899 Hoffenheim.
- On 23rd September 2015, he has announced the captain of Borussia.
- Under his captaincy, he led the team in a 4-2 victory against FC Augsburg and a 3-1 win against VfB Stuttgart.
- On 25th May 2016, he penned Arsenal for a worth of around £30-35 million.
- He made his Arsenal debut in a 2-1 win over the MLS All-Stars, where he entered as a half-time substitute.
- In Arsenal’s opening match of the 2016-12 Premier League season, he made his competitive debut in a 4-3 loss to Liverpool, replacing Mohamed Elneny.
- On 17th September 2016, he recorded his first goal for Arsenal in a 4-1 Premier League win over Hull City.
- With the club, he won the 2016-17 FA Cup and the 2017 FA Community Shield.
- He scored the first goal, from a direct free kick, in a 2-1 victory against Newcastle United on 15th September 2018.
- He scored again from a free-kick against Crystal Palace on 28th October 2018.
International Career of Granit Xhaka
- Granit Xhaka was a team member of the Switzerland U-17 team which won the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- He was part of the U-18, U19, and U-21 squad.
- He is eligible for both the Albania and Switzerland national team.
- But later he decided to play for Switzerland because the Swiss Football Association showed much more interest in him while Albanian sports media, FSHF ignored him.
- On 4th June 2011, he made his international team debut side Switzerland in a 2-2 UEFA Euro 2010 qualification draw.
- He has represented his native country in 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign matches, 2014 World Cup, and 2016 Euro Cup.
- He was also named in Switzerland’s 23 man team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup along with his teammates Yann Sommer, Francois Moubandje, and Breel Embolo.
Net Worth of Granit Xhaka
Granit Xhaka is a very successful and wealthy footballer with an estimated net worth of $15 million. As of 2019, he earns about £90,000 weekly wage from his current club, Arsenal which sums up to pocket him around £4,680,000 annually. His market value is recorded at £45 million. Overall, he is satisfied with his earning and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
Marital Status, Dating, Girlfriend
Xhaka is a married person. He was married to Leonita Lekaj in July 2017. He met his miss perfect, Leonita Lekaj, when the handsome hunk was playing for Borussia Monchengladbach. The duo both belong to Kosovan-Albanian families. At euro 2016, Xhaka’s lady created a stir when she made her appearance in the stands. In 2017, the loved-up pair exchanged wedding vows with Leonita Lekaj. Their wedding ceremony was lavish and attended by their family, close friends, and some of the prominent faces from football word. As of today, the couple is living a happy life.