Halle Berry is an American actress.
Facts of Halle Berry
|Full Name:||Halle Berry|
|Age:||57 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||August 14, 1966|
|Birth Place:||Ohio, U.S|
|Net Worth:||$1.9 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Jerome Jesse Berry|
|Mother's Name:||Judith Ann Hawkins|
|Education:||Cuyahoga Community College|
|Height / How tall :||5.5 inch|
|Waist Size:||26 inch|
|Bra Size:||36 inch|
|Hip Size:||37 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Halle Berry|
Halle Berry is an American actress. Berry won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the romantic drama film Monster’s Ball (2001). As of 2019, she is the only woman of African-American descent to have won the award. In this section, we will talk about Tamron Hall’s wiki-bio including her dating rumors, net worth, career, and much more. So, scroll down for more information.
When did Halle Berry become famous?
- An American Actress who is one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood during the 2000s.
- The only woman of African-American descent to have won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the romantic drama film Monster’s Ball (2001).
Halle Berry Reveals a Huge, Dramatic Vine Tattoo on Her Back
Actress Halle Berry went topless to show off her latest tattoo. The Oscar-winning actress on Monday took to Instagram to disclose the leafy vine tattoo which spanned the length of her spine.
“Who says I’m not a mermaid,” Halle wrote along with her photograph in which she can be seen wearing a mermaid-colored sequin skirt while standing in front of a stove while cooking some eggs, it seemed.
She also posted a different version of the tattoo on the Instagram story. The version was decorated with cartoon jellyfish and corals on the bottom corners.
For now, the origins of the tattoo are a mystery, since Berry didn’t tag a particular tattoo artist. The Monster’s Ball actress has at least one other tattoo – a sunflower on her derriere covering her ex-husband’s name.
On the work front, Berry will feature in the upcoming film John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. Her upcoming movie roles also include an MMA fighter in Bruised and a lawyer in Jagged Edge, neither would necessarily call for a fake tattoo.
Who are Halle Berry’s parents?
Halle Berry was born in Cleveland, Ohio, the U.S. Her ethnicity is mixed (African, American, German, and English). Her birth name is Halle Maria Berry and belongs to American nationality.
She is the daughter of father Jerome Jesse Berry and mother Judith Ann Hawkins. Her mother worked as a psychiatric nurse and belongs to English and German ancestry, father worked in the psychiatric ward and belongs to an African-American society.
She has two sisters: Heidi Berry and Renee Berry (paternal half-sister). When she was four years old, her parents had separated and she along with her sister were raised by her mother.
Furthermore, she had completed her high school from Bedford High School where she was a cheerleader, honor student. Then she had studied at Cuyahoga Community College. She had won Miss Teen All American in 1985 and Miss Ohio USA in 1986. She had also become Miss USA first runner-up to Christy Fichtner of Texas in 1986. In the same year, she was the first African-American Miss World entrant.
Halle Berry’s Acting Career
- She moved to New York City to pursue a career in acting in 1989. She struggled a lot initially and even had to live in a homeless shelter for a short while. She was offered a role in the television series ‘Living Dolls’ which was however canceled.
- She made her film debut in 1991 in a minor role in Spike Lee’s ‘Jungle Fever’. She played Vivian, a drug addict with such dedication that she got noticed for her acting skills.
- He played the title role in ‘Alex Haley’s Queen’, a television miniseries that was aired in three installments in February 1993 on CBS. She played a strong-minded biracial woman in the series for which she was greatly appreciated.
- In 1995, she played a drug addict Khaila Richards in ‘Losing Isaiah’. The movie revolves around a cocaine-addicted woman who first abandons her infant only to engage in a long custodial battle later on.
- Her other movies for the decade of the 1990s include: ‘Executive Decision’ (1996), ‘BAPS’ (1997), and ‘Bulworth’ (1998).
- She was chosen to play Dorothy Dandridge in Martha Coolidge’s television film ‘Introducing Dorothy Dandridge’ in 1999. She portrayed the first black woman to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress in the movie. This role won Halle several awards.
- In the 2000 superhero film, ‘X-Men’, Halle played the mutant Storm who can manipulate the weather. The film was both a critical as well as a commercial hit.
- She got the chance of her life when she was offered the role of Leticia Musgrove in the romantic drama ‘Monster’s Ball’ in 2001. Her performance in the movie was highly acclaimed and she won several awards for it.
- She played a psychiatrist in the supernatural thriller ‘Gothika’ in 2003 in which her character is accused of having murdered her husband and put behind bars. The film was a moderate success.
- Over the next few years, she acted in movies like ‘Catwoman’ (2004), ‘Robots’ (2005), and ‘Perfect Stranger’ (2007). But none of these films performed well.
- In one of her more challenging roles, she played Frankie in ‘Frankie & Alice’ (2010) in which she portrayed a woman who suffers from dissociative identity disorder and has two alters. She received numerous awards and nominations for this role.
- Subsequently, she had appeared on New Year’s Eve in 2011, and in 2012, she had acted as one of the leads in the film Cloud Atlas. In the next year, she had signed on to star in the CBS drama series Extant as well as played Molly Woods, an astronaut who struggles to reconnect with her husband after spending 13 months in space. She had launched a new production company with producing partner Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas in 2014.
- She competed against James Corden in the first rap battle on the first episode of TBS’s Drop the Mic, originally aired on October 24, 2017. She has taken on the role of an assassin in the film John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, which is scheduled to be released on May 17, 2019, by Lionsgate.
- She currently serves as executive producer of the BET television series Boomerang, based on the film in which she starred. The series premieres February 12, 2019.
Halle Berry’s Awards and Achievements
Moving towards the awards and achievements, she has won many awards in her life. She has achieved the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress, the Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and the Academy Award, and many more.
Similarly, In 2013, she won the ‘Tenn Choice Awards’ for ‘Choice Movie Actress: Drama’ for her role in ‘The Call’. In 2014, she won the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ for ‘Choice Movie: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Actress’ for her role in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ and ‘Saturn Awards’ for ‘Best Actress’ for her role in ‘The Call’.
In addition, She won the ‘Kids’ Choice Awards’ for ‘Favorite Female Action Star’ for her role in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ in 2015.
Who is Halle Berry’s new boyfriend?
Reflecting on her personal life, Halley Berry has been married three times in her life. She was married to a baseball player, David Justice on December 31, 1992. They remained happily married for more than 3 years and separated in 1996. On June 24, 1997, their divorce was finalized. Then she had dated actor Shemar Moore for a couple of months from 1997 to 1998.
Earlier, she had dated Chicago dentist John Ronan from March 1989 to October 1991. She had even dated French Canadian model Gabriel Aubry in 2005 and were blessed with a girl child in 2008. But these relationships didn’t work out and they got separated.
After that, she had dated singer Eric Benét in 1999. She had married on 24 January 2001. But the relation didn’t work out and they got separated in 2005. She had also married French actor, Olivier Martinez on July 13, 2013, in France. The couple is blessed with a son named Maceo-Robert. But the couple had separated in 2016.
How much does Halle Berry make?
Halle berry’s hard work and dedication in the entertainment industry have paid off and earned her a good fortune. In addition to her revenue from acting, she earns income from the French Lingerie brand, Scandale Paris, and popular fragrance, Halle. She is also a brand ambassador for the Revlon brand. As one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood, Halle Berry has a net worth of $ 80 Million as of 2019.
According to some online sources, she earns around $ 16 million yearly as an actress. Her major source of income is from the movies. She charges $ 10 to $ 15 million per movie.
In addition, she has a lush vacation home in Canada, the Canadian Hoose, worth $ 1.9 million. She owns a $ 5 million mansion in Malibu. A few of her luxury cars include BMW, Lexus RX. She also donates money for charity. She had played an important part in the Diabetes Awareness Campaign.
Halle Berry’s Height, Weight, and Body Statistics
Observing her body statistics, Halle Berry has a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs 55kg. She has a pair of beautiful black eyes and gorgeous black hair, her body measurement is 36-26-37 inches. Her dress size is 6(US) and shoe size is 7(US).