Facts of June Shannon
|Full Name:||June Shannon|
|Age:||42 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||August 10, 1979|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of June Shannon|
June Edith Shannon, popularly known as Mama June is an American television personality. She rose to prominence after appearing on the TLC series, Toddlers & Tiaras along with her daughter, Alana Thompson. Their popularity earned them their own reality series, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, which chronicled the Shannon family members. The family also appeared in other television series. Mama June has always managed to remain in the limelight following her affair with criminals who were convicted in the past or eventually convicted after they met. She has 4 kids. Her first daughter was born when she was only 15 years old.
She has over 513k followers on her
What is June Shannon Famous For?
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo star.
- The main cast of Mama June: From Not to Hot.
Where was June Shannon Born?
June Shannon was born on 10 August 1979. Her birth place is in McIntyre, Georgia in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to a father, Marvin Shannon, and a mother, Sandra Hundley. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She has 3 siblings, Joanne “Doe Doe” Shannon, Joanie Shannon, and James Edward Shannon. She also has 2 half-sisters, Michelle, and Nicole. She belongs to White ethnicity. She is legally blind due to childhood cataracts.
June got pregnant at the age of 14. Thus, she dropped out of high school. She later earned her GED. Let us explore some facts on Mama June’s life events.
June Shannon Career Timeline
- June Shannon made her television debut appearing on the reality show, Toddlers and Tiaras with her youngest daughter, Alana in 2012.
- They rose to the limelight following their appearance on Toddlers and Tiaras.
- TLC landed their own reality series titled, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
- The series premiered in August 2012. TLC canceled the series in October 2014 after four seasons. They canceled the series after June Shannon was started dating the man who molested her oldest child, Anna.
- TLC later aired four episodes as the two-hour special Here Comes Honey Boo Boo: The Lost Episodes in April 2017.
- She struggled with being morbidly obese as an adult. She weighed 460 pounds at her heaviest.
- She underwent bariatric surgery in 2016. A part of her stomach was removed as part of sleeve gastrectomy. She lost more than 300 pounds following the surgery, dieting, and exercise. Kenya Crooks became her personal trainer.
- Following her weight loss, she underwent cosmetic surgery to improve her appearance. She reportedly spent $75,000 to undergo plastic surgery.
- Her weight loss journey was featured on We TV reality series, Mama June: From Not to Hot.
- It premiered in February 2017.
- Its second season premiered in January 2018.
- June Shannon and her then-boyfriend Mike Thompson appeared as participants on the reality series, Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars 4 in 2015.
- The news about June and her current boyfriend, Geno Doak being arrested in Alabama in March 2019 for felony drug possession landed.
- She made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the 2014 film, Dumb and Dumber To.
Who is June Shannon Married to?
June Shannon has 4 children, Anna, Jessica, Lauryn, and Alana. She gave birth to her first child, Anna at the age of 14. Her first child, Anna was fathered by David Dunn. June initially considered placing Anna up for adoption by her aunt and uncle, Janice and James Shannon, but the paperwork was never finalized. June’s mother, Sandra ultimately raised Anna. Her daughters, Jessica and Lauryn were fathered by Michael Anthony Ford. Michael Ford spent two years in jail after being convicted of sexual exploitation of a child over the internet.
June also dated Mark McDaniel, who was later convicted of abusing Mama June’s daughter, Anna. He also served prison for aggravated child molestation. June’s youngest kid, Alana, was fathered by Mike Thompson. June and Mike separated in 2014.
June came out bisexual alongside Lauryn in 2015.
She is currently dating Geno Doak, who has previously served jail time for burglary, theft, and criminal damage to property. June and her current boyfriend Geno were arrested in March 2019 in Alabama. They were arrested for felony drug possession.
The family now lives in Hampton, Georgia.
How Tall is June Shannon?
June Shannon stands at a height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has an average body build. She has a body weight of 161 lbs i.e. 73 kg. She weighed 460 pounds at her heaviest. She underwent bariatric surgery in 2016, where a part of her stomach was removed as part of sleeve gastrectomy. She lost more than 300 pounds following the surgery, dieting, and exercise.
She has green eyes and her hair color is blonde.
What is June Shannon Net Worth?
June Shannon earns from her television career. She has been featured on several television reality series. She also uses her social media to endorse several brands. Her net worth is estimated below $1 million.