Mark Vincent Hurd was an American technology executive who served as Co-CEO and as a member of the board of directors of Oracle Corporation.
Facts of Mark Hurd
|Full Name:||Mark Hurd|
|Birth Date:||January 01, 1957|
|Death Date:||October 18, 2019|
|Birth Place:||Manhattan, New York, United States|
|Net Worth:||$135 million|
|When did Mark Hurd get married ? (married date):||, 1990|
|Children:||Kathryn Hurd, Kelly Hurd|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Ralph Steiner Hurd|
|Mother's Name:||Teresa A.|
|Height / How tall :||5ft. 7inch|
|Hair Color:||Light brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mark Hurd|
Without execution, 'vision' is just another word for hallucination.
The more accountable I can make you, the easier it is for you to show you're a great performer.
When someone gets a job, it better be clear what they did to get it. s
Mark Hurd was an American technology executive who served as the CEO of three major technology companies throughout his life. Hurd served as a member of the board of directors and also as co-CEO of the multinational company technology, Oracle Corporation. Hurd was also a member of the Technology CEO Council and board of directors of News Corporation who had emerged as a business tycoon died on October 18, 2019.
What was Mark Hurd Famous for?
- Famous as the co-CEO of Oracle Corporation.
Where is Mark Hurd From?
Mark Hurd was born on January 1, 1957, in Manhattan, New York, United States. Hurd’s real name was Mark Vincent Hurd. His nationality was American. Hurd belonged to White ethnicity while Capricon was his zodiac sign.
Hurd was from the heart of America, New York where he was raised by his parents. Hurd was the son of Teresa A.(mother) who was a debutante, and Ralph Steiner Hurd(father), a financier. Hurd attended Archbishop Curley-Notre Dame High School, in Miami, Florida, and graduated in 1975.
Four years later, Hurd graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in 1979. He joined Baylor University with a tennis scholarship. Hurd was also a member of the “Baylor University Board of Regents”, “Phi Delta Theta” and Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee.
Mark Hurd’s Career Highlights: CEO of Oracle Corporation
- Mark Hurd started his career working for NCR Corporation as a junior salesman in San Antonio in 1980.
- Hurd spent his 25 long years at NCR Corporation, as president in 2001 and then as a chief executive officer in 2003.
- Hurd was appointed permanent CEO at Hewlett-Packard in 2005.
- During his tenure as CEO, Hurd was named one of Fortune Magazine’s 25 most powerful people in business in 2007.
- Hurd was even recognized as CEO of the Year by The San Francisco Chronicle in 2008.
- On August 6, 2010, Hurd resigned from all of his positions at Hewlett-Packard.
- Hurd was appointed as president of Oracle Corporation alongside Safra A. Catz by then-CEO Larry Ellison on September 6, 2010.
- He then became a member of the Oracle Corporation board of directors and he reported the sales force increased by 4,000 in April 2013.
- On September 18, 2014, Hurd was appointed as CEO of Oracle Corporation.
- Hurd had brought more than 30 years of technology industry leadership, computer hardware expertise, and executive management experience to his role with the Oracle.
- Hurd was also an author and speaker as he even had made keynote addresses in huge events such as Web Summit before.
- Hurd was featured several times in Barron’s in the publication’s Best CEOs lists.
- In 2018, the Hurd family gave a lead gift to Baylor’s fundraising initiative.
Who was Mark Hurd Married? How Many Children Did He Have?
Mark Hurd was a married man. Hurd was married to his wife, Paula Kalupa. Paula is an executive of NCR Corporation in Dallas. Hurd and Kalupa got married in 1990. Living together for 29 years, the couple had two beautiful daughters together: Kathryn Hurd and Kelly Hurd.
Recently, Hurd lived at Palo Alto, California, along with his family before he died.
What did Mark Hurd die of?
The 62 years old multi-millionaire, Mark Hurd passed away on Friday, October 18, 2019, after he struggled with some of his health issues which aren’t disclosed yet. The death of Hurd has left his entire family, friends and even the Oracle Corporation in shock. Hurd previously had announced of being on leave for his unspecified health issues in September 2019.
Hurd even had informed that his co-CEO, Safra Catz and founder of Oracle, CTO Larry Ellison would be managing all the work of the organization in his absence before he left. Just about a month later, Hurd died for his health issues which are yet to be known.
How much is Mark Hurd worth?
Mark Hurd had quite a great earning through his professional career as being the CEO of three reputed major technology companies. Hurd had an estimated net worth of $135 million at the time of his death. Hurd even had owned over 787,500 shares of Oracle stock worth over $52 million.
Hurd was the second-highest-paid executive at Oracle after Lawrence Ellison. Hurd used to get a total remuneration worth $108 million as the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Oracle. With the fortune in million dollars, Hurd had managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall was Mark Hurd?
The multi-millionaire CEO, Mark Hurd was a good looking guy from Manhattan who brought a great chance in the field of technology for past years. Hurd was a white man with brown hair and eyes. Hurd must have had a height of 5ft. 7inch.