Facts of Rachel McAdams
|Full Name:||Rachel McAdams|
|Age:||44 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||November 17, 1978|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rachel McAdams|
Rасhеl МсAdаmѕ іѕ а Саnаdіаn bаѕеd асtrеѕѕ, whо іѕ bеѕt rесоgnіzеd fоr bеіng wеlсоmеd bу mеdіа іn thе fоrm оf Ноllуwооd’ѕ nеw “іt gіrl,” аѕ wеll аѕ оbtаіnеd оnе ВАFТА nоmіnаtіоn fоr Веѕt Rіѕіng Ѕtаr. Ѕhе аlѕо rоѕе tо рrоmіnеnсе durіng thе уеаr 2004 thrоugh hеr rоlеѕ fеаturеd іn а соmеdу еntіtlеd Меаn Gіrlѕ аѕ wеll аѕ а rоmаntіс drаmа еntіtlеd Тhе Nоtеbооk. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Rachel McAdams famous for?
- A Canadian actress.
When was Rachel McAdams born?
Recalling her early life, Rachel was born in London, Ontario. Her nationality is Canadian and her ethnicity is mixed. She is the daughter of Sandra Kay, a nurse, and Lance Frederick McAdams a truck driver and furniture mover. Also, she has two siblings.
Similarly, She grew up in a Protestant household. She began figure skating at the age of four and won many regional awards in the sport. Even though she was very skilled at skating, she never considered it to be more than a hobby. She developed her interest in acting as a child and attended Disney and Shakespeare summer camps.
Where is Rachel McAdams educated?
Concerning her education, Rachel attended the Myrtle Street Public School before joining the Central Elgin Collegiate Institue. She participated in sports and served on the student council. She joined the four-year theater program at York University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts honors degree in 2001.
When did Rachel McAdams begin her acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Rachel made her movie debut in the 2002 comedy film ‘My Name is Tanino’, an Italian-Canadian co-production.
- Her first Hollywood movie also happened in 2002. She played a high school student in ‘The Hot Chick’ whose body is magically swapped with that of a criminal.
- She got her first big breakthrough in 2004 when she was selected to play Regina George, a beautiful but manipulative teenager in ‘Mean Girls’. The film was a huge commercial hit and she was highly praised for her role.
- She was flooded with film offers following the success of ‘Mean Girls’. She played the role of Allie Hamilton in ‘Notebook’ in 2004 which also starred Ryan Gosling. The movie did well at the box office and received several awards.
- She played Clare Cleary, an environmental activist in the romantic comedy ‘Wedding Crashers’ in 2005. The movie became a very huge hit reaching No. 2 at the box office on its first weekend. She acted in two more films the same year: ‘The Red Eye’ and ‘The Family Stone’.
- She had become very popular by now and was in much demand. She was invited along with Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley to appear on the March 2006 cover of ‘Vanity Fair’. She, however, opted out when she learned it was a session without clothes.
- She took a short break from acting during 2006 and most of 2007. She got several lucrative movie offers which she turned down.
- She returned to the big screen in late 2007 with the movie ‘Married Life’ in which she played Kay, a young widow who is pursued by two considerably older men played by Pierce Brosnan and Chris Cooper.
- The year 2009 was a very productive one for her. She acted in three films, ‘The State of Play’, a political thriller, ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’, a romantic drama, and the action mystery ‘Sherlock Holmes’.
- She portrayed a television producer Becky Fuller in ‘Morning Glory’ (2010). The film revolved around how Becky tries to revive a failing morning show and improve its ratings. The movie was considered a star vehicle for the actress.
- In 2011, she starred in Woody Allen’s ‘Midnight in Paris’ in which she played the role of Inez. Her role was critically praised and the movie went on to become a very big commercial grosser.
- She appeared in three movies in 2012: ‘The Vow’, ‘Passion’, and ‘To the Wonder’. Also in 2016, she narrated an audiobook version of L. M. Montgomery’s novel Anne of Green Gables, released by Audible.
- Later in 2018, she starred opposite Rachel Weisz in Sebastián Lelio’s romantic drama Disobedience, based on Naomi Alderman’s novel. Her upcoming films include Eurovision (2020) and other untitled projects.
Who is Rachel McAdams married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Rachel has an affair with Canadian fellow actors Ryan Gosling that started from the mid of the year 2005 and ended their affair during the mid of the year 2007, and they briefly reunited in 2008.
She has also dated American actor Josh Lucas in 2009. She dated Welsh actor Michael Sheen from 2010 to early 2013. She has been in a relationship with a Canadian music manager. Patrick Sambrook from 2013 and ended relations in 2014. In 2016, she began dating American screenwriter and director Jamie Linden. The lovebirds blessed a son together.
How much is Rachel McAdams’s net worth?
Being an actress, Rachel earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry Based on some online sources, her estimated net worth said to be $16 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rachel McAdams?
Observing her body physics, Rachel stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 54 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of hazel eyes and brunette hair color. Further, her body measures 35-24-35 inches and her bra size is 32B. She has an hourglass body shape and her dress size is 2 (US).