Facts of Rachel Nichols
|Full Name:||Rachel Nichols|
|Age:||47 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||October 18, 1973|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rachel Nichols|
Rachel Michele Alexander shortly known as Rachel Nichols is an American sports journalist who is serving the ESPN as a television host, sports reporter as well as an anchor at present. Beginning her career as a sports journalist in the 1990s, first writing for the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel sports page (1995-1996), she is active till now in the field of journalists. Moreover, she also hosts the show called “The Jump”, where they discuss NBA and cover news and stories of the game. She is known for being one of “10 Most Powerful Voices in Sports Media” by The Hollywood Reporter. She has also been named as the Esquire’s “Women We Love”. On Twitter, she is followed by 1.1 Million people, 676K people are behind her on Instagram while she follows 291 persons.
- 1 Rachel Nichols ‘secretly recorded’ in an attempt to discredit her in Florida room hotel
- 2 Famous For
- 3 Who are the Parents of Rachel Nichols?
- 4 What is the education qualification of Rachel Nichols?
- 5 How Rachel Nichols kickoff her career?
- 6 Who is Rachel Nichols’s Husband?
- 7 How much is Rachel Nichols’s Net Worth? (2020)
- 8 How tall is Rachel Nichols?
Rachel Nichols ‘secretly recorded’ in an attempt to discredit her in Florida room hotel
Recently, An ESPN employee recorded a private conversation between ESPN star Rachel Nichols, the host of “The Jump”, and another person and distributed video clips of that recording in an attempt to smear Nichols, Deadspin reported Thursday. ESPN is “extremely disappointed” after a person recorded a video feed of a private conversation involving “The Jump” host Rachel Nichols. An anonymous party sent Deadspin four clips of that conversation hoping to “expose” Nichols as a “back-stabber.” Her conversation reportedly lasted 30 minutes, though Deadspin received only four minutes of edited footage. Since Deadspin received only one side of the conversation, the site declined to reveal the specifics of the call, saying only it was about Nichols’ career and how ESPN was handling NBA Finals coverage. Deadspin added that nothing Nichols said in the clips cast her in a negative light. ESPN called that act “indefensible and an intrusion on Rachel’s privacy,” in a statement to Deadspin. Nichols is in the Orlando area covering the NBA’s 2019-20 season restart at Disney World and was on Thursday’s edition of “The Jump”. Nichols, who used to be a print reporter for newspapers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Washington, D.C., is one of the prominent media voices on the NBA.
- For serving the ESPN as a television host, sports reporter as well as an anchor.
- For her styles asking tough questions.
- For her hot looks and beauty.
Who are the Parents of Rachel Nichols?
Born on 18th October 1973, Rachel Nichols’s birthplace/hometown is Potomac, Maryland, the USA. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is American-White. Her race is White. She was born with the birth name of Rachel Michele Alexander. Her horoscope sign is Libra and her religion is Christian. As of 2019, she celebrated her 46th birthday. She was born to her parents; Ronald Jacobs (father) and Jane (mother). She also has one older brother and one younger brother.
What is the education qualification of Rachel Nichols?
As per her education, she is a 1991 graduate of Winston Churchill High School in Potomac, Maryland, and graduated from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University in 1995.
How Rachel Nichols kickoff her career?
- After graduating from her study in journalism, she began her career as a sports journalist.
- In her 1990s, she initially began writing for the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel sports page (1995-1996) before covering the NHL’s Washington Capitals for the Washington Post (1996-2004).
- After covering NHL’s Washington Capitals for the Washington Post, she joined ESPN in the year 2004.
- At there, she became a regular part of SportsCenter, Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown, as well as a regular on the network’s NFL and NBA coverage.
- Furthermore, she was also a correspondent for E:60 and has also worked as the sideline reporter on a number of Monday Night Football broadcasts.
- She then left ESPN for CNN and began hosting Unguarded with Rachel Nichols in October 2013. She was also praised for her tough questioning of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal and likewise for confronting boxer Floyd Mayweather on his history of domestic violence.
- She also worked the sidelines for Turner Sports’ NBA on TNT program from 2013-2016.
- Since her return to ESPN in the year 2016, she has co-hosted “The Jump”, a daily discussion show she created covering the NBA.
- She also became a recurring guest-host on the podcast Pardon My Take (2016-present), as well as on the TV show Pardon the Interruption.
- Besides this, Rachel was also named one of Esquire’s “Women We Love” and one of The Hollywood Reporter’s “10 Most Powerful Voices in Sports Media”.
- She was also named to Sports Illustrated’s “Twitter 100” in 2013 and 2014 and to Sports Illustrated “MMQB 100”.
- Recently in the news, one of the ESPN employees recorded a private conversation between ESPN star Rachel Nichols, the host of “The Jump”, and another person and distributed video clips of that recording in an attempt to smear Nichols, Deadspin reported Thursday.
- Because of this, ESPN is “extremely disappointed” after a person recorded a video feed of a private conversation involving “The Jump” host Rachel Nichols.
Who is Rachel Nichols’s Husband?
Reflecting on the marital status of Rachel Nichols, she is a married woman. She married to film and music video director, Max Nichols, who is the son of film and stage director Mike Nichols. They married in a Jewish ceremony in Venice in the year 2001. Rachel met her spouse at summer camp during her teenage. But the duo did not stay in touch throughout their teenage years. It was only after Nichols’ graduation they met again. They are also the proud parents of two children, twin daughters. She is loyal towards her husband and they both are supportive of each other at hard times. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Rachel Nichols’s Net Worth? (2020)
As of today, Rachel Nichols is one of the highest-earning female reporters in America. She has received worldwide recognition for her amazing skills and incredibly inspiring success. As of 2020, the net worth of Rachel is estimated at around $10 Million whereas her salary is believed to have $1.5 Million. She lives in an amazing king-sized mansion and has a lavish lifestyle. Her source of earning is from a journalism career. She is satisfied with her earnings at present.
How tall is Rachel Nichols?
Rachel Nichols is a very gorgeous lady and she has maintained herself in an amazing way. She has an amazing height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.65 meters and her body weighs 56 kg. Her astonishing body measurement is 36-34-38 inches. Her dress size is 4 US and her shoe size is 7 US. She has a fair skin tone with dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality.