Retired Competitive Swimmer
Facts of Rebecca Adlington
|35 years 0 months
|February 17, 1989
|Retired Competitive Swimmer
|Best Match for Marriage:
|Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
|View more / View fewer Facts of Rebecca Adlington
A British competitive retired swimmer, Rebecca Adlington has participated in several events like 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, Commonwealth Games, World Aquatics Championships, and European Swimming Championship among others. She currently worked as a swimming pundit on BBC TV. Also, she was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours list and was voted third in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award on 14th December 2008. To know more about her. you can read the below article.
What is Rebecca Adlington famous for?
- A British competitive retired swimmer.
Where does Rebecca Adlington live?
Going back to her personal life, Rebecca was born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England. She is of British nationality and her ethnicity is White. Her parents are Kay Adlington and Steve Adlington. Also, she has two siblings named Laura Adlington and Chloe Adlington. Further, her birth sign is Aquarius.
For education, she attended The Brunts School. Then, she joined the University of Nottingham. Later, she got selected for the Nottinghamshire Country Elite Squad.
When did Rebecca Adlington begin her swimming career?
- Talking about her career journey, Rebecca learned to swim at the age of 3 and started competing at the age of 9. Later, she swam local swimming leagues.
- After that, She participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics from England. She competing in the 400-meter freestyle events and broke the Commonwealth record with a time of 4:02:24.
- Also, she won an Olympic gold medal in the same event after beating Katie Hoff with a time of 4:03:22.
- In 2009, she participated World Aquatics Championships in Rome, where she swam 400-meter freestyle and won the bronze medal.
- Also, she adds won bronze in the 4×200-meter freestyle. However, she missed a chance medal and came fourth in the 800-meter freestyle.
- After that, She won a bronze medal in the 400-meter freestyle at the European Swimming Championships in 2010 but again failed to win a medal in the 800-meter freestyle and came seventh.
- Then, she attends the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi where she won the bronze medal in the 200-meter freestyle and was part of the English record-setting 4×200-metre freestyle relay team that also won bronze.
- She wins her first Commonwealth Games gold medal in the 800-meter freestyle. Also, she won a second gold medal in the 400-meter freestyle. She ended the season ranked No. 2 in the 400-meter freestyle and No. 1 in the 800-meter freestyle.
- After that, She participated in the 2011 World Aquatics Championships and won the 800-meter freestyle gold medal after beating Lotte Friis over the final 50 meters.
- Also, she won the silver in the 400-meter freestyle behind world record-holder Federica Pellegrini of Italy.
- Then, She attends the 2011 World Aquatics Championships and won bronze in the 400-meter freestyle with a time of 4:03.01. Also, she won another bronze in the women’s 800-meter freestyle in a time of 8:20.32.
- At the age of 23, She retired from all competitive swimming on 5th February 2013.
- After that, she joined BBC TV as a swimming pundit at the Olympic Games and World Aquatics Championships and made various other media appearances.
- She participated in the thirteenth series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! on 17th November 2013. She finished in 6th place, being voted out by the public on 6th December 2013.
- Also, she was a guest panelist on the ITV lunchtime chat show Loose Women on 25th March, 17th April and 22nd May 2014.
- Also, she appeared as contestants in Series 3 of The Jump until 07th February 2016 after her shoulder dislocated during training.
- From the BBC team for the swimming events, She worked along with Helen Skelton and Mark Foster at the 2016 Summer Olympics which held in Rio. She repeated this role at the 2017 World Aquatics Championships and the 2018 European Championships, among others.
Who is Rebecca Adlington married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Rebecca was married to Harry Needs. They married in 2014 and blessed a baby girl a year later. However, the duo divorced in June 2016. Then, she dated Andrew Parson. They made their relationship open in their friend’s marriage and living their dating life happily at present.
What is Rebecca Adlington’s net worth?
Rebecca Adlington has earned $1.1 million from her sports career as a professional swimmer. Also, her net worth influenced by her appearance in TV shows. As of now, we have no exact details of her assets and earning. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.
What is Rebecca Adlington’s height?
Rebecca Adlington has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and she weighs around 70 Kg. Her eyes are light brown and his hair color is blonde. She used 13 (US) dress sizes. Her further body information is still under review. Whenever we will update, we will get back to you.