Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, OD is a Jamaican track and field sprinter who competes in the 60 metres, 100 metres and 200 metres.v
Track and Field sprinter
Facts of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
|Full Name:||Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce|
|Age:||35 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||December 27, 1986|
|Birth Place:||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Profession:||Track and Field sprinter|
|When did Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce get married ? (married date):||, January 2011|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Mother's Name:||Maxine Simpson|
|Education:||University of Technology|
|Height / How tall :||1.52m|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce|
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is a Jamaican track and field sprinter who is the first Caribbean woman to win 100m gold at the Olympics when she was just 21. In 2012, Pryce became the third woman to win two consecutive 100m gold medals at the Olympics ever and in 2016, she became the first woman to win 100m medals at three consecutive Olympic Games. Shelly has always created history as recently she became the first mom and oldest woman in history to win 100 m gold at the World Championships in 2019.
What is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Famous for?
- Famous as the pro track and field sprinter.
- Famous as the first Caribbean woman to win 100m gold at the Olympics
When and Where was Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Born?
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was born on December 27, 1986, in Kingston, Jamaica. Her birth name is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce. Her nationality is American. Pryce belongs to Black ethnicity while Capricon is her zodiac sign.
Shelly was born in a poor family and was raised by a single mother in a deprived community. She is the daughter of Maxine(mother) who is a former athlete. Maxine worked really hard for her daughter however her street vending job sometimes barely earned enough to buy them an evening meal. Shelly got graduated from Wolmer’s High School for Girls after which she realized herself to be in the world stage.
Fraser-Pryce graduated from the University of Technology with her Bachelor of Science Degree in Child and Adolescent Development in November 2012. Later in 2016, she announced of pursuing a Master of Science Degree in Applied Psychology at the University of West Indies.
Soon after she became a world-champion sprinter in the 100-meter run. When she was 16, she got her first-ever win in the 100m race n the famous Jamaican School Championships in 2002. In 2007, Fraser earned a silver medal in the Jamaican World Championships relay squad. Later the year, Fraser went on to the Beijing Olympics.
When Did Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Start Her Professional Career?
- Fraser kicked off her professional career after she won an Olympic gold medal in the 100m becoming the first Jamaican woman in history to do so.
- In 2009, she marked herself as the No. 1 Jamaican qualifier for the 2009 Berlin World Championships and ultimately won the 100m title.
- Fraser-Pryce won the 100m and 200m at the Jamaican Olympic Trials in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- In the 2013 World Championships held in Moscow, Fraser-Pryce got his victory with the world-leading times in both the 100m and the 200m.
- Fraser also became the first woman to own IAAF World titles at 60m, 100m, 200m, and 4 × 100m relays simultaneously.
- Fraser-Pryce made her World Indoor Championships debut in Sopot in 2014 winning the 60m title.
- She set a world-leading 100m time of 10.74 in Paris and won the 100m run at the 2015 World Championships
- Winning it, Fraser became the first woman in history to win three 100m world championships titles.
- The IAAF also referred to her as possibly the greatest female sprinter in history.
- Fraser is also ranked fourth on the list of the fastest 100 m female sprinters of all time.
- She won the bronze at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Fraser also became the first woman to win 100m medals at three consecutive Olympic Games.
- Later in 2017, Fraser-Pryce didn’t play any game as she took a break in 2017 to have her first child.
- Fraser-Pryce became the oldest woman to win a 100m World or Olympic title at the 2019 World Championships.
- The victory of her in 2019, marked her fourth 100m world title and eighth world title overall.
Is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Married?
The beautiful and talented athlete, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is a married woman. Fraser-Pryce is married to her long-term boyfriend, Jason Pryce. Shelly and Jason got married in January 2011. Living for around six years together, the couple welcomed their first baby boy named Zyon on August 7, 2017.
Currently, Fraser-Pryce is living a happy life with her husband and her son in Kingston, Jamaica.
Fraser-Pryce is also a social worker as she is the chairman of the Pocket Rocket Foundation, which supports high school athletes in difficult financial situations for proper education and training.
She became the first UNICEF National Goodwill Ambassador for Jamaica in 2010.
How Much Does Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Earn?
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce has a well earning through her career as a professional track and field sprinter. Considering all the hard works and time that Fraser-Pryce has put on her career, she has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through her several wins titles and awards.
She enjoys her fortune which is estimated to be $4 million.
With all the fortune in million dollars, Fraser-Pryce has managed to live a luxurious lifestyle. Fraser-Pryce even has her own hair business, a hair salon named “Chic Hair Ja” through which she also adds few more dollars to her fortune.
How Tall is Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce?
The 32 years old record-holding athlete, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce has a well maintained athletic body physique. Being an athlete, Fraser-Pryce has been very much keen interested and conscious of her health and fitness. Fraser-Pryce has a dark complexion with black hair and black eyes. Fraser-Pryce stands tall with a height of 5ft.(1.52m) while her body weighs around 52kg(115 lbs).