Facts of Colin Jost
|Full Name:||Colin Jost|
|Age:||40 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||June 29, 1982|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Colin Jost|
Colin Jost is an American comedian, actor, and writer, who has been working as a writer for a popular late-night live television show, “Saturday Night Live” since 2005 and “Weekend Update” writer since 2014. For his work on SNL, he has won several awards including a Peabody Award, four Writers Guild Awards(WGA) as well as multiple Emmy Awards. Jost is also known for his relationship with popular actress Scarlett Johansson since 2017.
Besides, he is quite active in social media with his Instagram account: @colinjost and Twitter account: @ColinJost.
What is Colin Jost Famous for?
- Famous as a writer of “Saturday Night Live”.
- Fiance of world’s highest-paid actress, Scarlett Johansson.
Where was Colin Jost Born?
Colin Jost was born on June 29, 1982, in Grymes Hill, Staten Island, New York, United States. His birth name is Colin Kelly Jost. His nationality is American. Jost belongs to White ethnicity while Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Colin was born in a well-to-do family as the eldest son of his family to Kerry J. Kelly(mother) and Daniel A. Jost(father). His father is a former teacher at Staten Island Technical High School while his mother was the chief medical officer for the New York City Fire Department.
He was raised in Roman Catholic along with his younger brother, Casey Jost, who is a writer of “Impractical Jokers”.
Colin did his high schooling from Regis High School in Manhattan, where he was even the editor of the school newspaper, “The Owl”. Later, he attended Harvard University, where he studied the History and Literature of Russia and Britain. He was also the president of the Harvard Lampoon at the time.
While at Harvard, Jost won $5,250 on a college edition of Weakest Link.
Colin Jost’s Career Highlights
- Colin Jost began his professional career just after his graduation, as he was immediately hired as a writer at NBC’s “Saturday Night Live”(SNL) in 2005.
- He worked as SNL’s writing supervisor for 3 years starting from 2009 till 2012. In 2012, he was appointed as the co-head writer of the show which he did for 5 years till 2017.
- Jost was later appointed in replace of Seth Meyers on the “Weekend Update” which was aired first on March 1, 2014, episode. Jost also made a brief cameo appearance as Ohio Governor John Kasich in a Republican presidential debate sketch.
- Jost as a stand-up comedian has appeared on several popular shows including “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” as well as on “TBS” and “HBO”.
- In 2009, he was selected as a “New Face” at the “Montreal Just for Laughs” festival. Since then he has appeared at the “Chicago Just for Laughs” festival and the “Montréal” festival.
- He has written articles for several reputed newspapers including “The New York Times Magazine”, “The Huffington Post”, “The Staten Island Advance” and “Radar”.
- He also has published four “Shouts and Murmurs” pieces in The New Yorker magazine.
- Jost also wrote the screenplay and played a minor role in the comedy film, “Staten Island Summer”.
- In 2016, he appeared playing the role of Paul in a rom-com feature film, “How to Be Single”.
- Jost, along with Michael Che, appeared on the March 4, 2019, episode of WWE’s Monday Night Raw. They even participated in the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania.
- On the outbreak of pandemic of COVID-19, Jost along with the team of SNL continued their program working from their home. Besides, he was named a Breakout Artist by Carolines on Broadway in 2011.
Who is Colin Jost Dating?
Colin Jost is currently in a relationship with actress, Scarlett Johansson. Scarlett is a beautiful sensational actress who is categorized as the world’s most highest-paid actress and is widely recognized for her role as Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Colin and Scarlett began dating since May 2017 and after 2 years of their relationship, they got engaged in May 2019.
Besides, Colin was also involved in controversy in April 2019, when Uproxx writer Steven Hyden published an article detailing the public backlash against him. He was also a friend and dorm-mates with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg before.
What is the Net Worth of Colin Jost?
Colin Jost has quite a great earnings from his professional career as a writer and stand-up comedian. Working in this field for about a decade, he has managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several shows, several awards. His current estimated net worth is around $6 million.
Also, his fiance, actress Scarlett Johansson is a multi-millionaire who has a whopping net worth of $140 million. Besides, Jost reportedly paid over $2 million for his fancy 2600 square foot house in the Hamptons.
He earns around $25,000 per episode of SNL which makes his yearly salary around $525k per season.
How Tall is Colin Jost?
Colin Jost is a handsome man in his 30s. Jost has a well maintained athletic body physique with 44 inches as his chest size, 32 inches as his waist size, and 16 inches as biceps size. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch(1.79m) while his body weighs around 74kg(163 lbs).He has a fair complexion with dark brown hair and blue eyes.